Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:08 pm And salute to Burrows loving the organization enough and seeing the team rebuilding he knew it was best for the franchise to waive his NTC so the team could get a young asset back.

He's a true fan of the game and he loves the Canucks. :thumbs:
What he did was huge for the team, him, Hansen and bieksa were great Canucks and helped get the rebuild going.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

No doubt, that Burrows trade could be Benning's best trade yet, especially if Dahlen and Pettersson form a lethal scoring duo.
Could be the next Erat-Forsberg trade.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

What does stetcher sign for? I’m hoping it’s similar to Jim’s nephew Matt Benning. I don’t see a reason why he should be getting anymore than that. In fact I think he’s a worse player than Matt.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If I could; I would do whatever it took to make TG happy, even if it meant he would be the highest paid asst. coach ever, THEN;
Contact Alex Burrows immediately and make him head coach of the Vancouver Canucks.
Crazy? Possibly the most off the wall thing I've ever said here? Maybe. But I don't think so.
One year when he was getting over an injury to start the season, they let him sit in 2 or 3 times and comment on the live TV preseason
broadcasts.
Everyone was in a mild state of shock at how well he knew every player in the league and their tendencies.
Complete knowledge of the rules and how to manipulate them.
I can absolutely see him being a fantastic coach immediately.
Some success as a player but I think this is what he was born to do.
I'm sure I will hear the summer heat is getting to me and what have I been sniffing, smoking, consuming etc or maybe Mick was just born nuts.

I would actually do this and make a gargantuas media circus out of it, watch the hype go thru the ruff, (like me), and sell every season ticket
and private booth there is in Gm Place, sorry, Roger's Arena and merrily watch Alex lead the team to a cup in three years.
Look damn good doing it too.

HAH !!!!! Just when you thought you've heard everything, huh?
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Burrows is taking a coaching job with Laval I think.
The only HW the Canucks need
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:28 pm Contact Alex Burrows immediately and make him head coach of the Vancouver Canucks.
One of the principle lessons I took out of the Gillis era was the extent to which building a successful NHL franchise is a political exercise. This lesson in mind, I submit that no Burrows-coached NHL team would be allowed significant success while the current power structure remains in place.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm Burrows is taking a coaching job with Laval I think.
I know, I heard that this morning. Was just dreaming out loud.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:19 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:28 pm Contact Alex Burrows immediately and make him head coach of the Vancouver Canucks.
One of the principle lessons I took out of the Gillis era was the extent to which building a successful NHL franchise is a political exercise. This lesson in mind, I submit that no Burrows-coached NHL team would be allowed significant success while the current power structure remains in place.
Maybe the official's union. Not necessarily Bettman's crew.
Besides; with Seattle on the way and a healthy rivalry anticipated, even counted on, the way I see it, we can get away oodles. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Mick, you're either an absolute madman or a true genius! I freaking love this idea! (More from an entertainment-value perspective than anything else)

Game 6 in Boston, I was dying for AV to hold up a stick and hang up a white towel. The team needed that kind of a morale boost, and win-or-lose AV would have had a statue in front of Rogers Arena.

If I'm looking for a coach with the stones to reignite towel power, Burrows is the man!
Last edited by ESQ on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Especially since he is french.

Waving white cloth comes naturally to them!!

:lol: :lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yo Per and Thomas Gradin, there is a new Swedish scout to add to the Euro leagues. :thumbs:
Fighting Saints scout Patrik Jonsson has accepted the position of Amateur Scout with the Vancouver Canucks.
DUBUQUE, Iowa — Dubuque Fighting Saints scout Patrik Jonsson has been named an Amateur Scout for the Vancouver Canucks of the NHL. Jonsson’s scouting focus will include all of Europe, specifically Sweden, for the Canucks organization.

“I have had some very educating years with Dubuque getting to know the organization, and the staff has really helped me develop as a scout and as a talent evaluator,” Jonsson said. “Learning the level of play in the U.S. and Canadian leagues has really developed me as a scout and has been a key experience that has allowed me to move on as a scout.”

Jonsson has served as a coach, general manager, and as a scout throughout his career. He joins a Canucks team that has a tradition of drafting and developing high-end European players, including Henrik and Daniel Sedin, Alex Edler, and top defensive prospect Olli Juolevi.

“We want to thank Patrik for his three seasons with us. He earned this opportunity by working hard for a very long time,” said Saints general manager Kalle Larsson. “While we will miss his insight and knowledge about players, we couldn’t be happier for him and would like to wish him all the best in his new role with the Canucks.”
https://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com/n ... how/932771
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rick Dhaliwal:

Goldobin says he talks to Nikita Tryamkin, “I try to get him back to NHL but I don’t think it’s happening for a year or two.” #Canucks
Could be as early as next season when Tryamkin makes his return, anyways all the more reason to keep Goldy around aha, even if we have to wait two more years, regardless it appears Tryamkin will make at least one more attempt at the NHL dream.
Goldobin on his goals for next year, “Go to camp and show everyone I have improved and score 25 or more goals. Help the team get into the playoffs.”

Goldobin : “Been working hard this summer, trying to get a little bit faster. I am following the #Canucks off-season workout program.”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Aha I’ll believe it when I see it.

He couldn’t get out of here fast enough the first time. He was on the first flight after season ending meetings and immediately put pen to paper on a new contract. Aha
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”