2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will the Canucks draft first on Friday...

Poll ended at Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:57 am

Noah Dobson
33%
Evan Bouchard
18%
Quinn Hughes
10%
Oliver Whalstrom
10%
Brady Tchacuk
10%
Filip Zadina
5%
Ty Smith
No votes
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
No votes
Other
13%

Total votes: 39

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Post by Mickey107 »

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=187519

I don't see it. I watched the tournament too.
I've watched every highlight package on him and all the other available defense men.
At 3:50 pm yesterday, when I left to go watch with some friends, Hughes had 0 votes on this thread.

I thought JB looked and sounded shaky and not very healthy.

Bouchard will do very well in Edmonton and that will bother me, no end.

Hey; Pay me to say shit on TV or the radio and I'll say some one is comparable to Bobby Orr too. LOL LOL.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:19 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:52 am Micky i was down on this kids size bad but watch some video man. There are very very few 17 yr olds who can control a game like this kid can. Hes not just a good skater, hes going to be one of the best skaters in the league. He runs a powerplay and distributes pucks like chris letang. There are comparisons to Bobby Orrs wheels as well.
I predict he makes the team in 3 months and makes some noise as a rookie...instead of adding a future top 4 guy they added a future superstar dman.
I thought it was gonna be Dobson, mainly cause i figured Detroit would take Hughes. Hughes is a great pick, while Dobson and Bouchard looked good playing against kids, Hughes has dominated NCAA (pretty much a men’s league). He’s got the ability to be a number 1 guy, smart active and long stick, and can pivot and move like few others in the league.
Oh ya this picks a damn good one. I laughed when i read that the joke in dallas is that Hughes is already vancouvers #1 defenseman. Funny but true.

I made wuite a few derogatory remarks about him leading up to the draft but once the pick was made and i had a chance to watch some tape of him...particularly the world championships agaisnt NHLers, i was very suprised to see how unreal he is. He likens his game to Duncan Keith and i would say he ends up peaking somewhere around that comparable....or Letang.
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 am http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=187519

I've watched every highlight package on him and all the other available defense men.
At 3:50 pm yesterday, when I left to go watch with some friends, Hughes had 0 votes on this thread.

Hey; Pay me to say shit on TV or the radio and I'll say some one is comparable to Bobby Orr too. LOL LOL.
Bouchard doesn’t have the wheels for Edmonton, or maybe he does seeing as they’re a slow plodding team except for McDavid. Talking heads claiming his skating isn’t an issue are off they’re rocker, he pivots in slow motion and gets turnstyled by juniors he’s gonna have a rough transition to nhl caliber speed. Plus he’s gotta be the sicklyist looking kid at the draft.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jett Woo!!

Yes love this pick
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Drafting Hughes and Woo go a long way to helping our D prospect pool. Woo is a very gritty player and loves to hit

Love this puck
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jett FUCKIN Woo man! I bet reef likes this pick :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Woo is built like Blob McKenzie as wide as he is tall

6’ - 200 lbs

A good ying for the yang of Hughes

This will be our Duncan Keith Brent Seabrook pairing for years to come
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:52 am Micky i was down on this kids size bad but watch some video man. There are very very few 17 yr olds who can control a game like this kid can. Hes not just a good skater....
Hughes is 18. If the Canucks had wanted a 17 year-old who could do that, they needed to draft Boqvist.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:22 am Jett Woo!!

Yes love this pick
Please remind us of anything Benning has done that you have not loved.

If he doesn't work out, though, I will have a much easier time being persuaded that it was ownership's choice (thereby absolving JB) than Virtanen. And this one time, I guess i don't blame them (that much). If this young many manages to play at all, he will be a significant marketing boon.

I think I called the pick first in this thread. Is there some sort of booby prize ?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Great pick, he’s playing in my neck of the woods, got to watch him, tenacious, very mobile. I think he’ll have a big uptick in points next year as well as his role is gonna change. Plus it’s another elite name.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This pick reminds me of the Prab Rai pick
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

2nd round started already??? Can’t see any results online.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:19 am
micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 am http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=187519

Bouchard doesn’t have the wheels for Edmonton, or maybe he does seeing as they’re a slow plodding team except for McDavid. Talking heads claiming his skating isn’t an issue are off they’re rocker, he pivots in slow motion and gets turnstyled by juniors he’s gonna have a rough transition to nhl caliber speed. Plus he’s gotta be the sicklyist looking kid at the draft.
I am seriously laughing at your post.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Right Shot D-man, excellent skater. Built like Horvat, big time hitter. Can contribute offensively, high compete level. Love the pick

A ton of Swedes getting drafted in this class

Talk about a fall from grace for Jack Wise
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:51 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:19 am

I am seriously laughing at your post.
Why you laughing? Everything he said about Bouchards mobility is true

The Canucks have just selected two excellent skating D-men while the Oilers continue to struggle to find players who can skate with McDavid