Christmas time OOT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Christmas time OOT

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Bubbles championing Zac Rinaldo? He pulled a Mathew Tkachuk (see Wenneberg) and sucker punched Samuel Girard. Pathetic human
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Canucks sinking without Horvat, both the Oilers and Avalanche have passed us in the standings. The Dude has gone into hiding.
Without Horvat AND Sutter.
Horvat and Tanev are the important players out of the lineup
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Duchene, 21 games and 5 points.

Ouch.

Now there is a genius GM.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote:Duchene, 21 games and 5 points.

Ouch.

I still think Duchene can be a good player in the right environment but he is sure stinking it up in Ottawa. You don’t get chosen to Team Canada for being shitty so there’s obvious skill there and he can flat out fly. That said Ottawa gave up a load to get him and Turris is performing very well in Nashville.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dumb trade by Ottawa. Duchene is overrated not to mention a major cancer in the room
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Ouch.

I still think Duchene can be a good player in the right environment but he is sure stinking it up in Ottawa. You don’t get chosen to Team Canada for being shitty so there’s obvious skill there and he can flat out fly. That said Ottawa gave up a load to get him and Turris is performing very well in Nashville.
Nobody wants to be in Ottawa now. Ownership has alienated the fanbase and the team has that feeling of "dead men walking / every man for himself". They need serious changes to fix the culture of this team. The players quite clearly understand it's "mail it in" time. Duchene hasn't been good, but neither has 2/3 of the team. It was a dumb trade to begin with.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Remember how pissed off Bibbles was at Benning for drafting Boeser instead of Konecny?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:08 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Ouch.

Nobody wants to be in Ottawa now. Ownership has alienated the fanbase and the team has that feeling of "dead men walking / every man for himself". They need serious changes to fix the culture of this team. The players quite clearly understand it's "mail it in" time. Duchene hasn't been good, but neither has 2/3 of the team. It was a dumb trade to begin with.
The owner is a sideshow, not the real problem. The GM there has made one dumbass trade after another. He's the problem
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Vegas Knights man...

C William Karlsson is on fire right now just scored a hatty, he's a RFA, he'll likely demand #1C money this contract, a big bump from $1M per to around $6M+ per.

With his future highly paid RW - Jonathan Marchessault (14g-22a) so far, can't believe the Panthers let him go, he's making a paltry $750K per, he'll in all likelihood make around $5M per+ next contract as a UFA, especially after scoring 30 goals last season, he's the next Marty St. Louis.

30 year old LW James Neal (17g-10a)UFA and C Erik Haula (14g - 12a) also scoring goals a decent clip.

While wingers David Perron (9g, 21a)UFA, & locked up Reilly Smith (9g, 21a) provide playmaking ability.

25 year old Colin Miller (5g-16a)RFA will demand around $3.5M-$4M per & Nate Schmidt (2g-14a) - Their two best scoring dmen.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:52 pm Remember how pissed off Bibbles was at Benning for drafting Boeser instead of Konecny?
No, enlighten me. I said I may have picked Konecny at the time but that I liked Boeser. By all means please continue to make shit up though
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

That might've been me:
If the Canucks take Brock Boeser at 23, while leaving Timo Meier and Nick Merkley on the board (as Joyce suggests), I'll be pissed.
I got over it, and I won't lie about it.

Boeser is a beaut, and while Benning deserves credit for this pick, he's no genius.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:04 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:52 pm Remember how pissed off Bibbles was at Benning for drafting Boeser instead of Konecny?
No, enlighten me. I said I may have picked Konecny at the time but that I liked Boeser. By all means please continue to make shit up though
Hmmmm....
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:20 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol at Boeser and Virtanen on an NHL squad next year.

Konecny and Ehlers however...........
If Elmer even hit on two of his first rounders this situation would be soooo much better. Too soon to write the book on Rail Thin Juolevi and the lumbering Brock Boeser but I don't see top line/top d pairing from these guys unlike the previous four mentioned . Maybe a second paring vanilla type D , think Paul Martin and a 40 point top nine guy in Boeser
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:45 am Elmer the drafting wizard

Ehlers, Pastrnak, Konecny, Tkachuck >>>>>>>>>> Virtanen, McCann, Boeser, Juolevi

Not Even Close

Draft thief is more like an air thief
:santa:

Point has been made, so not gonna fill this forum up with all your fawning over the shrimp Konecny.

Please make a New Year's Rehab Resolution Blobert...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not really any point made Agassiz. I said I liked Konecny and Boeser and might have taken Konecny. The rest of your digging was me saying overall Elmer would have been better with Pasternak, Ehlers, Konecny, Tkachuk vs Virtanen, McCann, Boeser and Juolevi .

And really Boeser was a lumbering skater at that time and he’s picked it up a notch. Good on him. You’d know this if you actually watched games instead of box score surfing. I guess the rabbits ears are broken in your trailer
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

At least IN is man enough to admit when he's wrong.

YOU THOUGH... so many times you've been hit over the head with the truth and

... deny, deny, deny. :(

Not your fault though Blobby... I blame Mr Booze.

You gave Boeser a ceiling of... "a 40 point top nine guy".

At the same time you were raving over-and-over about how Konecny was going to be a first line star player.

You asked someone to "enlighten you" when Dude said:

"Remember how pissed off Bibbles was at Benning for drafting Boeser instead of Konecny?"

... but yeah, perhaps you are unenlightenable eh Bubbles?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ok Deroche Happy New Year!! :)