Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:54 pm
Hank wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:52 pm We back, baby. We back.
Can't believe Blake Price was against this?? he wanted the flying V of all fucking things.
I totally voted for the Flying V. If only we could have voted it on that nasty orange base colour. Ugliest jersey in pro sports. EVER.

Would have been epic (and funny as hell-especially drunk af) to see those bad boys out on the ice. I would have totally flown out for a game in those!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

What would we do without you?!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:22 pm
What would we do without you?!
Rely on Aaron18p's sweaters.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Nothing better than my avatar. Just add a puck to the stick and rink and bingo bongo bamo they’re done. It fits like a hoop round a barrel. Jumping gee willikers, it’s perfect.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:49 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 pm Let’s just get one thing straight here....Reefer is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
Fuck your don’t even have enough shit in your head to figure out how to make a sandwich
Thank you RD for not responding to the above comment with "Reefer is a shithead"

It makes my job as a moderator that much easier...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

An interview with Jacob Markström today in Expressen (my translation):

”Had a shock when I first arrived”
Published 29 aug 2018 at 08.17
Pettersson and Dahlén praised ahead of their NHL debut
It’s a new era in the Vancouver Canucks. Gone are the Sedin brothers – in come rookies like Jonathan Dahlén and Elias Pettersson. Goaltender Jacob Markström knows what awaits the kids.
“I had a shock when I first arrived, how much media there is and how much people care about hockey,” Jacob tells us.

Last time the Vancouver Canucks held a training camp without the Sedin brothers was in 1999. Elias Pettersson hadn’t even turned one year old yet. Now it’s the dawn of a new era on the Canadian west coast. After 17 seasons as fan favourites, Henrik and Daniel Sedin will now just be supporters in the stands. Striding onto the ice instead are last season’s great hero in the SHL, Elias Pettersson, and Jonathan Dahlén, who helped take Timrå back to the SHL.

”The hype regarding Elias is huge”
Still remaining is starting goaltender Jacob Markström, who knows what awaits in a city that loves hockey and its coveted Canucks. A team that despite all the stars that have passed through - and the fantastic shows put on by the Sedins - still hasn’t won the Stanley Cup, even though it has reached the final three times.

“The hype in Vancouver regarding Elias’s arrival is huge,” says Jacob.
The expectations on an NHL rookie that beat Peter Forsberg’s rookie record in Sweden are of course great. What should Elias keep in mind?
“He needs to have tunnel vision. Like a race horse with blinders. Just look straight ahead. The new players arriving in Vancouver know how to play hockey.”

”I get chills just talking about it”
But Jacob admits the amount of pressure on the Canuck players is tremendous.
“I had a shock when I first arrived, how much media there is and how much people care about hockey,” he says.

And it’s never been more palatable than during the Sedin’s farewell last season.
“It was absolutely amazing. I get chills just talking about it. The last home game and the last road game, what a reception they received.”

What have the Sedins meant for you?
"It doesn’t matter if you have played 1000 games or no NHL game at all. They take care of all the players. They treat everyone the same. They work harder than anyone else in the gym and harder than anyone else on the ice.”

How will you manage without them?
“It will be interesting. They’ve been on the team for such a long time and have had such successful careers. Now there are open slots on the roster to compete over, ice time to compete over, power play time to compete over. We need some players to step up…”

How good can you get this winter?
“We know how we want to play, fast hockey, we will skate a lot and be tough to face – if everyone pulls in the same direction it could turn out pretty well.”

Two Swedish World Champion goaltenders
28 year old Jacob Markström is the designated starting goaltender on the Vancouver Canucks. The backup is Anders Nilsson. Two Swedish goaltenders who have both won world championship gold on the “Swedish” Canucks, where the goaltenders and the rookies also are accompanied by Alexander Edler and Loui Eriksson.

You had a rough autumn yourself last season but was one of the best goalies in the league after Christmas – what are your expectations for this season?
“I’ve never played as many games as I did last season (60). The longer the season lasted, the more comfortable I felt in that role.It wasn’t a good season, I can’t be happy with where we ended in the standings, but it felt good to experience that I can play at a high level, to know it’s there. Now I just need to bring that level even more.”

Some goaltenders have told that they feel bad from all the criticism, have you felt that way?
“There have of course been times when I have felt like I can’t stop the puck at all, when it’s all hell and I just want to go home. But it’s been years since I felt like that. I just have to get to practice and practice as hard as I can.”

Do you think that goaltenders have to take too much shit at times?
“It’s pretty easy to point your finger at a goalie; it’s easy to see when a goalie makes a mistake. If forwards screw up, it’s not as visible. But I’ve chosen to play this position, and sometimes we get too much cred as well.”

Magnus Nyström
Last edited by Per on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Thanks again, Per. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:29 am Thanks again, Per. :)
I second
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Good read, Per!! thanks!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bo knew Holly would say yes.

Congratulations to Bo and Holly on their engagement. in a few years we may have some little Bo's floating around.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Sounds like Pettersson likes his Fort Nite. He should get along with Joulevi & Jake just fine. :P

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1167620
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:23 pm Sounds like Pettersson likes his Fort Nite. He should get along with Joulevi & Jake just fine. :P

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1167620
Thanks, Todd.

Sounds older and wiser than I expected.
Doesn't seem like anyone's gonna fuck mess around with this guy's head.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:17 pm Bo knew Holly would say yes.

Congratulations to Bo and Holly on their engagement. in a few years we may have some little Bo's floating around.
BoHoHo?