2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will the Canucks draft first on Friday...

Poll ended at Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:57 am

Noah Dobson
33%
Evan Bouchard
18%
Quinn Hughes
10%
Oliver Whalstrom
10%
Brady Tchacuk
10%
Filip Zadina
5%
Ty Smith
No votes
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
No votes
Other
13%

Total votes: 39

DHA
CC Veteran

2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Post by DHA »

Of course part of this is understanding what the 1-6 picks will do and if JB decides to trade down. Once you pick your guy list the second pick the Canucks take... let's see if anyone can nail the first two picks. I will post the winner(s) on Friday.
DHA
CC Veteran

Re: 2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Post by DHA »

I'm taking Bouchard as my first pick, I think he will be available and believe JB would be excited to see if he could make the team out of training camp.

My Second pick is going to be Adam Ginning (SHL) D-Man, - Big physical defender whose skating, footwork, and pivots improved dramatically over the season. As a defender, he initiates contact, making big hits and rubs out attackers with regularity. Plays big minutes against the better opponents and on the penalty kill. His pivots have shown improvements and he gets on the back pedal tightening his gaps. After transition in his own end, he uses his partner for d-to-d pass and clears his zone effectively with solid outlet passes. Really long-armed and has soft hands with passes and receptions as he moves up ice. Effective and creative with cross ice feeds, jumps up driving the play into the attack zone. This big man reads the offensive end as smart as anyone. Arguably, was the best Swedish player in the Five Nations Tourney. There is long term potential in his selection because he is a player who showed tonnes of improvement in his footwork, and over all agility. He is taking steps in his confidence and involvement in the offensive zone. Upside is there to continue improving past being thought of as a big physical defender with a huge wingspan who handles the puck well.
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Damn I left Boqvist off... Just pick him in you post..
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I thinking we'll end up with Dobson (as voted)- but since we need D so bad, the ones we're expecting will get picked, so we'll end up with Tkachuk.

Doublful we'll see any trades to move up or down.

Edited for DHA, now that I re-read his post. ;)

For our 2nd pick, we'll take Kevin Bahl so he'll be in place when the Tree returns for a towering duo.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:14 pm I thinking we'll end up with Dobson (as voted)- but since we need D so bad, the ones we're expecting will get picked, so we'll end up with Tkachuk.

Doublful we'll see any trades to move up or down.
Dobson is your first pick, who do you think the Canucks 2nd pick will be?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Dobson.

Canucks can work on his skating - we hear this so much about a lot of players and they improve once they are on the big team.

No idea on 2nd pick except I think it will be BPA 8-)
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Tkachuk gonna fall to us, but Dobson won't, so Tkachuk.

Second pick will be that yappy BCJHL kid Tystominiskivich. I might have misspelt his name???
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Its so hard to predict who's going to be available at 7, but I went with Walhstrom for the first pick.

I think he'll take a D with his 2nd pick, and there are a lot of North American D currently ranked as late-1sts, so I'm gonna go with K'Andre Miller (which is really just a shot in the dark).
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

I am hoping for Boqvist, but the last few years have shown that JB and i seldom see things the same way.

For #37 I'm going to guess that ownership weighs in again and insists on Jett Woo for the marketing boost.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:16 pm Dobson.

Canucks can work on his skating - we hear this so much about a lot of players and they improve once they are on the big team.

No idea on 2nd pick except I think it will be BPA 8-)
Dobson is a good skater, do you mean Bouchard?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tkachuk

Alexeyev
____
Try to focus on someday.
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:09 pm I am hoping for Boqvist, but the last few years have shown that JB and i seldom see things the same way.

For #37 I'm going to guess that ownership weighs in again and insists on Jett Woo for the marketing boost.
I like Jett Woo as a player, was predicted first round for quite some time, his second year in Dub didn’t live up to the hype.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If hes available i think they take Boqvist but i have a feeling hes picked by 7 and so is Dobson leaving hughes and Bouchard for dmen.

If thats the case i think Wahlstrom. He has the highest potential up front to my very untrained eye

The 2nd i have no idea
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:03 pm The 2nd i have no idea
Come on, choose some random guy... you could win big! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry