February/March/April OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: February OOTS

Post by olpaddy »

olpaddy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:25 pm
RoyalDude wrote:Lemme ask you something, Puddles, did you watch that game against Sharks? The goal Jake scored? The Gaunce goal set up by Jake? Whaddya think? Was that a bust player who did that? A Winger with that size and speed? I believe there's still more to come, don't you?

Answer the question are you still picking Marner over Boeser and Barzal?
i think he can skate fast I think he needs to drive the net I aslo think he needs to be more creative in certain situations it will come with time I hope BUT in the Meantime The guy in Winterpeg doesn't need a coach to make video's for him or doesn't need to remind him to bring it nightly... I would like him to find spots to score find open ice use his linemates in the offensive zone... Listen No one Loves Jake more than me but we get excited cause he skates fast and drives the net what worries me when certain guys get back into the lineup Jake moves down the depth chart again... Has he taken steps Yes the true test is when Bo,Sven,Sutter come back those situations where he gets extra ice might dissapear cause of the amount of PROGRESS STOPPERS AHEAD OF HIM...

As far as Marner Barzal and Brock Im biased My better half, her sister is married to the head trainer of the London Knights... I have seen that team play close to 35-40 games regular season and playoffs in last4-5years Ive seen,Bo Domi, Marner Dvorak Tkachuk and yes Oli The most talented of all of them is Marner and thats from people in the Know...

Do I think Marner is better than the other 2 no but IMO we are splitting hairs cause I don't know if having 60pt capabilities is brutal compared to what Barzal tops out at which is what 70-75pts or Boeser hopefully in that range as well...
Just gonna leave this right here so there are NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The LA Kings have a scouting report on the Knights now, beat them twice in a row. :o :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boy ole boy, Flames lose, Kings and Sharks win. Garth Snow is eyeing that potential 2018 lotto pick like a patient hawk. Treliving sweating bullets. Disastrous trade by the Flames
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 am Boy ole boy, Flames lose, Kings and Sharks win. Garth Snow is eyeing that potential 2018 lotto pick like a patient hawk. Treliving sweating bullets. Disastrous trade by the Flames
No doubt Treliving is hoping his scouts can pull another Gaudreau out of their asses, because that lost 1st is looking pretty costly right now - and it's not like they're a realistic bet for conference finals either.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

AVS score 4 straight and Johnny Hockey losses his shit
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 pm AVS score 4 straight and Johnny Hockey losses his shit
5 straight. :mrgreen:

And yup, he dove, got called for, wouldn't stop whining about, so he got an extra 10. :mex:

Here's is Johnny whining...

https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/969071578863587333
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: February/March/April OOTS

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/stat ... 7622757376

Notable, Oilers down by 2 with 3:10 left, chance to pull goalie and try and get one. McLellan chose not to, said they weren’t winning many face offs, that they’d given up some empty netters lately and the losses felt worse.
@TSNRyanRishaug
:shock:

The tank is on!

Was just reading on an Oilers board, Lucic and Kassian have become major whipping boys this season...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/TomGulittiNHL/statu ... 7651210240

Stadium Series game at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium still scheduled for 8 p.m. Saturday as planned. NHL is monitoring weather/high winds. Next update at 1:30 p.m. ET on Saturday.
@TomGulittiNHL

Hmmm... I don't really watch outdoor games anymore, but I might check this one out!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:35 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 pm AVS score 4 straight and Johnny Hockey losses his shit
Dude, what do you think of Nathan MacKinnon and the Colorado Avalanche? Or Taylor Hall for that matter...
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:47 pm McKinnon is nothing special. Fast skater. He's just another meh Taylor Hall type. I'd take quite a few players from his draft class ahead of him.
:lol: :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:54 pm
Dude, what do you think of Nathan MacKinnon and the Colorado Avalanche? Or Taylor Hall for that matter...
MacK is bearing down this year!

And he's on fire lately with 14 points in his last 6 games (including tonight and there's a period left to play).

I'm glad, I think I mentioned earlier I have him in my pool...

I'm surprised about Hall though.

Did he get his problem under control... or is he gonna burn out soon? :look:

Either way, he still a dirty little coward...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:04 pm
MacK is bearing down this year!

And he's on fire lately with 14 points in his last 6 games (including tonight and there's a period left to play).
Might be the best player in hockey right now.

I'm surprised about Hall though.

Either way, he still a dirty, very talented, little coward...
Yeah is it just me, or does Taylor Hall's nose look less piggish? Less hungry? He may be focusing on hockey. Making that trade look worse by the game.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 pm Yeah is it just me, or does Taylor Hall's nose look less piggish? Less hungry? He may be focusing on hockey. Making that trade look worse by the game.
He's talented, but with his penchant for dirty cheap stuff and skating with his head down, it's just a matter of time until...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:54 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:47 pm McKinnon is nothing special. Fast skater. He's just another meh Taylor Hall type. I'd take quite a few players from his draft class ahead of him.
:lol: :lol:
Lol at Dud

Again

Quite a few players he’d take ahead of Mackinnon in that draft. M

Quite a few :lol:

Quite a few :lol:
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:14 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 pm Yeah is it just me, or does Taylor Hall's nose look less piggish? Less hungry? He may be focusing on hockey. Making that trade look worse by the game.
He's talented, but with his penchant for dirty cheap stuff and skating with his head down, it's just a matter of time until...
My personal favourite
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

MacKinnon 5 point performance. MacJesus!
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters