Nel blu dipinto di blu

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Nel blu dipinto di blu

Post by Per »

So, what about goalies?

Markström, 28 years, 198 cm
Nilsson, 28 years, 198 cm
Demko, 22 years, 193 cm
Bachman, 30 years, 178 cm
DiPietro, 18 years, 183 cm

Who else?

I assume we might see a Markström/Demko combo next season.

But what about the others? What about Utica?
Will we see any trades?

Swedish Rumours are placing Bachman in Timrå. Maybe a recommendation from Jonathan Dahlén? :lol:

Russian rumours are placing Nilsson in SKA St Petersburg.
Their Finnish starter, Koskinen, is headed for Edmonton, and I guess Nilsson looked mighty good at the recent World Championships.
Also, during the year he spent with Ak-Bars Kazan, he was named KHL goalie of the week four times, and had the best GAA and most shutouts of any goalie in the playoffs, even though they were a semi final elimination.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Nel blu dipinto di blu

Post by Per »

Oh, the name of the topic?

The actual Italian name of the song more commonly known as Volare means "in the blue painted blue".
And that's where the goalies spend most of their time.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Nilsson and Markstrom are draft position enhancing players for the canucks. All part of the stealth tank and a big part of why I'm starting to recognize JB as a lower tier genius.

Both of them suck and are almost guaranteed to raise a teams draft position by 3 or 4 places
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Per wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 am Oh, the name of the topic?

The actual Italian name of the song more commonly known as Volare means "in the blue painted blue".
And that's where the goalies spend most of their time.
It also means "close to getting deleting when a mod hasn't had his coffee"...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Is the expansion draft for Seattle next summer? If so, keep both Markstrom and Nielson to expose 1 in that draft. Thus keeping Demko protected. I am okay with trading Demko as part of a package for a top 6 forward or top pairing D man though.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I think the expansion draft won't happen until the summer after next at the earliest, so the summer of 2020, assuming Seattle gets their ducks in order and they are awarded a franchise.

Nilsson is only signed for next year, so he may be out of the picture by then. So in 2020 maybe Markstrom is exposed if Demko looks like a starter in the next two years, but lots can happen between then and now.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I think Markstrom can be safely exposed with very little risk of him being selected.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:10 am Is the expansion draft for Seattle next summer? If so, keep both Markstrom and Nielson to expose 1 in that draft. Thus keeping Demko protected. I am okay with trading Demko as part of a package for a top 6 forward or top pairing D man though.
I must be misreading. I'm not really understanding your post.

Anyways: Let's try and trade Nilsson right freaking as soon as the cup is won. Why? He just won a medal and to some GMs, (stupid ones),
might give more than we think.

Hey Per; When I first saw this thread, I thought it was one of those ad swarms. :lol:
On a bitter note: I hate talking about players in the duh, metric system. :evil:

Just something else I have "Nice Hair Though"s Dad to thank for :twisted: :twisted:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck Micky now i know where u came up with that handle. Twixer or 40 would've worked too
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:16 am Nel blu dipinto di blu
____
Try to focus on someday.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

We tried to keep going with stone, furlongs, and fortnights Mick, but nobody was old enough to remember clearly what they meant.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Puck wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:18 pm We tried to keep going with stone, furlongs, and fortnights Mick, but nobody was old enough to remember clearly what they meant.
Ah yes, back in the day when tenders used to barely clear 0.0085 furlongs! :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya, like I'm doin a quarter, tires chirp at 80 shifting from 2 to 3.
People say big deal. :look: and I say OK then.
Man it's cold around here for June. Cranked the thermostat up to 70.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

theman wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:10 am Is the expansion draft for Seattle next summer? If so, keep both Markstrom and Nielson to expose 1 in that draft. Thus keeping Demko protected. I am okay with trading Demko as part of a package for a top 6 forward or top pairing D man though.
If it's next summer Thatcher will be a RFA and therefore not eligible for the expansion draft. Although he could be signed to an offer sheet.

If it's the year after, then see if he will sign a 1 year bridge deal next summer so that he will be a RFA at the time of the expansion draft.

Work out a verbal agreement with him and hope he's a man of his word and doesn't sign anywhere that hurts us until after the draft.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:34 pm If it's next summer Thatcher will be a RFA and therefore not eligible for the expansion draft. Although he could be signed to an offer sheet.

If it's the year after, then see if he will sign a 1 year bridge deal next summer so that he will be a RFA at the time of the expansion draft.

Work out a verbal agreement with him and hope he's a man of his word and doesn't sign anywhere that hurts us until after the draft.
It wouldn't be an "offer sheet"... if Demko is not protected Seattle could just sign him period.

"If it's the year after" (it will be) Markstrom will be a pending UFA.

Not sure why you'd want to go through all these shenanigans... are you worried about losing Marx? :?

Just protect Demko, Dipietro will be ineligible...
____
Try to focus on someday.