Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Strangelove »

I lied... about bars closing at 11:00... in Sweden... hopefully Reefer doesn't google it...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

One of the things I noticed in this year's season ending pressers was the excitement all the players had about next season, already. There seems to be a real belief setting in. The only one who didn't display that excitement was Pettersson. He said his body is just tired and he's not sure if he will play in the world's. I think we could all see his fatigue the last couple of months. I think he will put in a monster off season and come back raring to go. He seemed to dismiss the notion that he was nursing an injury.

Brock not going to the world's, wants to have a full off season the get ready for next year.

Tanev unlikely due to timeline of his recovery.

Green very dismissive about going.

I like Goldobin. He seems like a humble guy and determined to come back next season and prove everybody wrong, show that he can be a top six in the NHL. Gotta think this is part of the Green tough love approach. It worked with Hutton. Interesting that Goldobin reached out to Hutton to get his advice on how to play through all the scratchers and how to regain Green's trust. The kid really wants to be here.

Watching those pressers I was amazed at how young everyone, well most everyone is. It was funny hearing Bo say he doesn't see himself as one of the young guys, he's 24! The NHL has changed when you see so many young guys on the team.

Benning saying yes, yes he would like to get his extension done. That'll get the detractors going.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

No gameday thread, Mick?

It’s the only “game” we’ve got left in the season.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:33 am No gameday thread, Mick?

All ready dealt with sarcasm in the "Draft" thread.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:32 pm Loui Eriksson värvades till Vancouver för att vara en framträdande spelare och i år är han lagets bäst betalda. Utvecklingen på den kanadensiska ...

That is for Per.....

OK, here goes! 8-)

Just for the fun of it, I left the Swedish original at the top, the bold is my translation and the italic is the machine translation, which btw was unususally good imho; they usually fuck up more than this:

Loui Eriksson värvades till Vancouver för att vara en framträdande spelare och i år är han lagets bäst betalda.
Loui Eriksson was recruited to Vancouver to be a prominent player and this year he is the team’s best paid player.
Loui Eriksson was recruited to Vancouver to be a prominent player and this year he is the team’s best paid.

Utvecklingen på den kanadensiska västkusten har varken blivit som svensken eller Vancouver velat.
The development on the Canadian West Coast has neither been what the Swede nor Vancouver wanted.
The development on the Canadian West Coast has not been like the Swede or Vancouver wanted.

Det bidrog till att Eriksson var petad i Vancouvers hemmamatch mot New York Rangers i onsdags.
This contributed to Eriksson being a healthy scratch in Vancouver’s home game vs the New York Rangers last Wednesday.
It contributed to Eriksson being poked in Vancouver’s home game against the New York Rangers on Wednesday.

– Det är självklart tufft. Jag tror aldrig jag varit healthy scratched(petad) tidigare, det tär på en.
”It’s tough, of course. I don’t believe I have ever been a healthy scratch before; it eats at you.
”It’s obviously tough. I don’t believe I have been healthy scratched (poked) before; it dries on one.

Men man får köra vidare och jobba på tills man får en chans igen.
But you have to keep going and work hard till you get a chance again.
But you have to drive on and work on until you get a chance again.

"Ligger där jag bör"
”Where I should be”
”Located where I should”

Eriksson har fått mindre och mindre istid sedan han kom till Vancouver och har gått från att vara
Eriksson has been getting less and less ice time since he arrived in Vancouver and has gone from being the
Eriksson has received less and less ice age since coming to Vancouver and has gone from being the

bröderna Sedins radarpartner till att i år spela i en mer undangömd roll.
Sedin brothers’ radar partner to this year playing in a more quiet role.
Brothers Sedin’s radar partner to playing in a more hidden role this year.

– Det har självklart ingen kul situation som det varit i år.
”It has obviously not been a great situation this year.
”It obviously has no fun situation as it has been this year.

Det har varit tufft, fått spela i tredje-, fjärdekedjan och med tanke på det tycker jag att jag ligger där jag bör poängmässigt.
It has been tough, playing on the third, fourth, line and taking that into consideration I think I’m where I should be pointswise.”
It has been tough, got to play in the third, fourth chain and with that in mind I think I lie where I should score point.

10 mål och 22 poäng på 70 matcher är något som general managern, Jim Benning, inte ser som godkänt.
10 goals and 22 points in 70 games is something the general manager, Jim Benning, does not consider a passing grade.
10 goals and 22 points on 70 matches is something that general manager, Jim Benning, does not see as approved.

– När vi signade honom väntade vi oss att han skulle göra runt 20 mål per säsong.
”When we signed him we expected him to score somewhere around 20 goals per season.
”When we signed him we waited for him to make ….

Det har han inte gjort och det har varit en besvikelse, sa Benning tidigare i veckan.
He hasn’t and that has been a disappointment, Benning said earlier this week.

"Annan situation här nu"
”A different situation here now”

Svenskens istid har på två säsonger dalat från ett genomsnitt på nästan 19 minuter per match till 14 minuter.
The Swede’s ice time has in two seasons dropped from an average of close to 19 minutes per game to 14 minutes.

Även spelet i powerplay har sjunkit.
The powerplay time has dropped as well.

Eriksson utvecklar sitt resonemang kring petningen så här:
Eriksson expands on his reasoning like this:

– I andra lag har jag haft en ganska framträdande roll, spelat mycket i alla situationer och varit delaktig i det offensiva.
”On other teams I have had a rather prominent role, played in all situations and participated on the offense.

Det är en annan situation i laget nu, framför allt i år, men också under förra året.
It is a different situation on the team now, especially this year, but also last year.

Det är inte så att man inte går ut och försöker göra sitt bästa i den rollen man har,
It’s not like you don’t get out there and do the best you can in the role you’ve been given,

man spelar hockey för att det är kul och man gör sitt bästa när man är där ute.
you play hockey because it is fun and you give it your best when you’re out there

I natt var Loui Eriksson tillbaka i Vancouvers laguppställningen och fick en mer framträdande roll,
Tonight Loui Eriksson was back in Vancouver’s line up and was handed a more prominent role,

tillsammmans med Bo Horvat och Nikolai Goldobin.
alongside Bo Horvat and Nikolai Goldobin.

– Det var inget svårt beslut ta med honom igen, (Antoine) Roussel är borta(skadad).
”It was not a tough decision to add him again, (Antoine) Roussel is gone (injured).

När du tar in en petad spelare i laget igenom vill du ha respons. Jag har satt Loui och Goldi(Goldobin) med en av vår bästa
When you bring back a benched player on the team you want a response. I have placed Loui and Goldi (Goldobin) with one of our best

- om inte den bästa - centern för att på respons från båda.
- If not the best - centre to get a response from both of them.”

Med 12 matcher kvar av säsongen säger Loui Eriksson att det viktigaste är att laget vinner matcherna.
With 12 games left of the season Loui Eriksson says that what’s most important is that the team wins the games.

– Vinna är de viktigaste man kan göra och självklart spela bra i den rollen jag får.
”Winning is the most important thing you can do and of course play well in the role that I’m given.”
Last edited by Per on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thanks, Per, that was awesome!!!
I was quite surprised to see the perfect attendance withheld. Even a nasty sort like me wouldn't have done that..
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Eriksson is done as a top 6 forward. The guy is 34 and slower than molasses. Put a fork in him
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 am Eriksson is done as a top 6 forward. The guy is 34 and slower than molasses. Put a fork in him

That article sounds like Loui is passive agressively whining.

$6million is a bargain for a top 6 forward who scores 20. It is way too much for a below average 4th liner. Manage your expectations Loui. Tanner Pearson is a bargain compared to Eriksson.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Carlyee wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:36 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 am Eriksson is done as a top 6 forward. The guy is 34 and slower than molasses. Put a fork in him

That article sounds like Loui is passive agressively whining.

$6million is a bargain for a top 6 forward who scores 20. It is way too much for a below average 4th liner. Manage your expectations Loui. Tanner Pearson is a bargain compared to Eriksson.
I read it more as just aggressive whining. :lol:
micky107 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:47 am
DonCherry4PM wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:33 am No gameday thread, Mick?

All ready dealt with sarcasm in the "Draft" thread.
I know it is rare, but I wasn't actually being sarcastic.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A snipette on the TREE;https://www.instagram.com/p/BpopJZtAo3X ... atch_again

Don't get excited. Guy doesn't seem unhappy/dote...https://www.instagram.com/anastasiia_sh ... e=ig_embed
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Looks like we need to get the Mrs. a modelling job here in Vancouver. And a job teaching kids to skate. Should be easy enough.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is there a 37 year old washed up Sundin type with only one good knee we can offer a 2 year $20 million contract too? You loved giving that lemon at that age that kind of dough.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:17 am A snipette on the TREE;https://www.instagram.com/p/BpopJZtAo3X ... atch_again
Wootie, Tryamkin naturally finding his inner Chara over there. Our coaching staff doesn't have to show him videos of Chara/Pronger now, just show him that. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tanev officially declines Team Canada invitation. Stetcher has been called but on hold depending upon outcome of first round. Demko in same position for team USA.