Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:39 pm
https://twitter.com/imacSportsnet/statu ... 2688493568

Iain MacIntyre
‏@imacSportsnet

My sense of Karlsson situation is that any #Canucks interest is likely due-diligence. Team categorically against trading Quinn, Pettersson, Boeser etc. Hard to see trade fit w Ottawa.

10:37 AM - 22 Aug 2018
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/1 ... 0787334150

John Shannon
@JSportsnet

Quick conversation with Canucks' GM Jim Benning, says there is no truth to the Canucks being in the Karlsson trade conversation.

1:17 PM - 22 Aug 2018
Fucking FriedMan and his bullshit rumours...
I, for one, am happy about that...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Iain MacIntyre
‏@imacSportsnet

My sense of Karlsson situation is that any #Canucks interest is likely due-diligence. Team categorically against trading Quinn, Pettersson, Boeser etc. Hard to see trade fit w Ottawa.

John Shannon
@JSportsnet

Quick conversation with Canucks' GM Jim Benning, says there is no truth to the Canucks being in the Karlsson trade conversation.

Keep throwing the trash out for attention like that and he wont be around long
If you need air...call it in
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Iain MacIntyre
‏@imacSportsnet

John Shannon
@JSportsnet

I, for one, am happy about that...
Ditto. Hard to rebuild if you sell off 4-5 picks/assets.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:27 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:39 pm Fucking FriedMan and his bullshit rumours...
Keep throwing the trash out for attention like that and he wont be around long
No doubt.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:30 am Friedman has Vancouver linked to Karlsson. Oh boy! Get we done Jim!
Boy, hope the Aquas learned from Cheezeburgler Nonis, DO NOT trade top young talent. No matter what.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:37 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:30 am Friedman has Vancouver linked to Karlsson. Oh boy! Get we done Jim!
Boy, hope the Aquas learned from Cheezeburgler Nonis, DO NOT trade top young talent. No matter what.
Keep the assets.

Blow the wad at the 2019 draft. If we don’t win the lottery then trade the pick and the 2020 1st if needed to land the 1st overall and get Quinn’s brother....if he’s all he’s touted to be.

And move Edler or Tanev at the deadline for extra parts/picks. Go into this draft with at least 9 picks and have 4 or 5 of them in the first 3 rounds.

It would be great to be able to make the moves necessary to land Jack Hughes and also have some picks to burn on shoring up the blueline with young talent, either by drafting or trading for under 22 players that are looking ready to jump into the NHL top 6 with a top 4 potential.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:42 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:37 pm
Keep the assets.

Blow the wad at the 2019 draft. If we don’t win the lottery then trade the pick and the 2020 1st if needed to land the 1st overall and get Quinn’s brother....if he’s all he’s touted to be.

And move Edler or Tanev at the deadline for extra parts/picks. Go into this draft with at least 9 picks and have 4 or 5 of them in the first 3 rounds.

It would be great to be able to make the moves necessary to land Jack Hughes and also have some picks to burn on shoring up the blueline with young talent, either by drafting or trading for under 22 players that are looking ready to jump into the NHL top 6 with a top 4 potential.

I am strangely comfortable with this. These are the guys (and Jim can impress me by actually getting this value for them :roll: :lol: ) that I think will be gone over the course of the year (and by that u mean 1 or 2 are gone before the season starts)

Granlund is good value contract for a playoff team looking for a bottom 9 utility player. TDD deal. Kills penalties. Plays all positions
= 4th round pick, a 3rd if they are cash strapped and fighting injuries.

Gagner is a good bottom 6 center, 2nd unit PP.. preseason deal
=3rd round pick.. even go for two 4ths (JB seem so to find decent value in the bottom of a draft)

Hutton's fancy stats are better than the eyeball test, and is still young. Any time is a good time for this.
= 3rd or 4th round pick or part of package

MDZ is a utility defenceman. Decent contract for a middling D.. TDD deal.
=3rd round pick, 2nd if someone is desperate at the TDD

One of Baertschi or Goldobin (or both) is moved for an upgrade on the first line winger slot. The sooner, the better. Or perhaps, both are moved because Tanev goes for Nylander at the TDD.. or one (both) is thrown in to upgrade Nylander to Marner.. this says we are not making a play at 1st overall next year.

... but if we are making that play for 1st OA, and I think if we see the development we are all hoping for from Joulevi and Hughes, then....
Tanev is the cornerstone (along with our 1st this year) for our pitch at 1st overall. If that's not happening, and he isn't going to Taranna, then we should be able to get a 1st round pick and a prospect for him. TDD deal.

We see the development from the youth this year, we could easily have 10+ picks next draft
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I like the Kesler comparison - JB really needs an extra 1st this year to seal the deal.

Try to move Edler and/or Tanev for an extra 1st, pump-and-dump guys like Hutton, MDZ, Leipsic, Baertschi, and replenish the picks given up for Karlsson.

Ottawa needs everything - picks, prospects, roster players, cap relief. Give as much as you can without giving up prospects.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Not to be Debbie Downer, but anyone want to bet me we finish the season with the same core they start the season?

Edler is a mommas boy and is too comfortable in Vancouver to move. Tanev will be hurt and the rest of the core is the future so they are not moving.

The rest of the guys have different issues ranging from boat anchor contracts to being non core players.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:46 pm Not to be Debbie Downer, but anyone want to bet me we finish the season with the same core they start the season?
C'mon man, this isn't the thread for such realism pessimism!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, sorry, here's just a bit more.
I think it a tad early to be going bonkers on the idea of uniting the Hughes bros in Van.
That dipping, swooping style of theirs looks stupendous at the levels we have seen to date but it aint the NHL.
One is a defense man, one is a forward. You want them to play together, that will complicate line matching one hell of a lot.
It is NOT like the Sedins.
Note; We do not have Quinn inked yet, just drafted. Odds are so-so at best his college team falters and he plays this year.
Dreaming is great but at this point, that's all it is.

If there is a deal to be done with TO with the center pieces being Tanev and Nylander, don't wait, do it SAP.
IMO, good for both teams, almost makes too much sense.
Sure as hell would tie a nice ribbon on that draft year for JB. :rockin:

Even with this, money will get tight.
Around 2-2.5 more for WN and Boeser will not be less then 7 for 19/20.

However, the garden may be weeded this year.

So many, everywhere predicting bottom 4 this year.
I don't think so,
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Whats a dipping-swooping style Mick :lol:

Reef...Broba-fett...why so wrist slittingly sad ma man?

We need to start getting stoked about whats happening in stinky whale land. There are some sweet pieces stewing in the pot....nom sayin nom sayin
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Freidman is an idiot. The king at stirring up shite. Elklund moveover theres a new kid in town
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

For Karlsson and Ryan he can offer Tanev, Baertschi, Hutton and their choice of Leipsic and Goldobin. Taking on Ryan is significant and should reduce the price. But I wouldn’t make the deal unless Karlsson resigns. Then Karlsson resigns for multiple years as part of the deal they can add DiPietro and 2019 2nd. That’s the most I’d offer. Since hey have Demko, DiPietro could be trade bait. I would not move any other youth because they lack depth.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

For Karlsson and Ryan he can offer Tanev, Baertschi, Hutton and their choice of Leipsic and Goldobin. Taking on Ryan is significant and should reduce the price. But I wouldn’t make the deal unless Karlsson resigns. Then Karlsson resigns for multiple years as part of the deal they can add DiPietro and 2019 2nd. That’s the most I’d offer. Since hey have Demko, DiPietro could be trade bait. I would not move any other youth because they lack depth.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.