Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
SKYO wrote:To get Draisaitl...
Does anyone seriously think the coil will move this player? I know its summer and all but christ almighty thats reaching
Nah, but on goodol'hf a few oil fans commended a canucks poster about the horvat/tanev offer for draisaitl, saying it was a fair offer, but tanev is player they don't need as much anymore as they need a right side qb.

But yeah that's not happening, they'll re-sign Draisaitl eventually they have no choice, however they gotta pay up bigger dollars than they expected imho, Leon is a beast out there, dominating like a Toews/Getzlaf hybrid = $9M - $10M per type player, which Draisaitl will get if not this year then in a year or two after a large bridge contract.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I wonder if Eriksson will eventually won't want to be a part of the Canucks rebuild and OK's a trade to say a team like the Predators, whom have cap space now that Fisher retired.

IIRC David Poile wanted or expressed interest in possibly signing Eriksson when he was an UFA
Ahead of the opening of the NHL free agent market Friday, the Predators have expressed interest in and spoken to pending free agent forwards Andrew Ladd and Loui Eriksson, according to agent J.P. Barry.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/ ... /86509548/

Granted
Eriksson has provided strong puck possession and goals-for over the past three seasons for the Bruins, something that Vancouver has been lacking outside of the Sedins.
Fancy Stats:
Eriksson (Van) second line scoring, plays all sits, draws penalties, slightly buried, slightly high QoC. pic.twitter.com/jp8XOJWLnu
— Micah Blake McCurdy (@IneffectiveMath) July 1, 2016
But who knows, maybe coach Green can utilize Eriksson's skillset much better than Willie did, this situation is much preferred.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote:But who knows, maybe coach Green can utilize Eriksson's skillset much better than Willie did, this situation is much preferred.
I think that only helps the Canucks if the scenario you opened with also transpires, i.e.
SKYO wrote:I wonder if Eriksson will eventually won't want to be a part of the Canucks rebuild and OK's a trade to say a team like the Predators, whom have cap space now that Fisher retired.
and Canucks' ownership/management group flip yet another veteran for yet another pick at the deadline, with a strong market and many bids for Eriksson's services.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

In any case Ronning, I think this is a year to build up value in all the players on the roster, you can't make good hockey trades if you don't have the ammo to pull the trigger on a solid deal.

With some depth pieces added july 1st, I think those low-key moves will help everyone on this team play better in the big grande scheme of things.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Mëds wrote:
Horvat put up 54 points playing with tweeners while receiving minimal PP minutes for most of the season. Put him on a PP with McDavid and he's scoring an additional 10 points without breaking a sweat. Given him a legit top-6 linemate and he gets another 5 points there. Suddenly he's closing in on 70 points.
I agree that Horvat's ceiling would be 70 points in an ideal situation.

But Draisatl hit 77 points as a sophomore 2nd line center/1st unit PP. He was over a PPG in the playoffs.His ceiling is probably over 90 points.
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Does anyone seriously think the coil will move this player? I know its summer and all but christ almighty thats reaching

Hmm, I didn't see "seriously" anywhere in the thread title :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Horvat put up 54 points playing with tweeners while receiving minimal PP minutes for most of the season. Put him on a PP with McDavid and he's scoring an additional 10 points without breaking a sweat. Given him a legit top-6 linemate and he gets another 5 points there. Suddenly he's closing in on 70 points.

But Draisatl hit 77 points as a sophomore 2nd line center/1st unit PP. He was over a PPG in the playoffs.His ceiling is probably over 90 points.
Uncle dans leg wrote:

I would like to see how much of his Regular season production was while playing with McDavid, not even strength and PP.

Playoffs he was incredible for them.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Yes, he was.

All while the oppositions top checkers were glued to McD.

Talented dude, but he is batting clean up.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

BladesofSteel wrote:Yes, he was.

All while the oppositions top checkers were glued to McD.

Talented dude, but he is batting clean up.
Draisatl is no McDavid, fair enough.

But as an almost-PPG center at 21, I think to this team he'd be worth $9 mil/year.

Can the Oil afford $21 mil locked up in 2 players? Add in Lucic and Nuge, they have $33 mil on 2 star centers and 2 50-ish point forwards.

Does anybody have a grasp on the Oilers bonuses? Seems like they may have gone over their remaining cap space in 2016-17, but its not apparent from capfriendly.com where that winds up.

EDIT:found it. Just under $1 mil in overages for Edmonton, and a whopping $5.37 mil for the Laffs!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Draisaitl allegedly turned down 8 years $64M.
random dude on the interwebs, C/RW Leon Draisaitl reported turned down 8 years/$64M as of 2 weeks ago according to league source. #Oilers
IF true, he wants that Kopitar cash a$ap.
TSN Ryan Rishaug also tweeted about the Leon Draisaitl contract negotiations, saying, “Wonder what 97 at $13.25 (million per) would mean for Draisaitl negotiation? Comps probly put him 7-8 range but $5m less than 97 could be tough sell.” He added later: “My sense is Draisaitl ask on an 8 year deal could push 9m per season. Oilers I’d guess would think 7-8 range based on comps.” Hmmm. This doesn’t sound so encouraging, does it? But such is life in the NHL.
Friedman even threw out there early in the summer "say the oilers sign Draisaitl at $10M per" or something to that effect, I knew it was 10m though, & saying how they can work around that.

Evengi Malkin talked about the leaves and Oilers as the new hotness teams to watch out for thanks to their young superstars.

I just think if not this year, then within the next coupla years (if he gets a 1 or 2 year bridge) Draisaitl will get his $10M per, I know he won't take a 3 year bridge like some sucker dude like Tampa Bay Lightning Nikita Kucherov who got bent over the barrel.

$9M-$10M per for Leon and he signs no prob'.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If the Oilers really want their dynasty, they will have to find a way to lock-up Leon.
Connor doesn't come with a no injury guaranty. It's really not a matter of if, just when and how bad, long, etc.
Some don't like Malkin much but he has rallied and been a fantastic leader when Crosby has been down.
It has worked amazingly well for them.
Through all this, the Pens have had one great defense man too. Letang, and before him, Gonchar in his prime.
They have managed to move out then acquire the right pieces for many years now.
It's actually quite impressive.
Heavy Sigh. :(
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I for one thought the Pens dynasty was over before it began - one Cup, 7 years of Crosby/Malkin/Letang's primes without getting back to the SCF, injuries piling up, declining production from Crosby and Malkin.

Full credit to Rutherford.

I think LA's window is closed. The Hawks are reminding of the Pens 5 years ago - seemingly unable to get over the hump, unable to win playoff series that most would have thought they'd take, yet still listed as a Cup contender every year. Based on Bowman's recent moves, I'm not sure he's the man to turn them around a la Rutherford in Pit.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ESQ wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Uncle dans leg wrote:

I've been seriously dreaming of acquiring one of those 8 hose hooka pipes the A-rabs use in their harems...so yes...there can be serious pipe dreams
If you need air...call it in
Nucknuck
AHL Prospect

Post by Nucknuck »

There's no way Edmonton is letting Draisatl go anywhere. The only chance we had to get him was at the draft when Benning could have offered the Oilers a package to move down three spots to pick number six. Instead they get a franchise player and we get Jake Virtanen.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nucknuck wrote:There's no way Edmonton is letting Draisatl go anywhere. The only chance we had to get him was at the draft when Benning could have offered the Oilers a package to move down three spots to pick number six. Instead they get a franchise player and we get Jake Virtanen.
Whine all you want, imagine how the Sabres fans feel who could have drafted Leon without doing the extremely rare - trading up into the top 3 in the draft.

1 Florida Aaron Ekblad D Barrie Colts [OHL] 227gp 37 59 96pts 131pim
2 Buffalo Sam Reinhart C Kootenay Ice [WHL] 167gp 40 50 90pts 18pim
3 Edmonton Leon Draisaitl C Prince Albert Raiders [WHL] 191gp 50 87pts 137pts 44pim
- playoffs (beastmode) 13gp 6g 10a 16pts 19pim
4 Calgary Sam Bennett C Kingston Frontenacs [OHL] 159gp 31 32 63pts 112pim (last season 26 points total)
5 NY Islanders Michael Dal Colle L Oshawa Generals [OHL] 000000 zero
6 Vancouver Jake Virtanen R Calgary Hitmen [WHL] 65gp 7 7 14pts 47pim
7 Carolina Haydn Fleury D Red Deer Rebels [WHL] 00000 zero
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Does anyone seriously think the coil will move this player?
They moved Gretzky, didn't they? :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.