October / November OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
olpaddy wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Matthew Tkachuk - 4 goals 13 assists - Stalwart
Lol a 50 point pace is a bad thing for a 2nd year player. Gesus Christ
50 pt players playing in a secondary role at 19 yrs of age..
You can lead a horse to water Paddy...... I think they just don’t like that the kid plays like a prick.
I think it might be the fact he plays like a prick for another team at 19 years of age who can put up 50 pts a season doing it knowing it should of been here...

The Prick outta control portion of the discussion bad for Hockey is fine when he is your guy... See Alex Burrows biting the hand or at least some fingers that doesn't feed him as a prime example...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Taychook is exactly the type of asshole who would do well and be welcomed if he were Canuck property. To me that isn't an issue.

The only real issue to me is one that only time will answer.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
olpaddy wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Lol a 50 point pace is a bad thing for a 2nd year player. Gesus Christ
50 pt players playing in a secondary role at 19 yrs of age..
You can lead a horse to water Paddy...... I think they just don’t like that the kid plays like a prick.
I think it might be the fact he plays like a prick for another team at 19 years of age who can put up 50 pts a season doing it knowing it should of been here...

The Prick outta control portion of the discussion bad for Hockey is fine when he is your guy... See Alex Burrows biting the hand or at least some fingers that doesn't feed him as a prime example...
But Blob always made it clear he despised Mr Burrows for that biting incident (among others)

... at a time when Mr Burrows was a 50+ point player. :santa:

Truth is Bubbly Blob hates players like Tkapuke

... but see, that truth conflicts with his Bash Benning Agenda.

Blobby also despised Matt Cooke in his prime, among others...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Burrows was more of a rat than an actual dirty player. I liked Burrows until a little after the Auger incident. Tkachuk seems like he will back up his shit bit more than the biter. Either way he was he better player at selection 5 and this team needs more young talent in spades. I also like Marchand better than Burrows as well.

Cooke was just a dirty turtle with about a quarter of the talent of Tkachuk
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Now that I think about it...

His Tkakook-backing is probably a combo of AGENDA + Blobby's love of the Flames these days. :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cool story. I think the cow shit stench in Agassiz is polluting your pea brain. I hate the Flames
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well of course you"re not going to admit it!

... but I think I proved my case over the last few months. :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You’ve proven nothing but you have given a hell of an effort.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbee "Enrico Ciccone" Macenzzi. Old School Eddie Shore
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Tkachuk seems like he will back up his shit bit more than the biter.

I don't know about that. From the things I've seen lately, he's showing a lot of "toughness" from the safe confines of the bench or with players and referees in between him and the guy ready to throttle him.

He only has three fights on his record and can you really count Wennberg?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/23054/videos

McNabb and Cramarossa are not exactly a rogues gallery. None this year despite having two ratlike incidents deemed worthy of suspension...and we aren't even half way through the year yet.

Now don't get me wrong, burrows did some weak shit. A bite and one incident of hairpulling notwithstanding, most of his garbage work, or at least the consistent stream of it, took place before 2011 or so. Please correct me if I'm wrong. While not always one to drop the gloves he did at least show up from time to time and actually has people you wouldn't exactly call pushovers on his fight card during that time (no I'm not counting Pierre Marc Bouchard): http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1747/videos
I also like Marchand better than Burrows as well.
Not sure if its so much the case now that he's proven to be a skilled offensive producer but until a few years ago he was more of a rat than burrows ever was, even if measured by the most die-hard burrows hating Calgary flames fan. On a side note I find it hilarious reading said flames fans defend and rationalize Tkachuk after how many years of endless railing against burrows' antics.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He’s absolutely a shit rat Rocky. I think the thing I find most amusing is the absolute vitriol he gets from the three amigos. It’s because they know Elmer duffed the pick.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:He’s absolutely a shit rat Rocky. I think the thing I find most amusing is the absolute vitriol he gets from the three amigos. It’s because they know Elmer duffed the pick.
I swore out loud when Elmer passed him up but I'll admit to now being a little glad he did seeing his gutless antics thus far. Just crossing my fingers joulevi turns out to be solid. Personally I don't mind if it takes longer for him as he is not required yet anyways.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kadri, Marchand, etc they only are good if you're team is a contender and have big backup to protect you, imagine Marchand without Chara and Lucic to protect you?

He'd be killed. Chara is about to retire.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I have always liked Marchand.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:Kadri, Marchand, etc they only are good if you're team is a contender and have big backup to protect you, imagine Marchand without Chara and Lucic to protect you?

He'd be killed. Chara is about to retire.
I think Marchand or Tkachuk will be fine. There is very little fighting or retribution or even hitting in th game anymore. The guys that actually hit and or fight these days are few and far between and are loathed by the pantywaist crew of which there ar a few on this board