Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8552
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:58 pm

Meds wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:06 pm
micky107 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:16 am
Meds wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:00 am

The exceptions are players like Toews who produce lower than what most elite centers do, but is so effective at both ends of the ice that it offsets.....and even Toews has the ability to chip in 70 points anyhow.
Toews has maybe the best on-ice vision I've seen, ever. At times he's been uncanny.
Pettersson may have that quality. Too soon to say for sure but he shocked me a few times.
Seriously dude? Toews?

I'm guessing you're a millennial then who is too young to have watched Gretzky and Lemieux, or Adam Oates, Steve Yzerman, or Doug Gilmore. Maybe you've just forgotten names like Larionov and Coffey, and Bourque.....or you're just ignorant enough to have turned a blind eye towards a guy like Thornton.
What the fuck are you on! Whatever it is, pass it around.
I guess when talking about on ice vision, we'd better include goalies too huh?
But ya, I'm trying to stay "somewhat" current.
Many of Kane's goals were made possible because of Toews on ice vision.
Then I say Pettersson shows signs of having great on ice vision, (vision also means awareness), so what?
ffs
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21067
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:09 pm

Meds wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:06 pm
I'm guessing you're a millennial then who is too young to have watched...
Old Man Micky. A millennial!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Meds » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:26 pm

micky107 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:58 pm
Meds wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:06 pm
micky107 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:16 am
Meds wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:00 am

The exceptions are players like Toews who produce lower than what most elite centers do, but is so effective at both ends of the ice that it offsets.....and even Toews has the ability to chip in 70 points anyhow.
Toews has maybe the best on-ice vision I've seen, ever. At times he's been uncanny.
Pettersson may have that quality. Too soon to say for sure but he shocked me a few times.
Seriously dude? Toews?

I'm guessing you're a millennial then who is too young to have watched Gretzky and Lemieux, or Adam Oates, Steve Yzerman, or Doug Gilmore. Maybe you've just forgotten names like Larionov and Coffey, and Bourque.....or you're just ignorant enough to have turned a blind eye towards a guy like Thornton.
What the fuck are you on! Whatever it is, pass it around.
I guess when talking about on ice vision, we'd better include goalies too huh?
But ya, I'm trying to stay "somewhat" current.
Many of Kane's goals were made possible because of Toews on ice vision.
Then I say Pettersson shows signs of having great on ice vision, (vision also means awareness), so what?
ffs
Maybe if you're trying to stay current you shouldn't use the word "ever"?

Just a thought.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by The Brown Wizard » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Meds laying down the instant justice:
Image
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Meds » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:47 pm
Meds laying down the instant justice:
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Meds is 6 ft 11 345 lbs Mickey is 5 ft 8 137 lbs.

Meds would pound Mickey into a bloody pulp.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3508
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Hank » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:47 pm
Meds laying down the instant justice:
Image
Thank goodness it's cut.
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 14954
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 pm

Granlund’s agent today saying Canucks have told him they haven’t yet decided if they will offer him a new contract. Seems they may be prepared to let him go UFA.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 pm
Granlund’s agent today saying Canucks have told him they haven’t yet decided if they will offer him a new contract. Seems they may be prepared to let him go UFA.
Reading between the lines I guess he can’t even fetch a 7th round pick.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 14954
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 pm
Granlund’s agent today saying Canucks have told him they haven’t yet decided if they will offer him a new contract. Seems they may be prepared to let him go UFA.
Reading between the lines I guess he can’t even fetch a 7th round pick.
Ya that surprises me. I think he’s worth something, a 6-7 at least.
The only HW the Canucks need

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2386
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by ESQ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:09 pm
Meds wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:06 pm
I'm guessing you're a millennial then who is too young to have watched...
Old Man Micky. A millennial!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meds never specified which millennia...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8552
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:58 am

fyp;
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:19 pm
Meds is 6 ft 11 345 lbs Mickey is 5 ft 11.5 158 lbs., ripped with cop, military, hockey and street triple black belts.

Meds would pound his hand to say uncle to Mickey laying in a bloody pulp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XysbIizNOg
Image


of course all in good fun, right?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Image
Last edited by micky107 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8552
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:25 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 pm
Granlund’s agent today saying Canucks have told him they haven’t yet decided if they will offer him a new contract. Seems they may be prepared to let him go UFA.
They probably haven't decided yet. If things go well, 8-) , they wont need him.
If not. :( , If he's still around they'll offer him a year or two.

Current management is going to make plenty of changes by October.
Not a status quo year for them.
"evolution"

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:03 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:19 pm
Meds is 6 ft 11 345 lbs Mickey is 5 ft 8 137 lbs.

Meds would pound Mickey into a bloody pulp.
And Blob is 5’-10” 255 lbs.

Too many years of Baron and Beefs and Extra Old Stock at the Port Moody Inn
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:05 am

Granlund gave the NHL more hockey than Gillis 1st round pick - Shinkaruk can dream of

Win! Benning.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply