2018 NHL Entry Draft Poll

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If we have the 2nd Pick Overall who do you pick?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Filip Zadinasix-foot, 196 pounds (Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL)
27%
Andrei Svechnikov,RW, six-foot-two, 186 pounds (Barrie Colts, OHL)
31%
Brady Tkachuk, six-foot-three, 196 pounds (Boston University, NCAA)
27%
Adam Boqvist D, five-foot-11, 168 pounds (Brynas Jr.)
8%
Oliver Wahlstrom, RW, six-foot-one, 205 pounds (USNTDP)
No votes
Noah Dobson, D, six-foot-three, 180 pounds (Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL)
4%
Evan Bouchard, D, six-foot-two, 193 pounds (London Knights, OHL)
4%
Quinn Hughes, D, five-foot-10, 170 pounds (U of Michigan, NCAA)
No votes
Barrett Hayton, C, six-foot-one, 191 pounds (Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL)
No votes
Rasmus Kupari, C, six-foot-one, 183 pounds (Karpat, Finnish Liiga)
No votes

Total votes: 26

DHA
CC Veteran

Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Poll

Post by DHA »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:20 am The key is finishing dead last so we end up with the 4th overall pick. Keeps us in that top 4 group of Dahlin, Tkachuk, Svechnikov and Zadina. But something tells me that Benning is picking a D-man if we end up picking 4th. Leaving one of Tkachuk, Zadina or Svechnikov available at 5. If Benning has learned anything from 2016 he should avoid that at all cost. Picking a shrimp D like Boqvist instead of one of Tkachuk, Zadina or Svechnikov would be committing hari kari
I say you take Boquivist in the 4th hole the two forwards and Dahlin in the top 3. Depending how we land I can see JB trading down for the right offer. Let’s hope we have ball luck- send Gradin to the Draft. It’s going to piss me off to see a New Jersey jump right up to the top of the draft if it happens again, and I don’t want the oil anywhere near it.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Everyone assuming Benning would pick Dahlin.

Last draft Trevor said if they had drafted 1st or 2nd they would not likely have taken either of the first two overall.

Most people, at one time or another, have gone WTF with Benning’s first round pick.

Just saying.....
The only HW the Canucks need
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:00 pm Everyone assuming Benning would pick Dahlin.

Last draft Trevor said if they had drafted 1st or 2nd they would not likely have taken either of the first two overall.

Most people, at one time or another, have gone WTF with Benning’s first round pick.

Just saying.....
Sometimes these GM go off the board but if we had 1 pick and did not pick Dahlin a projected generational talent in the toughest position to trade for and glaring weakness of the Canucks he would have flown over the cuckoos nest and been not just off the board but off the planet. The hockey world would be in shock if he did that :shock:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah if he didn’t pick Dahlin at number 1 that’s a massive fuckup. He is clearly # 1 and it isn’t even close at this time
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Yah I would agree blob
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 am Yeah if he didn’t pick Dahlin at number 1 that’s a massive fuckup. He is clearly # 1 and it isn’t even close at this time
The separation between 1 and the rest is greater this year than last. I give Benning and the scouts credit for picking Pettersson at a time when some folks thought he’d go lower. I think that if the Canucks has had the 1st overall pick last year they still would have picked Pettersson - kinda what Linden may have been alluding to.

This year whoever wins the lottery is either picking Dahlin or trading the pick to someone who willing pick the kid.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Lancer wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:44 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 am Yeah if he didn’t pick Dahlin at number 1 that’s a massive fuckup. He is clearly # 1 and it isn’t even close at this time
The separation between 1 and the rest is greater this year than last. I give Benning and the scouts credit for picking Pettersson at a time when some folks thought he’d go lower. I think that if the Canucks has had the 1st overall pick last year they still would have picked Pettersson - kinda what Linden may have been alluding to.

This year whoever wins the lottery is either picking Dahlin or trading the pick to someone who willing pick the kid.
if we had 3rd to 5th pick what would we have to add to get #1?

I guess it depends on who has the 1st pick and if they are weak or strong on D.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dahlin going no. 1 is a given. Shouldn't even be a question. He's almost like the McDavid of defence
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 amif we had 3rd to 5th pick what would we have to add to get #1?

Glad to see you're not missing any lessons.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 amif we had 3rd to 5th pick what would we have to add to get #1?

Glad to see you're not missing any lessons.
good to see you doing what you do best, adding nothing of value to the conversation.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:02 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:23 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:49 pm I don't know UDL, Svechnikov is a beast sniper. Zadina reminds me of Yakupov. I'm a little leery of Zadina. Also does drafting Svechnikov inspire Tryamkin to come back sooner than later?
Russians are bad...no more polonium cocktails for this guy. The napkin just reminded us all about drinking that brew
That Svechnikov is already in NA should be viewed as a positive. Always need to be wary of the guy pulling a Nichushkin, but it would be insane to pass on an Ovechkin or Malkin or Tarasenko or Kucherov or Sergachev because we’re worried they’d flee.

The Russians selected later, like Tryamkin, who feel entitled to NHL positions are a greater risk to run, but the impact players generally stick around.
Agreed with IN, dude has played well in the USHL & the OHL thus he's already acquainted with North American culture and is only getting better. He's here in NA to play and become a NHL star asap.

IF he comes here, he and Goldy can hopefully create some offensive synergy to form a solid scoring line behind Bo/Boeser.
Or form voltron with bo/boeser,
with the Swede line eventually dethroning Horvat to #2C by 2020.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:52 am
IF he comes here, he and Goldy can hopefully create some offensive synergy to form a solid scoring line behind Bo/Boeser.
Or form voltron with bo/boeser,
with the Swede line eventually dethroning Horvat to #2C by 2020.
Goldy is exactly the type of player to bolt for the KHL.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Goldy is slowly building trust with Green, just has to minimize his defensive mistakes and keep it simple back there.

Goldy has scored 4 goals in 3 AHL games last season.

9 goals in 28 AHL games this season with 5 goals in 28 NHL games so far.

Depending on mistakes or not, Green has his TOI all over the place from 7:15 to 17:24.

I think he's pretty confident, just needs these last games this season to help cement his status as a future top 6 guy, which he's built for.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.