Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Trevor was a hand puppet president. He was a name and a face and not much else

If a guy like Lombardi or Holland came here they would have a fuck of a lot more clout than Trevor had in Vancouver
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:25 am Trevor was a hand puppet president. He was a name and a face and not much else

If a guy like Lombardi or Holland came here they would have a fuck of a lot more clout than Trevor had in Vancouver
:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If Ifs and Butts were candies and nuts
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pettersson on what he learned, "It the NHL, it's where I dream of playing. The schedule is so tight, you have to take care of your body between every game. That was the biggest adjustment for me b/c in Sweden we had a lot more time between games." #Canucks
10:29 AM - 8 Apr 2019
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1vAxRWnZBDqKl

really sorry. this is the live press conference.It's almost over I'll see if i can find the whole thing later.

Actually, just mess around with it, it's all there; maybe a youtube in a few hours
Last edited by Mickey107 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Some of the players, (most) but it's not complete. See if I can get the rest later, maybe thru twitter...
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/news- ... c-67577603

the last of it;
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/news- ... c-67580103
Last edited by Mickey107 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Loui not liking his deployment.
March15 to Swedish media -
Eriksson has received less and less ice age since coming to Vancouver and has gone from being the brothers Sedin's partner to playing in a more hidden role this year.

It obviously not a fun situation as it has been this year. It has been tough, having to play on the third, fourth line ...

In other teams, I have had a rather prominent role, played a lot in all situations and been involved in the offensive. This is another situation in the team now, especially this year, but also last year. It is not that you do not go out and try to do their best in the role you have, you play hockey because it is fun and you do their best when you are out there.

https://hockeynews.se/articles/7650/
And today Loui Eriksson re-iterated his stance on his role on the team.
"My role changed a lot this season and I just tried to do the best I could in the situations I was in.
It's a good group here and it's fun to watch these young guys come up and play as well as they did." - Eriksson
When a calm, quiet guy is saying these things it's Antonio Brown levels Swedish style frustration.

Side note, Canucks iirc are 11-0 when Loui scores, undefeated.

I think he's frustrated, managements frustrated, coach Green doesn't give AF, to me that signals a NTC waiving.

I'd say Eriksson playing with coach Julien would do wonders for him.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:32 pm I think he's frustrated, managements frustrated, coach Green doesn't give AF, to me that signals a NTC waiving.
If Green put Loui with Beagle and Motte for large stretches of the season to force him into waiving, that's, well, impressive? Put him with Horvat for the last 10 and tell partners -- that's the real Loui....
Hono_rary Canadian
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Loui Eriksson värvades till Vancouver för att vara en framträdande spelare och i år är han lagets bäst betalda. Utvecklingen på den kanadensiska västkusten har varken blivit som svensken eller Vancouver velat. Det bidrog till att Eriksson var petad i Vancouvers hemmamatch mot New York Rangers i onsdags.

– Det är självklart tufft. Jag tror aldrig jag varit healthy scratched(petad) tidigare, det tär på en. Men man får köra vidare och jobba på tills man får en chans igen.

"Ligger där jag bör"

Eriksson har fått mindre och mindre istid sedan han kom till Vancouver och har gått från att vara bröderna Sedins radarpartner till att i år spela i en mer undangömd roll.

– Det har självklart ingen kul situation som det varit i år. Det har varit tufft, fått spela i tredje-, fjärdekedjan och med tanke på det tycker jag att jag ligger där jag bör poängmässigt.

10 mål och 22 poäng på 70 matcher är något som general managern, Jim Benning, inte ser som godkänt.

– När vi signade honom väntade vi oss att han skulle göra runt 20 mål per säsong. Det har han inte gjort och det har varit en besvikelse, sa Benning tidigare i veckan.

"Annan situation här nu"

Svenskens istid har på två säsonger dalat från ett genomsnitt på nästan 19 minuter per match till 14 minuter. Även spelet i powerplay har sjunkit.

Eriksson utvecklar sitt resonemang kring petningen så här:

– I andra lag har jag haft en ganska framträdande roll, spelat mycket i alla situationer och varit delaktig i det offensiva. Det är en annan situation i laget nu, framför allt i år, men också under förra året. Det är inte så att man inte går ut och försöker göra sitt bästa i den rollen man har, man spelar hockey för att det är kul och man gör sitt bästa när man är där ute.

I natt var Loui Eriksson tillbaka i Vancouvers laguppställningen och fick en mer framträdande roll, tillsammmans med Bo Horvat och Nikolai Goldobin.

– Det var inget svårt beslut ta med honom igen, (Antoine) Roussel är borta(skadad). När du tar in en petad spelare i laget igenom vill du ha respons. Jag har satt Loui och Goldi(Goldobin) med en av vår bästa; om inte den bästa, centern för att på respons från båda.

Med 12 matcher kvar av säsongen säger Loui Eriksson att det viktigaste är att laget vinner matcherna.

– Vinna är de viktigaste man kan göra och självklart spela bra i den rollen jag får.
That is for Per.....

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

C'mon Per; Your spending so much time im the Bar, ur gonna be drunk by the time you get to this. I wanna know how good
a PC translation is. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:00 pm C'mon Per; Your spending so much time im the Bar, ur gonna be drunk by the time you get to this. I wanna know how good
12:11 a.m in Sweden right now...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 pm
micky107 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:00 pm C'mon Per; Your spending so much time im the Bar, ur gonna be drunk by the time you get to this. I wanna know how good
12:11 a.m in Sweden right now...
Bars close at 2:00 so there is a possibility that he is drinking...... (see I can use dots too)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

In Sweden the bars close at 11:00. You're using too many dots Reef...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Take care... of the dots... and don’t overuse them...

- dotster...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!