What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What to do with the Sedins?

Trade them and say goodbye
10%
Trade them and re-sign them
24%
Cut them loose
15%
Keep them, but off the roster
2%
1 year contract
49%
2 year contract
No votes
More than 2 year contract
No votes

Total votes: 41

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's a roster nightmare at Forward if the twins come back

Centre Left Wing Right Wing

Hank Baertschi Virtanen
Horvat Goldobin Boeser
Sutter Leipsic Lind
Pettersson Archibald
Granlund Dahlen
Gaunce Eriksson
Gaudette Boucher
Motte Gadjovich
Gagner
Dowd

Gadjovich and Lind back Utica or junior

Boucher, Dowd, Motte are on the bubble

I think you gotta move out Granlund and Gagner if the twins come back along with Boucher, Diwd and Motte

I think that all 3 of Pettersson, Gaudette and Dahlen will be tough to keep off the team
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:35 am It's a roster nightmare at Forward if the twins come back

Hank Baertschi Virtanen
Horvat Goldobin Boeser
Sutter Leipsic Lind
Pettersson Archibald
Granlund Dahlen
Gaunce Eriksson
Gaudette Boucher
Motte Gadjovich
Gagner
Dowd

Gadjovich and Lind back Utica or junior

Boucher, Dowd, Motte are on the bubble

I think you gotta move out Granlund and Gagner if the twins come back along with Boucher, Diwd and Motte

I think that all 3 of Pettersson, Gaudette and Dahlen will be tough to keep off the team
Pettersson can also play right wing; in fact, that's what he usually does.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Question for Per - since you knew the Swedish mindset better than any of us... Would the Sedins make better mentors for young Swedes coming over here, than similar North American player? In other words, do you think it will greatly help Pettersson and Dalhen's development to keep the twins around next year (assuming one or both make the team)?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

tricky ;)
"evolution"
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

So question for those who want to see the Sedins put out to pasture after this season:

Who do you feel should be targeted by the team to fill their spots? (And please don't just respond with "anyone")

Who do you think could be acquired for a short term and reasonable cap hit that could provide better leadership and scoring than they have?

As previously noted, I would much prefer to see the Sedins back than I would other contracts in the vein of Gagner or Eriksson. But I am interested as to who people feel would be more effective and would like to see targeted as replacements.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:35 am It's a roster nightmare at Forward if the twins come back

Hank Baertschi Virtanen
Horvat Goldobin Boeser
Sutter Leipsic Lind
Pettersson Archibald
Granlund Dahlen
Gaunce Eriksson
Gaudette Boucher
Motte Gadjovich
Gagner
Dowd
Not sure if any of the bold text players would make it into a starting line up and that is giving Elias the benefit of the doubt
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper you're pulling an HW. Last year she said Boeser and Virtanen would spend this season in Utica
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:03 pm Topper you're pulling an HW. Last year she said Boeser and Virtanen would spend this season in Utica
Because you have the players who have never played a pro NA game making the team?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:46 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:03 pm Topper you're pulling an HW. Last year she said Boeser and Virtanen would spend this season in Utica
Because you have the players who have never played a pro NA game making the team?
I play high stakes poker, Topper. Which is why you won't find me at the slot machines.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I sure hope a kid like Dahlen can give wet farts like Granlund and Baertschi a run for their money
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:46 pm So question for those who want to see the Sedins put out to pasture after this season:

Who do you feel should be targeted by the team to fill their spots? (And please don't just respond with "anyone")

Who do you think could be acquired for a short term and reasonable cap hit that could provide better leadership and scoring than they have?

As previously noted, I would much prefer to see the Sedins back than I would other contracts in the vein of Gagner or Eriksson. But I am interested as to who people feel would be more effective and would like to see targeted as replacements.
Doesn't matter how hard I try or how many methods I attempt, I can't seem to get the point across.
So I'll just say stale and at the same time ask you why let it get to the point where it could almost be described as sad.
I agree with RD and have a quiet confidence that the roster spots will be filled with youth and hope from our own sources.

Now for the GGGRRR part! If they have to stay then no more than 2.5.
The "C" must be passed on to Bo in the fall. (no more than an alternating A between them), and a healthy understanding to get use to
the term, healthy scratch.

Do I want to see this? Not really...but hey
Not disrespect on my part. I mean that.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:40 pm Question for Per - since you knew the Swedish mindset better than any of us... Would the Sedins make better mentors for young Swedes coming over here, than similar North American player? In other words, do you think it will greatly help Pettersson and Dalhen's development to keep the twins around next year (assuming one or both make the team)?
Well..... It is hard to know for sure, but typically when you are abroad, you tend to consider your countrymen trusted allies. I mean, just look at how different ethnic groups gravitate toward settling in areas where there is already a significant representation of whatever group they belong to. Thus having someone from "home" nearby to teach you the ropes and explain the odd behaviour of the locals might make the transition easier.
This is a general observation though, and all people are individuals. Should Jonathan and Elias both make the team, having your buddy along on the journey might be enough. And of course Elias (and/or Jonathan) might become close friends with some other player with a completely different background, that will provide all the help they need to settle in with th eteam. You never know. From what I understand Näslund and Bertuzzi became really good friends, even if Markus commented that "travelling with Todd is like travelling with a two year old."

But typically most young Swedes would feel comfortable having an older compatriot on the team.
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Per wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:43 am
Cornuck wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:40 pm Question for Per - since you knew the Swedish mindset better than any of us... Would the Sedins make better mentors for young Swedes coming over here, than similar North American player? In other words, do you think it will greatly help Pettersson and Dalhen's development to keep the twins around next year (assuming one or both make the team)?
Well..... It is hard to know for sure, but typically when you are abroad, you tend to consider your countrymen trusted allies. I mean, just look at how different ethnic groups gravitate toward settling in areas where there is already a significant representation of whatever group they belong to. Thus having someone from "home" nearby to teach you the ropes and explain the odd behaviour of the locals might make the transition easier.
This is a general observation though, and all people are individuals. Should Jonathan and Elias both make the team, having your buddy along on the journey might be enough. And of course Elias (and/or Jonathan) might become close friends with some other player with a completely different background, that will provide all the help they need to settle in with th eteam. You never know. From what I understand Näslund and Bertuzzi became really good friends, even if Markus commented that "travelling with Todd is like travelling with a two year old."

But typically most young Swedes would feel comfortable having an older compatriot on the team.
The only friends Elias needs are Bo and Brock.

Oh, and maybe Rasmus.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:39 am The only friends Elias needs are Bo and Brock.

Oh, and maybe Rasmus.
I disagree. He also needs to be friends with the puck.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Turns out I was right though. Virtanen can't score worth shit, he's done.

Boeaser is so injury prone he can't finish the season.

Now if they had been in Utica.....

Jkjkjk
The only HW the Canucks need