Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Mickey107 »

After the Canes game the Canucks have a hell of a long break. I think, other than Olympics, one of the lengthiest I've seen.
This town has an optimistic feel to it right now and I most certainly don't desire to be casting gloomy shadows or foreboding predictions,
BUT; I've seen beer league teams come out looking more prepared in the first period then our beloved Canucks the last two games.
Games we have ended up winning! Lucky? Well, I have to say, kinda. Couldn't have done it without the solid goaltending, mm?

So; What to do with the extra time?
:) Take a break, boys. Rest up and have fun.
or
:evil: We are gonna work our asses off and get ready for a serious playoff push. Drills, drills, skating, passing, shooting, DEFENSIVE play,
line changing, fighting, teaching Rousell to keep his stick down, sorry.

I vote option 2. We better be ready to rock come Feb 2nd or this thing will be over quick.
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

This will be the most interesting post-All Star Break stretch for this team in years.

Hope Benning tinkers rather than goes for any radical pitch. If he goes for a big trade, my fear is he'll either buy big and take the team's rebuild out of the oven before it's fully-baked, or he'll sell big and we'll watch the team hang up for the rest of the season.

I'd rather they win a bunch of games with the team they have, and still come short because a team like Dallas or Edmonton mortgaged themselves at the TDD, went on a streak to snag the last wildcard spot - and then get destroyed in the first round. :twisted:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If JB picks up a piece or 2 for cheap I am fine with that, but if he starts moving 1st round picks or prospects for 30 something guys then we have problems.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 am If JB picks up a piece or 2 for cheap I am fine with that, but if he starts moving 1st round picks or prospects for 30 something guys then we have problems.
What gives you any inclination that he would trade a 1st or prospects for 30 other players?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 am
Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 am If JB picks up a piece or 2 for cheap I am fine with that, but if he starts moving 1st round picks or prospects for 30 something guys then we have problems.
What gives you any inclination that he would trade a 1st or prospects for 30 other players?
I said IF he did then there is a problem. When there is talk about being buyers, what does that mean and what would he give up when we are not finished the rebuild just because he wants to win a couple games in the playoffs.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Lancer wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:19 am This will be the most interesting post-All Star Break stretch for this team in years.

Hope Benning tinkers rather than goes for any radical pitch. If he goes for a big trade, my fear is he'll either buy big and take the team's rebuild out of the oven before it's fully-baked, or he'll sell big and we'll watch the team hang up for the rest of the season.

I'd rather they win a bunch of games with the team they have, and still come short because a team like Dallas or Edmonton mortgaged themselves at the TDD, went on a streak to snag the last wildcard spot - and then get destroyed in the first round. :twisted:
I’m OK with big so long as it brings back a piece that will be here and be productive for at least 4-5 years.

And so long as none of Horvat, Petey, Hughes, Demko, Boeser, and maybe Vietnamese, are not included in any such “big move”, then pull the trigger.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 am
I said IF he did then there is a problem. When there is talk about being buyers, what does that mean and what would he give up when we are not finished the rebuild just because he wants to win a couple games in the playoffs.
Where would the 30 something guys play? How many can Vancouver and Utica handle. One guy is already farmed out to the Marlies.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 am
Where would the 30 something guys play? How many can Vancouver and Utica handle. One guy is already farmed out to the Marlies.
1 or 2 maybe but 30 that’s crazy
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 am
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 am
Topper wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 am
everyone is a comedian.

Enterprise

Klingons

Uranus

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that is comedy.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:12 pm Enterprise

Klingons

Uranus

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that is comedy.
I'm starting to hear the high-pitched angst-ridden plea of the jester about to be informed of his fate.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reef's kid came home from 2nd grade with a joke.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jake Virtanen needs a brain transplant. The kid has to start realizing “it’s not a country club and you are not a protected member”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:30 am Jake Virtanen needs a brain transplant. The kid has to start realizing “it’s not a country club and you are not a protected member”
Spin new tunes every day!
Give your advise to Trav.
His pressers sound like a country club.
DO as I say or I will make you feel the fool in front of your team mates again and again and again : : : : L :
Read the ice time! He's been cutting him back every game.
Just when I was agreeing with most of what you bin a postin :cry:
Take your images of goldy, schaller, motte, Lievo, blah, blah blah
Your bringing up false accusations of jake as though it were 3 years ago-------------why?
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:30 am Jake Virtanen needs a brain transplant. The kid has to start realizing “it’s not a country club and you are not a protected member”
Spin new tunes every day!
Give your advise to Trav.
His pressers sound like a country club.
DO as I say or I will make you feel the fool in front of your team mates again and again and again : : : : L :
Read the ice time! He's been cutting him back every game.
Just when I was agreeing with most of what you bin a postin :cry:
Take your images of goldy, schaller, motte, Lievo, blah, blah blah
Your bringing up false accusations of jake as though it were 3 years ago-------------why?
Jake has the potential to be a lot better, the other guys fill a different role. If Jake hustled like motte, he’d be a monster.