The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:41 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:29 am
Lancer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:21 am Did Benning trade his 6th pick? Can’t see the pick on the SN tracker.
Yes

Verified account

@Canucks
1m1 minute ago
More
We've traded the 161st pick for Washington's 186th selection this year and their 6th round pick in 2019.

Benning loading up for 2019. LOL
Bubble on suicide watch
Cool story.., what’s going on in the big smoke today? Did you wander over to Trail or Nelson to see the movie of the week?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob. Lots of water and some Advil. The wrong side of the bed will eventually become the right side
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:18 pmCool story.., what’s going on in the big smoke today? Did you wander over to Trail or Nelson to see the movie of the week?
Looking after the kid as he recovers from a concussion. He crashed at a riding clinic last Sunday and busted his helmet. Today was his second day of waking up without a headache or dizziness. Otherwise he'd be at the clinic again and racing in Spokane tonight.

Nose cased a double and went over the bars. Top of the helmet hit the ground, chin bar hit the neck brace and compressed enough to crack the lid near the ears/jaw line. Liner pressed into his scalp hard enough to leave a crosshatch pattern of small cuts on his head. Don't want to think about what may have been without the neck brace.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:18 pmCool story.., what’s going on in the big smoke today? Did you wander over to Trail or Nelson to see the movie of the week?
Looking after the kid as he recovers from a concussion. He crashed at a riding clinic last Sunday and busted his helmet. Today was his second day of waking up without a headache or dizziness. Otherwise he'd be at the clinic again and racing in Spokane tonight.

Nose cased a double and went over the bars. Top of the helmet hit the ground, chin bar hit the neck brace and compressed enough to crack the lid near the ears/jaw line. Liner pressed into his scalp hard enough to leave a crosshatch pattern of small cuts on his head. Don't want to think about what may have been without the neck brace.
Does he race dirt bikes?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BMX racing

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

sagebrush wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:52 pm Here's hoping Benning & Co know lots about .... the direction of NHL officiating (will crushing checks on small guys be called). A risky move this is.
This is the key to the whole draft. Meat and potatoes ? Maybe Benning meant he wanted to make sure that's what the Canucks' dietitians were recommending to bulk up his slight draft picks.

Ideally, this where the Canucks see some payoff from hiring Jim "good ol' boy" Benning and Trevor "you owe me for ending the lockout" Linden, and they have an inside track on which way the League is going. Maybe some people on the inside get to know that, with the concern over head-injury lawsuits, it's going to become a League focused on skill and skating. Just a few years too late for it to pay off for the last time the Canucks peaked.

Tough day for Strangelove, I suppose. The management team he loves drafted a roster he hates that will only succeed in the kind of league he hates. I know he can handle a rebuild, but will this be too much ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It is a tough day for Strangelove. His gout is flared up again and his size six earth pads are swollen up like a balloon, just like his belly. This is what happens when you live on a diet of homemade beer, oysters and crayfish. Hopefully Ol’ Strands will roll out of the rack later today and give us some input on how the draft went for Vancouver
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 pm It is a tough day for Strangelove. His gout is flared up again and his size six earth pads are swollen up like a balloon, just like his belly. This is what happens when you live on a diet of homemade beer, oysters and crayfish. Hopefully Ol’ Strands will roll out of the rack later today and give us some input on how the draft went for Vancouver
Woo

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 pm It is a tough day for Strangelove. His gout is flared up again and his size six earth pads are swollen up like a balloon, just like his belly. This is what happens when you live on a diet of homemade beer, oysters and crayfish. Hopefully Ol’ Strands will roll out of the rack later today and give us some input on how the draft went for Vancouver
Hahahaha holy fuck i cried...you gotta love a deep Blob power roast
If you need air...call it in
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:53 pm
Woo
6 feet tall and/or 200 (lean) pounds (and I have no doubt young Mr. Woo is lean) puts a man at the smallest end of "big guys" in Western Canada, and, I would submit, the NHL. Even if Tryamkin comes back, Team Masterpiece projects to be one of the shortest and lightest on average in the 21st century NHL.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Remember - Blob is 5’-11” and on record has said he floats between 230 lbs and 240 lbs.

In my mind, I see a picture of health
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Woo
6 feet tall and/or 200 (lean) pounds (and I have no doubt young Mr. Woo is lean) puts a man at the smallest end of "big guys" in Western Canada, and, I would submit, the NHL. Even if Tryamkin comes back, Team Masterpiece projects to be one of the shortest and lightest on average in the 21st century NHL.
Hes listed at 6' 205" which is a big difference at age 18. Hes a thick kid already and with a few years of diet and nutrition should end up playing at around 215+ if he puts in the gym time. Thats going to make him a hard hitting dman in the near future. Lets just hope his skills will match the muscle
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Woo
Projects? So you know the endgame already?

Woo at 6’-0 200 lbs is small? Yeah/k
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Barring health John Woo should tear it up in the WHL next season.
*jett
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:02 pm Remember - Blob is 5’-11” and on record has said he floats between 230 lbs and 240 lbs.

In my mind, I see a picture of health
C'mon RD, everyone says you have so much more to give.

Tell me more about why all the Genius draft picks were better than the other players available at the same draft position.

Tell me about how the Adaptable Genius has adjusted the blueprint on the fly and is building a team to win at the kind of hockey that will be played in the NHL in the 2020s. Tell me about how you and The Genius have figured out that the game is changing (no, for real this time).

Be your best poster.