Captain my Captian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Captain my Captian

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:04 pm We know the kind of hockey Blob likes, we all used to like that kind of hockey, but most of us have realized now that the Ryan Clowe's and Milan Lucic's and Andrew Ladd's and Troy Brouwers and Jamie McGinn's and Brad Richardson's are not TODAY's hockey.
Well there will always be a place for... ASSHOLES... in the physical + psychological game of hockey.

But these days they need to be able to actually play hockey as well...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:04 pm We know the kind of hockey Blob likes, we all used to like that kind of hockey, but most of us have realized now that the Ryan Clowe's and Milan Lucic's and Andrew Ladd's and Troy Brouwers and Jamie McGinn's and Brad Richardson's are not TODAY's hockey.
Neither is Loui Eriksson
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:14 pm Ok, so who will be the next Canuck captian?

Will it be Bo, Gudbranson, Sutter or even Edler?

If not him, then Sutter.
They could make Sutter el capitan, with the reason being 'so Horvat can just concentrate on scoring', kinda like how the Jets has Blake Wheeler as captain with Mark Scheifele, Dustin Byfuglien alternates. https://www.nhl.com/news/blake-wheeler- ... -281483338

Sutter captain with Bo Horvat and Alex Edler as alternates.

I think Bo starting as an alternate for now would be a good step for him as he is still pretty young at 23, when Sutter leaves - then Bo will be ready at 25/26 yrs of age.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning says decision to be announced soon but offered it could mean no permanent captain this season.

I like Sutter for now with Bo and Edler alternatives
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If they aren’t going to give it to Horvat, the smart thing to do would be to go with 3 As.

If they’re going to give the C to Sutter they may as well give the A’s to Eriksson and Gagner

I laugh at people who think Horvat is just too young to wear the C. I’m not sure if he should be captain or not but it’s got fuck all to do with his age.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I had a funny feeling Blob wouldn't be getting on board with "Captain Sutter". :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:30 pm .
I had a funny feeling Blob wouldn't be getting on board with "Captain Sutter". :lol:
I wouldn’t have a huge problem if he wore an A
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fair point Blob, Bo Horvat exudes Captain material, he'd be one of the younger ones, but some of the greats in the NHL have started being captain at a young age.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2987011/conn ... l-captain/

Everyone knows Bo will be a Canucks captain, it'll be interesting if they decide to give it to him right now.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:26 pm Fair point Blob, Bo Horvat exudes Captain material, he'd be one of the younger ones, but some of the greats in the NHL have started being captain at a young age.

Everyone knows Bo will be a Canucks captain, it'll be interesting if they decide to give it to him right now.
They should, everything is about marketing now so they will wait until opening night.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:36 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:26 pm Fair point Blob, Bo Horvat exudes Captain material, he'd be one of the younger ones, but some of the greats in the NHL have started being captain at a young age.

They should, everything is about marketing now so they will wait until opening night.
Oh God, I hope I don't vomit too much.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hey, well, no pressure there, right?
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

micky107 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:36 pm

Hey, well, no pressure there, right?
What pressure?

How else do you expect them to do it?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The captaincy is not as much about marketing as it is about team leadership and knowledge of the game, (in order to gain respect with officials).
A little "marketing" as you say is alright but not necessary.
Just let him show up wearing it.
I think that would be awesome.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:47 pm]
Oh God, I hope I don't vomit too much.
No doubt. All the theatrics with todays pro sports cant get any cheesier
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:44 am The captaincy is not as much about marketing as it is about team leadership and knowledge of the game, (in order to gain respect with officials).
A little "marketing" as you say is alright but not necessary.
Just let him show up wearing it.
I think that would be awesome.
I am talking about the Canuck's marketing the fact that they will showcase their new captain, use it to sell tickets etc. The marketing I am talking about has nothing to do with what you indicated.