The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:04 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:42 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 am *Cotton Top Cody
All body no legs
:lol:

Like an oompa loompa
I don't recall any doubters over CoHo when Stamkos on stumps was picked, I soured on him when I saw him at the WJC and had a hard time seeing his game transition to the NHL. Once he made the Canucks, I know I was the most vocal of his detractors. While most posters were fawning over him, I saw a perimeter player who put no effort into defence or play along the boards.

I have similar reservations about QuHu.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:43 pm
All body no legs

Like an oompa loompa
I don't recall any doubters over CoHo when Stamkos on stumps was picked, I soured on him when I saw him at the WJC and had a hard time seeing his game transition to the NHL. Once he made the Canucks, I know I was the most vocal of his detractors. While most posters were fawning over him, I saw a perimeter player who put no effort into defence or play along the boards.

I do recall that and it definitely was entertaining to see everyones jaws dropped in horror at such absurd an accusation. :lol:

I sure as fuck hope you're wrong on this new kid though. I dont think a team has ever needed a prospect to be a top performer as bad as this canucks team need Hughes to be bobby orr.

My worry is that for all the razzle and dazzle hes shown in college he hasnt been a point producer of any note.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:26 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 pm Mëds just dragged his snag across the passed out Dudes forehead
Shit UDL - you got me... I don't know if this needs a [mod edit] or not! :D
If we were in aussie right now you'd be hitting the edit button.

Or wait a minute no you wouldnt cuz we'd be in aussie and they cant talk without saying c*nt or an equivalent. Snag would be church approved
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:48 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:43 pm
All body no legs

Like an oompa loompa

I do recall that and it definitely was entertaining to see everyones jaws dropped in horror at such absurd an accusation. :lol:

I sure as fuck hope you're wrong on this new kid though. I dont think a team has ever needed a prospect to be a top performer as bad as this canucks team need Hughes to be bobby orr.

My worry is that for all the razzle and dazzle hes shown in college he hasnt been a point producer of any note.
I don't think Topper's concerns with Hughes are near as high as they were with Stubby.

At least that's what I get from reading his posts.

BTW yours truly expressed some concerns about Silent G from the beginning

... but that's probably mostly due to taking Topper's astute points under advisement.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gillis was going on and on about their analytics on Cotton Hill at the time of drafting him and how off the charts they were regarding Cotton’s analytics. Maybe instead of studying Aussie Rules Football these days maybe Gillis should be studying the Senators Analytics on Karlsson at the time of drafting him since he “according to Baubles” wasn’t supposed to go that high???
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

He looks somewhat flushed, doesn't he...
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I wonder if thats the same expression he flashed at the dude when he turned him down for that autograph all those years ago
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 pm Gillis was going on and on about their analytics on Cotton Hill at the time of drafting him and how off the charts they were regarding Cotton’s analytics. Maybe instead of studying Aussie Rules Football these days maybe Gillis should be studying the Senators Analytics on Karlsson at the time of drafting him since he “according to Baubles” wasn’t supposed to go that high???
Google is your friend. Karlsson was ranked in the late 20s. You likely won’t bother to look it up similar to how you won’t answer that “Sundin made 8.6 million” for forty games. Keep on keepin on.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The great analyzer of players - Mike Gillis

6 drafts - only Ben Hutton

Ottawa Senators Draft Karlsson 15th overall, Mike drafts Stumps 10th overall. Great analytics by the Sens

How much did Old Man No Knees Sundin rip off Gillis for? I thought he raked in a total of $8.6 schmill? Boi I bet No Knees is kicking himself for not accepting Mikes brilliant 2 year $20 schmill offer

“I’m studying Aussie Rules Football, it’s the future of hockey” - UVIC professor Gillis 6 years without work in the NHL

A 1st round pick
A 1st round pick
A 2nd round pick
A 3rd round pick

For Buyout Ballard

With Kuznetsov, Coyle and Nelson still on board

“We didn’t like the analytics of the players left on board but we loved the analysts on Ballard!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Like clockwork

“I’m afraid to answer Blob’s questions but I’ll pollute the board with some other drivel”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“Just a small drop from Horvat to Sutter “

Wot a mouth breather
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:47 am Like clockwork

“I’m afraid to answer Blob’s questions but I’ll pollute the board with some other drivel”
Sundin - how much did his palms get greased by Gillis after all the dust settled? I thought it was $8.6 million?

Horvat came at a BIG cost. Good pick by Gillis though. Bo still needs to work on his VO2 max. HE bonks out half way through all his shifts still
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:37 am

Bo still needs to work on his VO2 max. HE bonks out half way through all his shifts still
Proof?

Or are you also a doctor? I thought we only had 1 doctor in the house?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:40 am
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:37 am

Bo still needs to work on his VO2 max. HE bonks out half way through all his shifts still
Proof?

Or are you also a doctor? I thought we only had 1 doctor in the house?
Yo Yo Ma?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bo seems to have drummed up a 2nd wind, playing great hockey! Only 4 points back of a wild card spot!!! We can do it!!!