Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:28 pm He’s not signing for less than 11. So you have 40 million or more ties up in four forwards. Can’t see it happening unless they trade Willy Nylander.
This is my fear... they sign JT and then trade Nylander for a top-4 RSD.
Nylander for Tanev?
This is exactly what I keep seeing in my mind.

We'd have to add (Nylander is 6.5 years younger)... but I don't want to give them Tanev if they land Tavares.

But no doubt Jimmy doesn't hate the Leaves the way I do, so he'd probably go for it cuz...

Dahlen - Nylander - Pettersson

Dahlen - Pettersson - Nylander
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nylander for Tanev if they'd accept that sure, but can they get someone better?

In any case, the more I think about it the more I want to keep Tanev now, just like a Morgan Reilly - Chris Tanev dominant duo, the Canucks could have that now with a Quinn Hughes - Chris Tanev pairing moving forward.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:51 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:28 pm He’s not signing for less than 11. So you have 40 million or more ties up in four forwards. Can’t see it happening unless they trade Willy Nylander.
This is my fear... they sign JT and then trade Nylander for a top-4 RSD.
Nylander for Tanev?
This is exactly what I keep seeing in my mind.

We'd have to add (Nylander is 6.5 years younger)... but I don't want to give them Tanev if they land Tavares.

But no doubt Jimmy doesn't hate the Leaves the way I do, so he'd probably go for it cuz...

Dahlen - Nylander - Pettersson

Dahlen - Pettersson - Nylander
Ya that would be a pretty damn solid looking all svenskan line. Curious if anyone knows in detail what we have in Dahlen? Is he trending towards making the team next year? Did he have a strong year?

The foil for all this skill and speed will obviously be grit and push back. Its always a hell of a lot easier to acquire that on july 1st than the speed and skill angle. What do we have coming down the pipe for grit though? Gadjoyovic? Is Lockwood gritty? Gaudette?
If you need air...call it in
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 am
Ya that would be a pretty damn solid looking all svenskan line. Curious if anyone knows in detail what we have in Dahlen? Is he trending towards making the team next year? Did he have a strong year?
Dalhen is a skilled winger/centre who's not afraid of going to the tough areas. He played a season with Petterson two years ago, and last year led his Swedish teir 2 team to the Championship, and then to a promotion to the SHL for next season. He's a character guy and a winner.
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 am The foil for all this skill and speed will obviously be grit and push back. Its always a hell of a lot easier to acquire that on july 1st than the speed and skill angle. What do we have coming down the pipe for grit though? Gadjoyovic? Is Lockwood gritty? Gaudette?
Zack MacEwen had a strong rookie season for the Comets last year and plays with snarl. Kole LInd plays with heart and has some push back.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The foil for all this skill and speed will obviously be grit and push back. Its always a hell of a lot easier to acquire that on july 1st than the speed and skill angle. What do we have coming down the pipe for grit though? Gadjoyovic? Is Lockwood gritty? Gaudette?
Gadjovich is about it. Maybe MacEwan but neither guy moves very well. Both are going to need to drastically improve their foot speed to have any hope of an NHL career. Lockwood has speed and likes to hit but he’s 150 pounds soaking wet and has a mangled shoulder.

No way Toronto bites on Nylander for Tanev unless Vancouver is adding a significant piece
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BladesofSteel wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:37 am
Dalhen is a skilled winger/centre who's not afraid of going to the tough areas. He played a season with Petterson two years ago, and last year led his Swedish teir 2 team to the Championship, and then to a promotion to the SHL for next season. He's a character guy and a winner.
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 am The foil for all this skill and speed will obviously be grit and push back. Its always a hell of a lot easier to acquire that on july 1st than the speed and skill angle. What do we have coming down the pipe for grit though? Gadjoyovic? Is Lockwood gritty? Gaudette?
Zack MacEwen had a strong rookie season for the Comets last year and plays with snarl. Kole LInd plays with heart and has some push back.
Thanks Blades. Thats extremely promising on the Dahlen front.

Opinion...will it translate to the NHL?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:11 am

Gadjovich is about it. Maybe MacEwan but neither guy moves very well. Both are going to need to drastically improve their foot speed to have any hope of an NHL career. Lockwood has speed and likes to hit but he’s 150 pounds soaking wet and has a mangled shoulder.

No way Toronto bites on Nylander for Tanev unless Vancouver is adding a significant piece
So that means they likely roll with the runts and add balls along the way when they can. I would guess theyll be kicking tires on some tougher types who can play this and next summers. Whats out there on the ufa front? Is Reaves ufa?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Totally wouldn't be surprised if Tavares meets with the canucks, as we're the perfect foil to drive up his market value.

And what a relief that we don't have "grit" in the pipeline, that would be a total waste of draft picks and development time.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:49 am Totally wouldn't be surprised if Tavares meets with the canucks, as we're the perfect foil to drive up his market value.

And what a relief that we don't have "grit" in the pipeline, that would be a total waste of draft picks and development time.
Yes because players who have toughness and skill are garbage. :roll:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:18 am
ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:49 am Totally wouldn't be surprised if Tavares meets with the canucks, as we're the perfect foil to drive up his market value.

Yes because players who have toughness and skill are garbage. :roll:
Well, out of the last 20 Norris winners, 4 have been over 200 lbs. Since you're basing toughness solely on bodyweight at age 18, I think you should be aware of that.

I wasn't talking about "toughness and skill", I was commenting on how stupid it is to look for toughness/protection in the prospect pipeline. If you have enforcers in the pipeline, then your draft picks are probably busts.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

When did I mention having enforcers in the pipeline?
Please point it our for me. Players are allowed to have skill and toughness as a combination. That too hard for you to comprehend? And when did Norris Trophy winners have anything to do with what UDL and I were talking about? The system is devoid of players who are tough to play against or will stand up for their teammates, both at the NHL level and in the pipeline.

I’m basing toughness solely on players body weight at 18? Where do you come up with this drivel? I mentioned Lockwood likes to play hard but he’s a fucking toothpick.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:11 am No way Toronto bites on Nylander for Tanev unless Vancouver is adding a significant piece
Oh I agree... one more reason not to trade him to TO. :mrgreen:

The more I think about it, the more we need Tanev around as a mentor for another year or two.

But if we sign Mike Green on July 1st, well....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I guess Carlson will be entertaining his options. Not that we have a chance but wouldnt it be nice to add him to anchor our D...with all that cap space anything is a possibility
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:39 am
BladesofSteel wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:37 am
Thanks Blades. Thats extremely promising on the Dahlen front.

Opinion...will it translate to the NHL?
Plus Dahlen short stint in the AHL was pretty awesome, he was aggressive attacking wise as in he didn't play a perimeter game, went straight to the net with authority.

I know it's early in the offseason, but he probably will lock in a position on LW with the Canucks.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Skyo, there is a logjam of fluff in front of Dahlen right now.

Baertshci Broseph Brock
Lipstick Samwise Louis
Granlund Sutter Goldobin
Gaunce Petterson Virtanen
Motte Gaudette

And then a pisspot full of cash for Elmer to spend on July 1