Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 am Lucic for Eriksson! Bad deal for bad deal...

Why not...
That is like so exactly right, LOL
Tiger would like it though ;)
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 am I thought they were called “astroturfers”. Yep there are some real beauties over there
That’s the word they used, lol astroturfers
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Interesting look at buyout targets.

One guy that jumps out is Matt Hunwick, 2 more years at $2.25 mil. Pitt is desperate for cap space, and has said they won't buy him out.

He'd probably crack the top-6, and if not the Canucks can afford to bury him. Might be worth a 3rd to take him off Pitt's hands?

Coburn is another guy that might get forced out, only one more year at $3.7 mil. Taking Callahan for the next 2 years would get a better return, but at least Coburn is more likely to contribute to the team.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:42 am
SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 am The HF "mods" let me go - lol.

I'm too hardcore to the thier weakling's..
Lol there such idiots over there, I like how they think the Canucks have “paid shills” posting on the site.
HA! A half-doz called me that last time I visited ON MY FIRST DAY BACK after a long hiatus

... even though it says under my avatar I've been a member since Feb, 2002.

(actually I've been a member since shortly after the site came into existence)

But I'm a “paid shill working for Jim Benning”... because I said something positive about the man. :crazy:

The group-think hysteria is beyond redemption, these folks are soooo high on their own farts.

I challenge anyone to go over there and say something good about GMJB.

You'll be swarmed by a thousand rabid mice! HFCanucks should be quarantined.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

They got their panties tied in knots and deleted all my posts because I wrote, "We are all Jim Benning."
What was that about? Haven't been back. Can't accept my pearls of wisdom just being discarded like so much trash, even if they are. :D
They need some Benning sensitivity training. Kind of like Starbucks did for their out-to-lunch racist employees.
But I'm not sure it would help. I think there is some undiagnosed major DSM-IIIR shit going on with a few more posters over there than there is here, at least with the posters that seem to have the mods' ears, or perhaps they are the mods?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I'm glad you see it for what it is CP.

BEYOND REDEMPTION
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Straight up swap, Galchenyuk for Domi.

:o
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:55 pm Straight up swap, Galchenyuk for Domi.

:o
Yeeeup, the only way to explain this trade is that Galchenyuk likes to "party" (<- code word). Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'm of the opinion to change the dmen culture here in Canuckland is to trade for a top tier dman, ala Nonis changing the goalie graveyard to goalie haven by acquiring Luongo way back when..

Henceforth I'm all in on acquiring EKarlsson.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:44 pm I'm of the opinion to change the dmen culture here in Canuckland is to trade for a top tier dman, ala Nonis changing the goalie graveyard to goalie haven by acquiring Luongo way back when..

I’m with you.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:08 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:44 pm I'm of the opinion to change the dmen culture here in Canuckland is to trade for a top tier dman, ala Nonis changing the goalie graveyard to goalie haven by acquiring Luongo way back when..

I’m with you.
Cost is too high.

The Luongo trade happened at just the right time for both franchises, but more for us. We had Bertuzzi, a star power forward who desperately needed a change of scenery, and Florida had a star goaltender who was due a new contract and negotiating with an ass hat named Mike Keenan.

Currently we don't have the star power to part with in such a trade, and we would be blowing our own brains out if we included one of Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, or Demko, in such a transaction.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 pm

I’m with you.
Cost is too high.

The Luongo trade happened at just the right time for both franchises, but more for us. We had Bertuzzi, a star power forward who desperately needed a change of scenery, and Florida had a star goaltender who was due a new contract and negotiating with an ass hat named Mike Keenan.

Currently we don't have the star power to part with in such a trade, and we would be blowing our own brains out if we included one of Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, or Demko, in such a transaction.
if you could acquire said services without giving up Bo, Boeser, Pettersson or Demko?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:02 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 pm

I’m with you.
Cost is too high.

if you could acquire said services without giving up Bo, Boeser, Pettersson or Demko?
I would consider it. I can't see Ottawa finding much attractive in an offer from us though.

Tanev + Eriksson (50% retained for 1 year) + 7th overall + 2019 1st + Goldobin + Hutton + 2019 3rd

Eriksson + Gaborik

I suspect the GM who pulled the trigger on that in Ottawa would be ridden out of town by an angry mob. It's a fair offer, but no hometown fan is ever going to be happy seeing a guy like Karlsson leave for a return that doesn't include a star player.

From a Canucks fan's perspective, I wouldn't want to see that deal made unless Karlsson was signing at least a 6 year extension.
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

Mëds wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 pm Tanev + Eriksson (50% retained for 1 year) + 7th overall + 2019 1st + Goldobin + Hutton + 2019 3rd

Eriksson + Gaborik
Gotta think there is zero chance we trade the 2019 1st when we are hosting the draft.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rede wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:55 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 pm Tanev + Eriksson (50% retained for 1 year) + 7th overall + 2019 1st + Goldobin + Hutton + 2019 3rd

Eriksson + Gaborik
Gotta think there is zero chance we trade the 2019 1st when we are hosting the draft.
Oh right. Good point. I forgot about that.