The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2nd for Baertschi

3rd for Pedan

2nd and a 3rd for Stone Hands two seasons then packaged with 2 firsts for Buyout.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:05 pm 2nd for Baertschi

3rd for Pedan

2nd and a 3rd for Stone Hands two seasons then packaged with 2 firsts for Buyout.
Yes we all know the Ballard trade was awful. How bout comparing the other two trades if your capable of doing so?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:15 pm

3rd for Pedan

Yes we all know the Ballard trade was awful. How bout comparing the other two trades if your capable of doing so?
Sven is a horrible hockey player. I used to lol at my Crygary pals who fanboi'd over him. :drink:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ranking my favourite 2008 transactions by Gillis in his first season as your GM

1. Offering No knees Sundin $20 mill over two years
2. Giving No Knees Sundin $8.6 mill for half a season
3. Drafting Cotton Hill Hodgson 10th overall with Karlsson and Myers still on board after just losing Bourdon, boasting 30 something D men in Mitchell, Salo and Ohlund all the while the top 2 cdntres are 23 year old Kesler and 27 year old Hank
4. Trading a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for stone hands Bernier
5. Drafting Sauve in the 2nd round
6. Trading for a drunk in O’Brien
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Jesus RD, spring has come, the temp is going to hit 20. How about going out to get some vitamin D, I think you need it.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:58 am Ranking my favourite 2008 transactions by Gillis in his first season as your GM

3. Drafting Cotton Hill Hodgson 10th overall with Karlsson and Myers still on board after just losing Bourdon, boasting 30 something D men in Mitchell, Salo and Ohlund all the while the top 2 cdntres are 23 year old Kesler and 27 year old Hank
Was Sundin paid 8.6 million dollars?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

*Cotton Top Cody
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:15 pm

3rd for Pedan

Clear he isn’t up for the task. He’s not even capable of simple math like getting Mats Sundin’s salary right
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 am *Cotton Top Cody
All body no legs
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:42 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 am *Cotton Top Cody
All body no legs
:lol:

Like an oompa loompa
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:58 am Ranking my favourite 2008 transactions by Gillis in his first season as your GM

1. Yeah that was questionable at the time, but he was going hard after him and he gets credit for having the balls to do it.

2. Who cares. We had the space and didn't need to use it at the time Sundin actually signed. Good move.

3. The year was 2008 and the Canucks were NOT a contender. 23 year old Ryan Kesler was about to turn 24 and had put up 37 points in 80 games. At the time the general consensus was that Kesler would be an elite 3rd line two-way center. Hodgson was projecting to be an highly skilled center who would cement our one-two punch up front with Hank, and Kesler adding 50 points while frustrating the hell out of opposing top lines. 14 other teams passed on Karlsson, and Myers went higher than he should have. It was actually not a terrible pick at the time.

4. Bernier was scoring close to 0.5ppg on his career at the time. He had decent wheels and was a big body who could crash and bang. Most people thought he would get closer to being a 0.6ppg winger who would create space for his linemates and bang home over 20 goals a year. A 2nd and a 3rd for a guy who a former 1st round pick and on a development curve that tracked fairly true to many a good power forward.....on the surface that's a good trade at the time. Hindsight not so much.

5. He missed a few guys on that one for sure. LOL!

6. Yeah, giving up Lukas Krajicek and Oulette was just stupid.....both of them went on to stellar NHL careers. O'Brien played more NHL games than the pair of them combined.

You are 1 for 6 there in your reasoning. Nice work Dude, you're improving.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds just dragged his snag across the passed out Dudes forehead
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 pm Mëds just dragged his snag across the passed out Dudes forehead
:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds is Gillis personal travelling fluffer.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 pm Mëds just dragged his snag across the passed out Dudes forehead
Shit UDL - you got me... I don't know if this needs a [mod edit] or not! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."