Captain my Captian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Captain my Captian

Post by Mickey107 »

Well it would appear they are going to take their time selecting a captain.
As I said earlier, don't care for an entire year, or more, not having a player don the C.
However, this is a relatively unique Canuck situation in comparison to the previous 47 versions.

So, having spewed that ick, I'll take a guess.

He'll get his new, (BIG), contract, just before the end of the upcoming campaign and it will end up being Brock.
A hunch, no more, no less.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So your hunch is they give the C to a guy (who at the time) will have a 140 (ish) games over someone with like 4 years???
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:56 am So your hunch is they give the C to a guy (who at the time) will have a 140 (ish) games over someone with like 4 years???
My hunch is based on a few things, one of them being Bo might actually prefer it that way.
But like I say, Mac, it's just a guess.
Although an honor, there is also the yuck part. The media. The mikes in your face, even after a horrible game.
Henrik did a great job but at times, it was taxing and I remember getting the impression he would have loved to driven a few
right in the chops for their dumb post game questions.
I'd love to hear his thoughts on it some day when the bros write their book. ;)
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Brock is too laid back, almost looks and talks like a surfer dude kinda guy. He may have great leadership qualities but he won’t be the captain.

They will either go the young Bo long term way or a Sutter mid term selection, paving the way for Bo down the road. Or, just wait a year and let someone emerge as the new leader in the dressing room.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Captaincy talk is the lamest discussion going. Who cares, let it sort itself out
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Brock may seem laid back but IMO, he may well be the most devoted to greatness, on the team.
Always driving for perfection.
Always asking questions, everywhere. Team-mates, opponents, officials. Was one of the most chatty guys at the allstar game.
Born leader.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:46 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:13 pm My new nomination for Canucks captain is Jay Beagle, watching the training camp clips - he's vocal out there, takes leadership, he's the most fit of the bunch apparently with his supreme work ethic, while others were puking from the bag skate, Beags was going strong, and he has a sense of humour aha.

Beagle captain, Horvat and Edler as alternates.
My understanding is that part of the motivation to bring him to the organization was his leadership qualities. It's good to see evidence that this management group got what they paid for in a free agent this time.

I enjoy imagining that Beagle's positive on-ice traits will influence the many youngsters in the organization.
Beagle getting noticed with his great work ethic in camp, opening some eyes.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... ning-speed
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:11 am Beagle getting noticed with his great work ethic in camp, opening some eyes.
While I like hearing news like this, it kinda bothers that his fitness and effort are standing out at camp. :/
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:20 am
SKYO wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:11 am Beagle getting noticed with his great work ethic in camp, opening some eyes.
While I like hearing news like this, it kinda bothers that his fitness and effort are standing out at camp. :/
It's all good, Beagle has always been a major fitness freak.

Don't forget the ancient Sedins were always fitter than everyone else. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:33 am

While Beagle is a consummate pro and a Cup champ - won in a lot of leagues - it's a good trait for a leader to have for the youth coming in, to see what it takes. :thumbs:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:25 pm

While Beagle is a consummate pro and a Cup champ - won in a lot of leagues - it's a good trait for a leader to have for the youth coming in, to see what it takes. :thumbs:
The guy hasn’t played a game here and is a 4th line player. Yeah let’s make him captain
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:48 pm

The guy hasn’t played a game here and is a 4th line player. Yeah let’s make him captain
Why the team doesn't name a captain right away.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:48 pm

I don't think so either.
But I suppose he could always flash the jewelry around Francesco.

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Beagle is a great addition to provide leadership and to do a lot of the heavy lifting defensively. Thing is he got way too long of a contract similar to Roussel. A shitty team has to overpay and over extend guys in term to get a h to come here. Is Roussel any better than Kyle Brodziak,Riley Nash or Valterri Fillpula? Doubtful. But I guess when a team is a garbage fire for four of five years and has a horrendous D, you have to overpay.

I hope the fans don’t carve this poor guy too badly. He seems like a good pro
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:36 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:07 pm.

Edler just isn't the kind of leader we need, although his play the last 2 months has been outstanding.

Who the fuck are you??? Does doc have his hand up your puppet skirt like he did to spideys husk?
Was that not the biggest mindfuck? Spidey turned into a massive puppet and agreed with Doc on every point and posted more in the HT than he ever had in his life. Dude was following me around nonstop for months, replying to every post I made. Then he loses his shit and has a tantrum. Fucking weird