Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Carlyee »

Mëds wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 pm
Carlyee wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:24 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:19 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:44 pm https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... concussion

Man, what is this guy trying to do? Trying to make me lose more sleep?

Attention hungry or a realistic concern?

I respect his expertise but he is only looking at a video replay while the team doctor has first hand xrays and physical exam.

HW what's going on with Pettersson!?
hes a chiropractor. What do you expect?
You can 100% discount any medical advice provided by a Chiropractor. They are not medical doctors, they do not practice science, they are complete snake oil salespersons.
LMAO!!! Yeah, completely discount it, they know nothing. :roll:

Yup pure garbage. A blight on the medical profession.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Mëds wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:44 pm https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... concussion

I respect his expertise but he is only looking at a video replay while the team doctor has first hand xrays and physical exam.

You can 100% discount any medical advice provided by a Chiropractor. They are not medical doctors, they do not practice science, they are complete snake oil salespersons.
Yup the government was forced to take action on chiropractors recently.
All chiropractors in the B.C. have until Nov. 1 to remove all scientifically unsupported claims from their websites, social media sites and printed advertising — or face potential discipline.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.4861575
Read the scope of the article, don't just cherry pick a couple of lines.....unless you're really a Doc Sock!!!!!

That article is talking primarily about chiropractors who are claiming they can cure things like autism and cancer. Commenting on a video definitively the way this guy did was retarded, but considering who he is and who his clients are, I would say he is a little bit more than just a quack.
If a chiropractor says he can cure migraines he is making a unproven claim. Your dad a chiropractor or something?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

His dad is 6 ft 10
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:20 pm His dad is 6 ft 10
and is also Doc's Sock! :P
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:05 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:20 pm His dad is 6 ft 10
and is also Doc's Sock! :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Where is doc anyway? Living a little too vicariously though his assortment of odd socks? Cant come back out of character?
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carlyee wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:30 pm

All chiropractors in the B.C. have until Nov. 1 to remove all scientifically unsupported claims from their websites, social media sites and printed advertising — or face potential discipline.

Read the scope of the article, don't just cherry pick a couple of lines.....unless you're really a Doc Sock!!!!!

That article is talking primarily about chiropractors who are claiming they can cure things like autism and cancer. Commenting on a video definitively the way this guy did was retarded, but considering who he is and who his clients are, I would say he is a little bit more than just a quack.
If a chiropractor says he can cure migraines he is making a unproven claim. Your dad a chiropractor or something?
That article is talking primarily about chiropractors who are claiming they can cure things like...

Nobody in my family is a chiropractor, and I've had a few experiences with some real morons in that profession, but I have also met some who are incredibly smart and know what they are talking about. Drawing a parallel between a guy who comments on a spots injury where human kinetics, and potential physical injury to related anatomy are concerned, and a guy who says he can cure a disease or illness just by making some adjustments to a a person's skeleton, is a bit of a stretch.

Frig. Grow up a bit.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There were pretty intense emotions. People going nuts, some still are.
Maybe Bo did a little last night to show the fans it will never happen again, I don't know.
I wouldn't want to see it again. Not like that.
But I wouldn't do this.
Might go to a game and yell at the coach and........
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:21 pm Image
Wow, what a coincidence. That's the same face I make every time I read one of SKYO's trade proposals. :lol:
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

The Hack and the Quack
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Mëds wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:14 am
Carlyee wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:30 pm

That article is talking primarily about chiropractors who are claiming they can cure things like...

Nobody in my family is a chiropractor, and I've had a few experiences with some real morons in that profession, but I have also met some who are incredibly smart and know what they are talking about. Drawing a parallel between a guy who comments on a spots injury where human kinetics, and potential physical injury to related anatomy are concerned, and a guy who says he can cure a disease or illness just by making some adjustments to a a person's skeleton, is a bit of a stretch.

Frig. Grow up a bit.
I've always been told by a GP that Chiro guys are not real doctors. But I have had some good experiences with these guys. I have had my sons hips re aligned (something common with hockey players), he instantly feels better when this happens once a year - is it real? - I don't know! - Dr Sigalet has seen my son (not for concussion) as well, he is the Canucks Concussion guy, his brother had a cup of coffee in the NHL and now plays in Europe. He worked with Crosby and his concussions and many NHL guys seek him out outside of the Canucks. My kid has also seen Dr. Grant former Concussion guy for the Canucks, he treated Hank and Naslund and quite a few other guys from the old regime. Again after my kid saw Dr. Grant and he said he felt better. The doc basically realigned a bone in his face (again this is what he is telling me as he is doin it) as a non Med guy I have no idea if it is working. He's telling me there is a build up of fluid due to this in his neck, which my kid has been complaining about. We leave and he says his neck is loose and feels great now. I'm like you guys I have no Idea if a chiro can accurately give advice on concussions and treatment. However my kid felt alot better when he left the office and treatment was applied.

Now Cancer and other crazy stuff I will go on record saying hell no!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:31 pm Image

There were pretty intense emotions. People going nuts, some still are.
Maybe Bo did a little last night to show the fans it will never happen again, I don't know.
I wouldn't want to see it again. Not like that.
But I wouldn't do this.
Might go to a game and yell at the coach and........
Thank you for not just copying a link.

Thats fucked. Time to grow the fuck up canuckland.
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Yes, chiropractors are real and they can do some real good work, when they stay in their lane. They do not go to medical school, thus the no doctor reference. but they undergo intense schooling and training in their discipline. They have a very legit role as a support to traditional medicine. I too have a great Chiro. But she has to stay in her lane. When she starts giving advice about medications etc she is out of bounds. After all I wouldn't go to my GP to have my hips aligned. I don't go to my Chiro to get advice on drugs.

my beef is this guy, who is widely respected in athletics, diagnosing from a video replay and then the media sensationalizing it, fear mongering.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup so it's been decided, we don't believe chiropractors, although they can be helpful from time to time.