Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Playoffs

Post by rats19 »

Lotta lotta rat talk going on...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:15 pm Yeahno, we're Canuck fans and we have no reason to doubt Juolevi and Virtanen will become big non-rat stars...
Doc in his favourite only pair of shades...

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:15 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:00 am
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:45 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:06 pm You’re right I didn’t like the antics of the rats and I called them out on it. They put a bullseye on the rest of the team and the organization. Tkachuk is a rat and I don’t like some of the things he does. But he’s a helluva young player. I sucked it up with Kesler and Burrows for a few years because they produced. I never warmed up to Lapierre or Cooke.
You "sucked it up" with Kess/Burr because they were Canucks.

Why are you "sucking it up" with Tkachuk?

I can't recall you ever putting up with a ratty non-Canuck.

(let alone cheerleading... "70-80 point guy"??)

Again I say: antibenning agenda.
Maybe I’m sucking it up with MT because for once it would be refreshing to hear you or one of your loyal followers say....”hmmm maybe Elmer shouldn’t have chosen Juolevi at 5 or Virtanen at 6”.
Or maybe you just can't handle a rebuild... you rat-lover. :mex:

Yeahno, we're Canuck fans and we have no reason to doubt Juolevi and Virtanen will become big non-rat stars...
One question for you to see if you aren’t a troll: Has Benning made any mistakes during his tenure?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:33 pm Doc in his favourite only pair of shades...
Also, Tryamkin will be back in 1-2 years and will be a top-pairing guy...

____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Well at least Nylander hasn't had a superb playoffs the past two years and Ehlers was totally invisible plus was held goalless in the Jets long trip to the semi's.

I'd really love to see Virtanen in the playoffs, his dodge ram style power to the net capabilities should be an effective threat to help the team in the fast and gritty playoffs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:40 pm
ESQ wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:12 pm LOL his eye was swollen right after the fight.
LOL got any proof of that?
He has 20 more goals and 43 more assists. Are assists and points not important?
Sure, but 13 of those goals and 17 of those assists came on the PP. Where he gets 3 min/gp to Jake's 17 seconds.

Take out the PP time (which Jake doesn't get so can't really compare), he's got 7 more goals and 26 more assists in 4 more gp. Sure its better, but its not like Tkachuk is the second-coming.
Lol you wouldn’t want that rat on your team. You were okay with Lappy, Burrows and Kesler though?
Burrows - yes, always, he was my favourite Canuck for the way he fought his way up from the ECHL to to becoming a top-10 even-strength goal-scorer.
Kesler - at the time, yes. Lapierre - not really no. But I don't doubt the impact of those 3 on the Canucks reputation, as you have also stated.

And as the whiners at Calpuke point out, the officials are "out to get them" and cost them a playoff spot, so Tkachuk's rattiness may be taking its toll.
So Tkachuk is of equal value to Kassian?
Kassian was traded for a problematic "2nd-line center" in Hodgson.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:17 pm It’s great that Olaf will improve.... but guess what... so will Tkachuk. He is trending to be a 70-80 point top line winger.
Maybe let's wait and see if he can crack 50?
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:00 am Maybe I’m sucking it up with MT because for once it would be refreshing to hear you or one of your loyal followers say....”hmmm maybe Elmer shouldn’t have chosen Juolevi at 5 or Virtanen at 6”.
Surely you can appreciate, there is a HUGE difference between re-doing a draft pick and squirting for Tkachuk (which is what you're doing).

I'd take McAvoy, Keller, or maybe Sergachev ahead of Tkachuk and Olli. But that seems stupid to say, when Olli just turned 20 last week and could still turn into the best of the bunch, but for some reason these kinds of fantasy games are important to you, so there you go.

I'm sorry if I've offended you and your love for Tkachuk. I wish I could say it won't happen again...but I'm afraid I don't really like that player.

Maybe you can just admit, "its too early to write the book on Juolevi"? Or is that still a bridge too far for this particular troll?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 pm I'd really love to see Virtanen in the playoffs, his dodge ram style power to the net capabilities should be an effective threat to help the team in the fast and gritty playoffs.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:33 pm Doc in his favourite only pair of shades...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lol at ESQ. If you can’t see that Tkachuk is MILES better than the Fake this isn’t worth pursuing.

Nobody has written any book on Juolevi but if you actually paid attention maybe indulge me exactly who the d man are that are top 10 picks recently who can’t crack the league at 19-20 who’ve turned into top pairing guys. Pietro is the only one and he didn’t make the Blues in his D 2 year because of concussions. Otherwise he starts the 09-10 season in St Lou.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ESQ wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:37 pm
Maybe let's wait and see if he can crack 50?
Tkachuk played at a 59-point pace last season, and was on a 50-point pace as a rookie... Are we gonna say wait and see if Boeser can crack 30 goals?

ESQ wrote: I'd take McAvoy, Keller, or maybe Sergachev ahead of Tkachuk and Olli. But that seems stupid to say, when Olli just turned 20 last week and could still turn into the best of the bunch, but for some reason these kinds of fantasy games are important to you, so there you go.
People wanted Tkachuk on draft day. It's not like he's surprised anyone and we're kicking ourselves in hindsight. He was considered the BPA and we passed.

But you're right, he could turn into the best of the bunch. Just like Eichel ending up better than McDavid, or Ovechkin winning more cups than Crosby, I don't think we have any reason to believe that will be the case, but it's possible.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:38 pm the Fake

"It's 7:00..."
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:33 pm People wanted Tkachuk on draft day. It's not like he's surprised anyone and we're kicking ourselves in hindsight. He was considered the BPA and we passed.

But you're right, he could turn into the best of the bunch. Just like Eichel ending up better than McDavid, or Ovechkin winning more cups than Crosby, I don't think we have any reason to believe that will be the case, but it's possible.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:38 pm
Nobody has written any book on Juolevi but if you actually paid attention maybe indulge me exactly who the d man are that are top 10 picks recently who can’t crack the league at 19-20 who’ve turned into top pairing guys. Pietro is the only one and he didn’t make the Blues in his D 2 year because of concussions. Otherwise he starts the 09-10 season in St Lou.
That...is actually a very interesting point.

It certainly defies the conventional wisdom that "defensemen take longer".
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Saw him live at the Botanical Garden in Uppsala in July 2015.
He has gained some weight, his voice is not as razor sharp as it was back in the day, but damn can he tickle that ivory!

Ths songs he played that night:
1. Funeral for a friend/Love lies bleeding 2. Bennie and the Jets 3. Candle in the wind 4. All the girls love Alice 5. Levon 6. Tiny dancer 7. Believe 8. Daniel 9. Philadelphia freedom 10. Goodbye yellow brick road 11. Rocket man (I think it’s going to be a long, long time) 12. Hey Ahab 13. I guess that’s why they call it the blues 14. Your song 15. Burn down the mission 16. Sad songs (say so much) 17. Sorry seems to be the hardest word 18. Don’t let the sun go down on me 19. The bitch is back 20. I’m still standing 21. Your sister can’t twist (but she can rock ‘n roll) 22. Saturday night’s alright for fighting 23. Crocodile rock

Apparently he'll play a gig in Gothenburg in May 2019.
Might have to look into that.....

On a similar wtf are the 80's back note, Billy Idol will perform at Furuvik, an amusement park just 20 kms south of Gävle, this summer.... :o
https://furuvik.se/scenochshow/billy-idol/
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

LOL - so fucking Vegas....

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."