The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post by rockalt »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm If you weren't impressed with Tkachuks game at the WJC's then get off the glue. Even ole Ray Ferraro says he's taking Thachuk 2nd overall.
:lol: Right then, based on fuck all!

It really depends on who's drafting in that position so it's odd that you'd be so confident given there's no consensus. Hopefully the Canucks will simply get lucky and be able to add another top end talent in this draft.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And this is coming from the same poster who still refuses to admit that Mathew Tkachuk was a far better draft pick than Olli Juolevi . He’s a clown
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 am
SKYO wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:53 am Oiler fans are fucking choked right now, they want everyone gone except McDavid.
Milan the Pastry Chef Lucic and his delicious Turnovers ain't going anywhere.

How's Ryan Strome
How's Kris Russell
How's Puljiarvi
How's Talbot
How's Larsson
What they get for Yakupov?
How's Reinhart?
Where's Schultz? Where's Davidson?

Chiarelli - genius!
Lol Poolparty is crap but Juolevi is a stud. Keep the laughs coming . One guy is an NHLer and the other has been a healthy scratch at times in the Finnish beer league.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:47 pm ...and the other has been a healthy scratch at times in the Finnish beer league.
Did you write this one, Blobby?
https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-olli-juolevi-hype/
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:47 pm ...and the other has been a healthy scratch at times in the Finnish beer league.
Did you write this one, Blobby?
https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-olli-juolevi-hype/
Lol not me but it must be frustrating to the “we had to draft a d man because” crowd that Sergachev, Macevoy and Chychrun are looking good in the league while Olli looks nowhere near playing in the NHL. Or Tkachuk who’s well on his way to being a top 3 forward.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Only a fucking idiot would say we have to draft a d man. Once again this team is thin at every skating position and not drafting the best player available is asinine. One needs to look no further than 2014 and 2016 when the Elmer drafted for perceived need and took a dump in the top 6. BPA Elmer BPA.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

I think the Canucks definitely need to address their defense. They usually take longer to develop and you have a decent amount of forwards ready to go. Dont want to end up in an Edmonton situation where you are burning your cheap entry level years still trying to balance your team out.

Having said that if theres a forward who is clearly a better prospect you cant reach. Trading down i suppose is also a possibility.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:56 pm Only a fucking idiot would say we have to draft a d man. Once again this team is thin at every skating position and not drafting the best player available is asinine. One needs to look no further than 2014 and 2016 when the Elmer drafted for perceived need and took a dump in the top 6. BPA Elmer BPA.
It's so cute when you put down your broom, take a sip from your flask,

and tell the guy who makes more in one year than you'll make in your lifetime... how to do his job! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 pm tell the guy who makes more in one year than you'll make in your lifetime... how to do his job! :mrgreen:
I guess we should stop giving Brian money and just pack 'er in then? :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 pm tell the guy who makes more in one year than you'll make in your lifetime... how to do his job! :mrgreen:
There's more to posting on a fucking Canucks message board than being condescending towards your fucking Canucks GM.

Why, I'd say 99% of the posts here are something other than dat dere. :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:56 pm Only a fucking idiot would say we have to draft a d man. Once again this team is thin at every skating position and not drafting the best player available is asinine. One needs to look no further than 2014 and 2016 when the Elmer drafted for perceived need and took a dump in the top 6. BPA Elmer BPA.
It's so cute when you put down your broom, take a sip from your flask,

and tell the guy who makes more in one year than you'll make in your lifetime... how to do his job! :mrgreen:
LOL at least I don’t live in Abbotsford. What’s the average house worth out there ? 100 K ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 pm LOL at least I don’t live in Abbotsford. What’s the average house worth out there ? 100 K ?
Great point Essondale! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:06 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 pm LOL at least I don’t live in Abbotsford. What’s the average house worth out there ? 100 K ?
Great point Essondale! :lol:
Hey apparently I just sweep a floor. Your words :lol:
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:46 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm
There's more to posting on a fucking Canucks message board than being condescending towards your fucking Canucks GM.
I think you stung him, IN. Yours was, to my way of thinking, the definitive rebuttal.
Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:46 pm Why, I'd say 99% of the posts here are something other than dat dere. :eh:
I'm not volunteering to do an inventory, but it seems to me that a significant part of the Canucks Corner Chat segment of the board is about what the professionals who actually run the Canucks should be doing.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:24 pm I think you stung him, IN. Yours was, to my way of thinking, the definitive rebuttal.

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:24 pm I'm not volunteering to do an inventory, but it seems to me that a significant part of the Canucks Corner Chat segment of the board is about what the professionals who actually run the Canucks should be doing.
But that's not what I said Cliffy. :hmmm:

I said that "99% of the posts here are something other than condescending towards your Canucks GM".

See, I was bugging our friend Bubbles about his condescending tone towards the guy who makes 40 times what he makes.

(doing the very job Bubbles fantasizes doing)

Can't you see how hilarious that is?!! :lol:

All in good fun, gosh you're spritzy tonight Clifford, what's up with you bro? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.