Captain my Captian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Captain my Captian

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:26 am One of the major downsides of the twins quitting now.

I think both Horvat and Boeser might be captain material, but it feels way too early to give either of them the C now.
One more season with Hank at the helm would have been great to ease them into it.
Toews was named captain at 20.

McDoofus at 19. He can skate and score, but so far I'm not convinced he can lead anyone anywhere.

Bo is 22. He's ready. Let him experience a few growing pains as the team grows and rebuilds, that way when we start coming up and out of basement and back into playoff contention this will really be his team.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Sure. Crosby and Landeskog were also 19 when named captains.
That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing.

I think it's an honour that should be earned. A captain should have proven himself as a leader on the ice.

I think Horvat could be great captain material, but I would have preferred to have him wait one more year before receiving the C.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:20 am If it's Sutter then I think we have a case of: (wait for it)........................

:shock: "Election Interference" :shock:
Damned Russians! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

If you want a placeholder until Bo is ready, how about Gudbranson?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uhhh Per... Horvat is 23 tomorrow and will be in his 5th year next season. If he isn’t ready by then, he never will be. I’d like to see him play with a bit more bite but I understand guys like Doc and Dude hate that shit.

Fuck it. Loui Eriksson should be the capo
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I say Sutter, let him deal with the shitshow media, or do a rotating captain. Give bo a year or two more of just focusing on his game.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

If Henrik wasn't ready to take it from Naslund in 08/09, Bo isn't ready now.

Sutter, Bo and Edler each wear an 'A' next year, with Sutter, Gagner and Guds taking a bulk of the media duties following a loss.

Of course, all this could change after the Karlsson deal. :mex:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Luongo took it from Naslund, Henrick took it from Luongo.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:46 am I say Sutter, let him deal with the shitshow media, or do a rotating captain. Give bo a year or two more of just focusing on his game.
Sutter with the C and Dowd and Motte with the A’s
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

There are a handful teams playing without a "captain" why not do the same, let the Sedin-less room play out and see who steps up to the plate. El Naturel? Yeah/No?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:31 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:46 am I say Sutter, let him deal with the shitshow media, or do a rotating captain. Give bo a year or two more of just focusing on his game.
Sutter with the C and Dowd and Motte with the A’s
If you keep throwing this many lines in the water, Blob, you're going to foul-hook somebody.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I actually, seriously, don't mind Sutter getting the C.

I think the next captain is going to be thrown under the bus, might as well be a placeholder player becoming the placeholder captain!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

ESQ wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:07 am I actually, seriously, don't mind Sutter getting the C.

I think the next captain is going to be thrown under the bus, might as well be a placeholder player becoming the placeholder captain!
My thoughts exactly.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sekeres just posted:
Former #Canucks GM/President Mike Gillis tells us that when former #leaves captain Mats Sundin retired as a Canuck, he told mgmt that Henrik Sedin should be the club's captain.
I think Henrik could do the same in telling management/coach on his exit interview who he thinks should be next captain.

Horvat is the clear logical choice moving forward, he'll be on every special teams, 5on5, OT, final minute of the game, Bo is in the thick of things - in the trenches, he isn't a scrawny push over like Sutts, Bo is built like a bull and is only getting stronger, dude is primed to be el capitan.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 am There are a handful teams playing without a "captain" why not do the same, let the Sedin-less room play out and see who steps up to the plate. El Naturel? Yeah/No?
Normally that’s probably the best idea. But, on this s(t)inking ship with its local media, nobody in their right mind would step up to get that responsibility.