2018 NHL Entry Draft Poll

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If we have the 2nd Pick Overall who do you pick?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Filip Zadinasix-foot, 196 pounds (Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL)
27%
Andrei Svechnikov,RW, six-foot-two, 186 pounds (Barrie Colts, OHL)
31%
Brady Tkachuk, six-foot-three, 196 pounds (Boston University, NCAA)
27%
Adam Boqvist D, five-foot-11, 168 pounds (Brynas Jr.)
8%
Oliver Wahlstrom, RW, six-foot-one, 205 pounds (USNTDP)
No votes
Noah Dobson, D, six-foot-three, 180 pounds (Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL)
4%
Evan Bouchard, D, six-foot-two, 193 pounds (London Knights, OHL)
4%
Quinn Hughes, D, five-foot-10, 170 pounds (U of Michigan, NCAA)
No votes
Barrett Hayton, C, six-foot-one, 191 pounds (Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL)
No votes
Rasmus Kupari, C, six-foot-one, 183 pounds (Karpat, Finnish Liiga)
No votes

Total votes: 26

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Poll

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:11 pm Yeah if we get bumped out of the top 4 the trade back option may be a good idea. The islanders could have two lottery picks :drink:
Screw that we are winning the fucking lottery
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The thing that keeps bringing me back to Tkachuk is the kid is going to be a monster. He will probably play at 6ft 3 and 220. He has a better first step and is a better skater than his brother while being mor me physical. Yeah the numbers aren’t great but I liked what I saw at the WJC. I can’t see him dropping out of the top 4.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:19 pm The thing that keeps bringing me back to Tkachuk is the kid is going to be a monster. He will probably play at 6ft 3 and 220. He has a better first step and is a better skater than his brother while being mor me physical. Yeah the numbers aren’t great but I liked what I saw at the WJC. I can’t see him dropping out of the top 4.
I was won over with his play at the Worlds. Everyone says Matt is better, but this kid seems to have more skill than Matt, more well rounded. Plus he plays a smarter shit disturber game than Matt. Matt can get real stupid

He's my 2nd pick after Dahlin, for sure. Plus it helps his Mom is Canadian/Italian and that he has relatives in Vancouver
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Dahlin or Tkachuk
As simple as that
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:22 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:19 pm The thing that keeps bringing me back to Tkachuk is the kid is going to be a monster. He will probably play at 6ft 3 and 220. He has a better first step and is a better skater than his brother while being mor me physical. Yeah the numbers aren’t great but I liked what I saw at the WJC. I can’t see him dropping out of the top 4.
I was won over with his play at the Worlds. Everyone says Matt is better, but this kid seems to have more skill than Matt, more well rounded. Plus he plays a smarter shit disturber game than Matt. Matt can get real stupid

He's my 2nd pick after Dahlin, for sure. Plus it helps his Mom is Canadian/Italian and that he has relatives in Vancouver
...and remember who his dad was. With those genes, the kid can easily end up at 300 lbs with off-season training!

Just keep him away from Jake.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 pm ...and remember who his dad was. With those genes, the kid can easily end up at 300 lbs with off-season training!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Someone accusing wops as having weight issues?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 pm Someone accusing wops as having weight issues?
Ummmm... errrrr.... yeah Blob was! :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's true you have no Idea what Italian women are like. If you are 310 lbs they accuse you of being to thin and keep topping up your plate with more pasta and stuffing salami and cheese down your throat. "Eat, eat! You're too skinny!"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:25 pm
Hank wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 pm ...and remember who his dad was. With those genes, the kid can easily end up at 300 lbs with off-season training!
Yah, always said any team with Keith would never win a cup. Showed his character in Nagano when his USA team trashed the hotel after a loss. Such a moron. Hopefully the younger one falls farther from the tree than the elder one.

Kind of doubt Linden will take any Tkachuk even if he is the right pick just because his dad’s a dolt.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 pm It's true you have no Idea what Italian women are like. If you are 310 lbs they accuse you of being to thin and keep topping up your plate with more pasta and stuffing salami and cheese down your throat. "Eat, eat! You're too skinny!"
Dumaresq is a French name :?
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Puck wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:23 am SKYO beat me to it, but ...

Alex Mogliny, Igor Larionov and Artem Chubarov are wondering what happened to Lancer's memory.
Larionov was an outlier and unique given the red tide that came over after the iron curtain fell. Apples an oranges there.

Mogilny was acquired via trade. Known quantity already at a time when the KHL wasn’t the draw it is today. Apples and oranges again.

That leaves us with the immortal Chubarov - did he even come back to claim the car he left behind when he bolted for mother Russia? He topped out as a good 4th liner, and people want to talk about the club’s storied history with Russian draft picks?? If Tryamkin comes back, he’ll likely be the next best after Bure, which says a lot about the rest of the field.

Want to go over the Russians picked who did fuck all? Bieksa could offer a name or two.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Classic - Bieksa vs Fedor outside a pub in Winnipeg on a cold winter night
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Draft Svechnikov (if #2 OA) - always go BPA, his stats will be killer, you then flip him for like a RyJo for Jones type of deal down the road.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:07 pm Draft Svechnikov (if #2 OA) - always go BPA, his stats will be killer, you then flip him for like a RyJo for Jones type of deal down the road.
Or you draft the guy you think is worth keeping.....