The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Thats harsh man.
If you need air...call it in
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:07 pm Projects? So you know the endgame already?
If you know something about the grand Master Plan that explains how the players Benning drafted in 2018 are not part of the palette for the Masterpiece, but are just valuable trade assets to be flipped for something else as the plan comes to fruition, please share.
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:07 pm Woo at 6’-0 200 lbs is small? Yeah/k
Not small, just not significantly or imposingly big. Just a little bit smaller than an average NHL player in 2004.

https://hockey-graphs.com/2015/02/19/nh ... rief-look/

Certainly not big enough to bring the Canucks 2018 draft class up to the 2014 average.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

RG you still watching Don Cherrys rock em sock em hockey videos on VHS?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:27 pm RG you still watching Don Cherrys rock em sock em hockey videos on VHS?
No, I've never seen one.

I'm going to extrapolate where you were going, rather than request clarification. I think my posting history makes it pretty clear that I think hockey is more entertaining to watch when it is a game of skill rather than a game of cheap thuggery. However, even as a casual fan the sting of 2011 remains fresh, and I have yet to be convinced that the League has come to same conclusion about the kind of product it wants to market.

If you have better insight on the direction the League is taking, please share.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, well that’s the million dollar question where the game is going, am I the only in hockey earth that says the game is changing to a more high tempo, speed, skill, quick transitional game where there is no room for errors like consistently getting penalties from poor positional play, poor gap control having a poor stick, chasing hits, consistently being on the wrong side of the puck etc.

There is no obstructing a player without the puck anymore. Officials are being way tighter with interference, holding, picking, slashing the stick etc., which has opened the door for the small, speedy skilled players big time. You’re just being an ass if you think the game hasn’t changed this way. Sorry but your Dana Murzyns wouldn’t even get a cup of coffee in the NHL today.

You wearing bell bottoms. where a long leather coat, with leathered high heeled boots and sport an Afro RG?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:02 pm Remember - Blob is 5’-11” and on record has said he floats between 230 lbs and 240 lbs.

In my mind, I see a picture of health
Yeah no. I said I hit that weight for a brief period. 6 ft 215 atm my friend
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:52 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:02 pm Remember - Blob is 5’-11” and on record has said he floats between 230 lbs and 240 lbs.

You’re not!

Try 5’-10-1/2” 225 lbs
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:54 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:52 pm

You’re not!

Try 5’-10-1/2” 225 lbs
If I’m 5 ft 10 you are you are 5ft 7.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:50 pm There is no obstructing a player without the puck anymore. Officials are being way tighter with interference, holding, picking, slashing the stick etc., which has opened the door for the small, speedy skilled players big time.
Terrific. I sincerely look forward to watching more of this brave new NHL, especially the next time the Canucks are in the Stanley Cup final.

And -- just checking, mind you -- there will also be no cheap hits to injure, and no need for players to protect themselves or each other through fighting, right ?
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:50 pm You ... sport an Afro RG?
Sadly, no. I would be very pleased to be able to grow an Afro.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:55 pm If I’m 5 ft 10 you are you are 5ft 7.
Not that there's anything wrong with that -- in the NHL of the Future.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have no problem with short people. Dude for whatever reason is adamant that I’m 5ft 10. 6ft all day, every day. He is riddled with back hair, with a pretty big shit bag, a few chins, tiny little bird legs,skinny Kermit the frog pipes and has slightly more strands than Doc. He could be 6 ft tall if he puts his KISS boots on, they go great with his spandex pants and wife beater.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Did you know that Blob once bragged about his “beer shelf”?

A beer shelf is when a big beer bellied red neck, 5’-11” 235 lbs like Blob sits down in his lawn chair and where his belly meets his rib cage a level shelf is formed by his belly (a plateau), capable of supporting a paper plate of BBQ’ed Maui ribs, cole slaw, Ripple chips, a polski ogorki pickle and a plastic cup of Russell’s draft beer while watching slow pitch ball in Haney
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:39 pm Did you know that Blob once bragged about his “beer shelf”?

A beer shelf is when a big beer bellied red neck, 5’-11” 235 lbs like Blob sits down in his lawn chair and where his belly meets his rib cage a level shelf is formed by his belly (a plateau), capable of supporting a paper plate of BBQ’ed Maui ribs, cole slaw, Ripple chips, a polski ogorki pickle and a plastic cup of Russell’s draft beer while watching slow pitch ball in Haney
Hmmm ribs.

I’m hungry.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s called an ab shelter :lol:

Thing is I actually have abs under the blubber. You have as much muscle tone as Tony Gallagher underneath the Chris Farley build.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Duncan Keith, who I consider the prototypical mobile yet tough, skilled yet hard-hitting, modern defenceman, it's 6'1 , 192 lbs.

For an 18 year old to play at 200 lbs is frankly freakish. He has to be thicc to play at that weight.