Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote:
rats19 wrote:Explain the homerism comment a bit more for me please.

Do you mean towards the team or certain members?
I’m talking about RD and to some point Doc on how they do nothing but praise Benning for everything. RD posted 4-5 times already Saturday morning parroting the same thing over and over again. No one tells him to let it go but God help anyone who calls him on it because then we get called a whiner.

Does anyone ever think about why we get so few new people joining here? Maybe because if you try to have a debate or have a different option you get Doc with his quantity but not quality responses or parrot aka RD. I have no problem with a heated debate, I believe there is some good discussions when posters argue their point. Yes we all get out of hand with name calling which could be reduced.

Yes Doc, before you post a response trying to show how I, in your opinion, am wrong or I have contradicted myself, I am as guilty as others.

I do not think Benning is close to being a genius, he has done what any good GM should do in his position. I also believe to some extent that he was forced to sign LE by ownership.

Anyway I really enjoy this version of the Canucks, I like the speed, the tenacity in many games. That does not make Benning a genius.
You believe they are serious 100% they are playing a game reef, don’t take so seriously .
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Roll with it, Ruffles, roll with it

I just can't let the likes of Bubbles throw a beat down on Genius for trading McCann and a 2nd for Gudbranson when his no. 1 - Nuckles throws bouquets at Chia Pet for trading Barzal and the 33rd overall pick for Griffin Reinhart

Where is Reinhart, where is Gudbranson and who'd you rather have combined with which package has more value - Barzal and the 33rd overall pick in an excellent draft class vs McCann and the 33rd overall?

Benning is miles ahead on this one, and yet Bubbles and Knuckles are way out to lunch on it. Brutal

Ask yourself this, Ruffles. Is Nuckles still loving the Oilers rebuild had they not won the McDavid lottery and instead drafted Strome like they should have? Benning has had everything stacked against him at every corner, if you ask me, JimBro is doing mightily despite the odds
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’d rather have neither at those prices. Reinhart might become a third pairing guy if he is lucky. It looks like thats all Erik Gudbranson will ever be as he approaches his 26th birthday.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I just want to win the cup.

Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh etc can have a GM screw up all they want, these teams all have won the cup recently so who cares. The biggest point thing for me is to plan in 4 years to make a run for the cup. Develop youth based upon that timeline.

Not my money I know but care a little less about ticket sales, work on development.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:I’m talking about RD and to some point Doc on how they do nothing but praise Benning for everything. RD posted 4-5 times already Saturday morning parroting the same thing over and over again. No one tells him to let it go but God help anyone who calls him on it because then we get called a whiner.

Does anyone ever think about why we get so few new people joining here? Maybe because if you try to have a debate or have a different option you get Doc with his quantity but not quality responses or parrot aka RD. I have no problem with a heated debate, I believe there is some good discussions when posters argue their point. Yes we all get out of hand with name calling which could be reduced.

Yes Doc, before you post a response trying to show how I, in your opinion, am wrong or I have contradicted myself, I am as guilty as others.

I do not think Benning is close to being a genius, he has done what any good GM should do in his position. I also believe to some extent that he was forced to sign LE by ownership.

Anyway I really enjoy this version of the Canucks, I like the speed, the tenacity in many games. That does not make Benning a genius.
Fuck off.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:
rats19 wrote:Explain the homerism comment a bit more for me please.

Do you mean towards the team or certain members?
I’m talking about RD and to some point Doc on how they do nothing but praise Benning for everything. RD posted 4-5 times already Saturday morning parroting the same thing over and over again. No one tells him to let it go but God help anyone who calls him on it because then we get called a whiner.

viewtopic.php?p=291646#p291646
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol this is funny shit
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:I’m talking about RD and to some point Doc on how they do nothing but praise Benning for everything. RD posted 4-5 times already Saturday morning parroting the same thing over and over again. No one tells him to let it go but God help anyone who calls him on it because then we get called a whiner.

Fuck off.
sorry I put too many words for you to understand.

Edit, sorry again Top I shouldn’t make fun of people with certain challenges.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

For what it's worth, i really appreciate the 'anti-genious' voice of reason that a few posters provide on here. The genious ranters get a little tiring... There's been numerous times ive came here only to see the same genious-drivel going on and i opted to move on in short order. So yeah, you can bet newbys to the site would be turned off by it. As much as posters wish to slag the other sites, there's usually a more reasoned/objective amount of dialogue that goes on there. Just saying.
cc oldtimer
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: No one tells RD to let it go but God help anyone who calls him on it because then we get called a whiner.
Lol so you consider yourself heroic for constantly attacking the Dude!

You think folks should see you as a HERO but they see you as a WHINER, how tragically unfair!! :lol:

(and now you're whining about being labeled a whiner)

Yeahno Ruffles, all the true reasons folks call you a "whiner" have been spelled out very clearly.

You either won't... or more likely can't... understand.
Reefer2 wrote: Does anyone ever think about why we get so few new people joining here? Maybe because if you try to have a debate or have a different option you get Doc with his quantity but not quality responses or parrot aka RD.
Or maybe they find your non-stop whining nauseating? :wow:

BTW you wouldn't know a "quality response" if it "tied you up and raped you, da do do do.."
Reefer2 wrote: I have no problem with a heated debate
You have never participated in anything remotely resembling a "debate" at this site.

I honestly believe you don't know the meaning of the word...
Reefer2 wrote: Yes Doc, before you post a response trying to show how I, in your opinion, am wrong or I have contradicted myself, I am as guilty as others.
WRONG... you are far more guilty than others! :D

Peace out homeboy!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

nuckster wrote:For what it's worth, i really appreciate the 'anti-genious' voice of reason that a few posters provide on here. The genious ranters get a little tiring... There's been numerous times ive came here only to see the same genious-drivel going on and i opted to move on in short order. So yeah, you can bet newbys to the site would be turned off by it. As much as posters wish to slag the other sites, there's usually a more reasoned/objective amount of dialogue that goes on there. Just saying.
I'm not surprised to see you post this Nuckster.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:
Topper wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: WHINE.... whine, whine, whine, whine...WHIIIIIIIIIIINE....
Fuck off.
sorry I put too many words for you to understand.

Edit, sorry again Top I shouldn’t make fun of people with certain challenges.
Ummmmmmmm......

viewtopic.php?p=272118#p272118
Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:36 am[/color] wrote: No disrespect Mick but sometimes I dont get your posts? Hell sometimes I dont get my posts a day later and I rarely get Doc's posts.
viewtopic.php?p=287491#p287491
Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:25 pm[/color] wrote:Am I the only person who has no freaking idea what ya all talking about?
:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: I just can't let the likes of Bubbles throw a beat down on Genius for trading McCann and a 2nd for Gudbranson when his no. 1 - Nuckles throws bouquets at Chia Pet for trading Barzal and the 33rd overall pick for Griffin Reinhart

Where is Reinhart, where is Gudbranson and who'd you rather have combined with which package has more value - Barzal and the 33rd overall pick in an excellent draft class vs McCann and the 33rd overall?
Deflect! Deflect!

Benning got cocked in the ass on the Gudbranson deal. And your rationalization is to point at Chiarelli because he got one in both ends on the Reinhart deal. That doesn't make Benning a genius, it just means he got fucked less than Chiarelli.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

IN dragging his bag across the dudes forehead

Coilers are a mess...they're more than one or 2 pieces from being a contender and once those big contracts take over it's going to be McD and Leon then garbage.

Definitely Benning building a group that could end up being far more valuable than a generational asset plus 1.
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Coilers are a mess...they're more than one or 2 pieces from being a contender and once those big contracts take over it's going to be McD and Leon then garbage.

Definitely Benning building a group that could end up being far more valuable than a generational asset plus 1.
Yeah it's surprising how bad Edmonton has been. Talbot has lost his confidence, Klefbom has been a no-show, and their depth hasn't been any help. The Hall deal looks worse by the day, and while Eberle had to go for the salary, they're missing his scoring from the wing. They've still got some big pieces to work with, including the second best player in the game next to Brock Boeser. But it's hard enough to win in this league even when you're making decent moves, and Chiarelli's recent moves do not inspire confidence.
Definitely Benning building a group that could end up being far more valuable than a generational asset plus 1
True to a point. Depth is essential, but if Boeser keeps this up, what do you think his ask his next summer? He could easily be a $7M bridge type. Definitely not enough to break the bank, but we know what happens when a promising group of youngsters gets paid big bucks to put up individual stats on a garbage team (you end up with Connor McDavid).