Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by SKYO »

J.P. said the Canucks could trade for two dmen before July 1st.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 am J.P. said the Canucks could trade for two dmen before July 1st.
Ya, and maybe LE toodle-doo 8-)
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 am J.P. said the Canucks could trade for two dmen before July 1st.
In a way this might be a better course of action. It could limit the damage Elmer might do on July 1
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, what he said, in answering a question about Myers and Gardiner, was that yes Vancouver is in the mix for teams he will approach about Myers and Gardiner but who knows, by July 1st they may have made two trades for Dmen taking them out of the picture.

He was mansplaining a hypothetical. Like I don’t know if Vancouver has interest or room, wink wink, because we can’t talk to teams until Sunday so he doesn’t know for sure wink wink. So as of now wink wink, he thinks they have roster room but who knows by July 1st wink wink. But he will know more once he’s free to talk to GMs wink wink.

But it sure sounds like Louie wants out and will be dealt. Again, I would trade him for a pick, even a 7th rounder, rather than take back a bad contract. I’d hate to retain especially if it’s after July 1st and the bonus has been paid. We could trade him at the draft for a low pick for future considerations and his bonus is paid make him the futures. That way Benning has another pick this draft.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Of course we’d take a 7th rounder for the air thief. You’d probably need to add a 2nd rounder to him at minimum for that to happen.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:13 pm
Well, what he said, in answering a question about Myers and Gardiner, was that yes Vancouver is in the mix for teams he will approach about Myers and Gardiner but who knows, by July 1st they may have made two trades for Dmen taking them out of the picture.

He was mansplaining a hypothetical. Like I don’t know if Vancouver has interest or room, wink wink, because we can’t talk to teams until Sunday so he doesn’t know for sure wink wink. So as of now wink wink, he thinks they have roster room but who knows by July 1st wink wink. But he will know more once he’s free to talk to GMs wink wink.

But it sure sounds like Louie wants out and will be dealt. Again, I would trade him for a pick, even a 7th rounder, rather than take back a bad contract. I’d hate to retain especially if it’s after July 1st and the bonus has been paid. We could trade him at the draft for a low pick for future considerations and his bonus is paid make him the futures. That way Benning has another pick this draft.
Top dmen trade candidates that are rumoured to be available:

Jacob Trouba R
Justin Faulk R
TJ Brodie (shoots left, but plays right)
Zaitsev R
Gostisbehere L
Leddy/Hickey L

Spurgeon was thought to be avail, but Wild GM said they are going to re-sign him, even though Kevin Fiala and Joel Eriksson Ek need new deals and Dubnyk + Brodin need a new deal in two years, so they are up close the cap ceiling once they guys get new contracts. Why someone like Zucker is available.

Habs one of Juulsen, Fleury, Brook - all righties.
Phaneuf L
Olli Maatta L
C Miller R
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:13 pm But it sure sounds like Louie wants out and will be dealt. Again, I would trade him for a pick, even a 7th rounder, rather than take back a bad contract.
I wonder if Burnaby Joe might want to reunite Loui with his old pal Soderberg.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I was saying to trade Eriksson since 2017 my first ideal was for Dustin Brown....which wasn't accepted very well as everyone thought Brown was trash and was the main reason for the Kings demise.

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtop ... 91#p278691

then the next season Brown scores 61 pts and 51 pts lol

Also thought Eriksson didn't fit back in 2017
http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtop ... 30#p277730
With Boeser and Virtanen coming along, some funny posts there about Boeser not being a difference maker aha.

After Eriksson didn't mesh well with the Sedins and Green came along he's been the odd man out since.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Colin Miller and Nick Leddy would work for me....plus resign Edler for 2.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:07 pm Colin Miller and Nick Leddy would work for me....plus resign Edler for 2.
Nick;
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=119093
Good attendance, doesn't get hurt. That plus/minus 2 years ago, um.
Cleaned that up this last year, not as many points.

Collin:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=130532

Sure, works for me too.

how?
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I dunno lol. Usually it just happens then i read about it either on here or the score....
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:36 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Top dmen trade candidates that are rumoured to be available:

Jacob Trouba R
Justin Faulk R
TJ Brodie (shoots left, but plays right)
Zaitsev R
Gostisbehere L
Leddy/Hickey L

Spurgeon was thought to be avail, but Wild GM said they are going to re-sign him, even though Kevin Fiala and Joel Eriksson Ek need new deals and Dubnyk + Brodin need a new deal in two years, so they are up close the cap ceiling once they guys get new contracts. Why someone like Zucker is available.

Habs one of Juulsen, Fleury, Brook - all righties.
Phaneuf L
Olli Maatta L
C Miller R

Gostisbeherewas traded to Washington for Niskanen
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Radko Gudas was traded for Matt Niskanen
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:07 pm Colin Miller and Nick Leddy would work for me....plus resign Edler for 2.
Seems Vegas just wants picks and/or prospects for Miller to save on cap....and we can't afford to give that up just yet.

Unless we move a vet for picks. *cough* tanev.

What Blues GM Armstrong is good at lately, moving vets for picks, moving picks for top talent, of course he had time to build up assets, Blues hired him in 2008. And in that time he fired 4 coaches until the 5th coach Berube took em to the promised land.

Why I'm hoping GM Benning is re-signed so his draft choices can develop to vets so he finally has quality assets to move about, instead of the NTC mess he inherited or near retirement Sedins with their ironclad NMC's.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:54 pm I was saying to trade Eriksson since 2017 my first ideal was for Dustin Brown....which wasn't accepted very well as everyone thought Brown was trash and was the main reason for the Kings demise.

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtop ... 91#p278691

then the next season Brown scores 61 pts and 51 pts lol
I was right about Dustin Brown, and I'll be right about Lucic when he gets a new change of scenery.

Talking about Lucic's lack of speed -> yet ain't nobody keeping up with McDavid! are you fucking kidding me!!?! McDavid is a one man machine, he's like Horvat x 5000, pure north/south attack at the speed of light.

Big Looch beside Petey-Boeser will provide a measurably amount of protection - (& no don't bring up McDavid getting injured, like Bure, flying electric around, shit's bound to happen tragic).
But in the wars measurable - when players can think in a chess match - you gonna think twice if Big Looch is out there - I mean compare vs playing vs lightweight Eriksson - who are you gonna be more aware of out there on the ice?

$6M per

Invisible lightweight Eriksson - 3 whole hits - I mean how the fuck you avoid everything in hockey to only get a measly 3 hits???

OR

Big bad bruin bad ass LUCIC? can scrap, can hit, can score in the right setting, he's also what 3 years younger than LE?

It's almost a no brainer to swap eriksson for lucic. NMC can be waived.