The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7057
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Does the captain count? If you were still up with the tv on past 2 and the catain came on you knew you were fucked up...
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7057
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Image
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6546
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Meds » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:51 pm

This is a brilliant idea for a thread Corn. I suspect it could be highly entertaining.

T'will be interesting to see what (and how far) it devolves to. :lol:

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 20409
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm
Does the captain count? If you were still up with the tv on past 2 and the catain came on you knew you were fucked up...
WDF is the captain?

Seriously, not being a smartass here, I have no idea.

EDIT: Okay thanks for the pick, I swear I have never seen him before, looks like Otis.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7968
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Cornuck » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Some might say that Canuck-fans-for-life fall into that category by default....
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Rocky Dennis » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:09 am
... and then the Dude tells us which players Blobby wanted, then they go back and forth for a few days - then move on to other players and other contracts.

Doc will pop in with his archiving skills and let everyone know what each poster thought at the time of the draft / trade / signing.

Image

Corrected for accuracy:

Image

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14484
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Image

Blotis. How I imagine Bubbles on one of his patented weekly benders, This should definitely be his avatar. No way he is Blondie.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7057
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:53 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm
Does the captain count? If you were still up with the tv on past 2 and the catain came on you knew you were fucked up...
WDF is the captain?

Seriously, not being a smartass here, I have no idea.

EDIT: Okay thanks for the pick, I swear I have never seen him before, looks like Otis.
Lol you dont remember his late night ads? Nobody?

He was a staple on like ckvu in the late 80s maybe early 90s when ad time was cheap. He used to end them with aye aye and goodbye

Must've been during those late night freebasing sessions
nobody focks...with the jesus

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 976
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Lol you dont remember his late night ads? Nobody?

He was a staple on like ckvu in the late 80s maybe early 90s when ad time was cheap. He used to end them with aye aye and goodbye

Must've been during those late night freebasing sessions
I didn't do a lot of late-night freebasing, but I wanted to assure you I do remember The Captain. Even bought a used VCR from him once.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 20409
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Lol you dont remember his late night ads? Nobody?

He was a staple on like ckvu in the late 80s maybe early 90s when ad time was cheap. He used to end them with aye aye and goodbye

Must've been during those late night freebasing sessions
Okay he's starting to look vaguely familiar.

I've always had this thing about commercials.

I immediately hit mute and try not to look at the screen.

(this definitely contributed to me being the only sane person left today)

Could watching the captain have contributed to Blob turning into an Otis in his old age?

Look for the answer coming soon in the Conspiracy Theory thread!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7057
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:03 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Lol you dont remember his late night ads? Nobody?

He was a staple on like ckvu in the late 80s maybe early 90s when ad time was cheap. He used to end them with aye aye and goodbye

Must've been during those late night freebasing sessions
I didn't do a lot of late-night freebasing, but I wanted to assure you I do remember The Captain. Even bought a used VCR from him once.
Ok good because i was starting to question everything i thought tied my memories to reality

Aye aye and goodbye
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8336
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Hey dude, how bout them Avalanche?

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10540
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by SKYO » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:15 am

this thread is like freebasing CC.

check my bro::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... x-4rCsjXRo
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4687
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:04 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 pm
Hey dude, how bout them Avalanche?
Them crickets are awfully loud.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14484
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 pm
Hey dude, how bout them Avalanche?
Not bad, about time after a decade long rebuild

How are your Oilers doing, and those amazing deals Chiarelli has made there? You were quite high on their rebuild at the start of the year, using them as ammo against the Canucks rebuild

How long has the Oiler rebuild gone on for now?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply