What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What to do with the Sedins?

Trade them and say goodbye
10%
Trade them and re-sign them
24%
Cut them loose
15%
Keep them, but off the roster
2%
1 year contract
49%
2 year contract
No votes
More than 2 year contract
No votes

Total votes: 41

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by SKYO »

I think they are going to wait to see if we get Dahlin or not. :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:35 pm I think they are going to wait to see if we get Dahlin or not. :D
We are not getting Dahlin. We are getting Bouchard. It would be nice to get Dahlin but Bouchard is a nice consolation prize. We will be drafting between 5th and 8th

Bouchard wlll go 5th or 6th, maybe 4th
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 pm Yeah I doubt Benning has anything up his sleeve. Unless his sleeve is up his ass trying to yank his head out.
Yes I’m quite sure the entire corner knows your views on Benning.

Broken record much?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:41 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:35 pm I think they are going to wait to see if we get Dahlin or not. :D
We are not getting Dahlin. We are getting Bouchard. It would be nice to get Dahlin but Bouchard is a nice consolation prize. We will be drafting between 5th and 8th

Yeah figure the hockey’s gods are that mad at us that we will never draft first overall?

Perhaps we start with animal sacrifices and work out way up to human sacrifice... I nominate blob

We could repost his stuff from the last 4 years and no will even notice he is gone ;)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:25 pm

Yeah figure the hockey’s gods are that mad at us that we will never draft first overall?

Perhaps we start with animal sacrifices and work out way up to human sacrifice... I nominate blob

We could repost his stuff from the last 4 years and no will even notice he is gone ;)
Interesting, sounds like another poster or 3, how come you only concentrate on 1?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:11 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:35 pm Why do they need to wait until the summer? What will change in the next 3-4 months?

Just resign for 1 year now at what ever value contract they sign for. Then JB knows what he has to work for in the off season.

Plus I think it is 90% sure they coming back unless there is something not smelling right at head office that we are not aware of.
I think they will want to see what Jim does in the summer and what trades are made at the deadline.

It's kind of stupid really. If they want to come back and play next season they should tell Jim because he will build the roster accordingly. I don't mean he will cater to them, that time is done. But I do think that he will be making moves with an eye on having the 3rd line center and left-wing positions filled by the Sedins. That means that his 2nd and 4th lines need to be defensively sound, and his 4th line especially needs to have the chops to play defensive minutes against the opponent's top-6 group.

So by not saying anything they have put themselves on the sideline and Elmer has to conduct business as if they are not coming back and move forward without them. Then they can decide if they see themselves as a fit. But if they sit tight and say sweet nothing, Benning sure as shit better not factor them into anything.

I think that it’s a huge decision for them. They have pretty much gold plated careers to consider how to wind up.

Do they come back and embarrass themselves or do they hang em up with dignity ?

If they can still contribute how do 20 year warriors walk away from all they have known?

I think they have earned the right to be in the drivers seat on this one.

As far as Benning is concerned it’s not hard to imagine the genius has plan A, B, C and D up his sleeve.
Yeah, I wasn't insinuating that they don't deserve to make the decision. I'm just saying that if they want to come back, waiting to tell Benning may not be the smartest move as he will be less than a genius if he doesn't proceed, at the trade deadline, under the assumption that they are done and gone.

It just doesn't seem in their best interests to wait, nor the team's.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:40 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:25 pm

Interesting, sounds like another poster or 3, how come you only concentrate on 1?

Cause I like blob’s sense of humor and it’s fun?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Uh oh, watch out, Reef's head is going to explode :shock:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reef hasn't been in a good place for awhile
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 am duh oh, watch out, Reef's head is going to explode :shock:
lol - not even close.

you on the other hand, i dont know but the rumours on the street says the #metoo movement is hot on your trail.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:04 am
5thhorseman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 am duh oh, watch out, Reef's head is going to explode :shock:
lol - not even close.

you on the other hand, i dont know but the rumours on the street says the #metoo movement is hot on your trail.
OMG ! You didn't capitalize it. :shock:

Have you got any idea what you are in for now? Run for your life!!!!!
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

lol - not even close.

Who hurt you?

Back on topic, Sedins always say the first consideration is "family".

Maybe this decision rests in the hands of the wives. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

lol - not even close.

you on the other hand, i dont know but the rumours on the street says the poundmetoo movement is hot on your trail.
fixed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Could be the Sedins have already made up thier minds, Benning knows it, and he is keeping it quiet. Could be a angle on how some GM's talk to him, or even a method to try and influence trade value in some fashion... could be the twins want to play the rest of the year and see if either gets injured before deciding. Could be they want to seee the FA market and speak with Jimbo about possible signings..

Could be a lot of things. Jus sayn.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:52 pm Could be the Sedins have already made up thier minds, Benning knows it, and he is keeping it quiet. Could be a angle on how some GM's talk to him, or even a method to try and influence trade value in some fashion... could be the twins want to play the rest of the year and see if either gets injured before deciding. Could be they want to seee the FA market and speak with Jimbo about possible signings..

Could be a lot of things. Jus sayn.
+1 The most logical post on this thread yet !
If you think about it, kind of like it should be.
The Vancouver mad, crazy hockey world think they need, even should, be told everything but that is not always good business.
"evolution"