Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The 33rd overall in a great draft is probably more valuable than McCann. Have gander at the players chosen in the 2016 2nd round Pacific Blue
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Probably I don’t take Strome over Boeser , but at that draft NOBODY would have taken Boeser before Strome. I still think the kid can be a Johansen type player while you seem to have some irrational hatred of the kids family. We have all applauded Benning on the Boeser pick. The whole issue is you are unable to admit the guy has made some mistakes. You are very obtuse is your defence of every single transaction the made has made here.
What about what your favourite - GM Sweeney what he picked with the 14th, 15th, 16th pick of the same draft with all that quality still available - Barzal, Boeser, Chabot, Connor? All the while taking pastrnak and McAvoy. You win some, you lose some. The book isn't written on Juolevi. Most people will tell you if they had to pick between a top 6 winger and a top 2 d-man they'd take the defenceman. Wingers are 4th on the list of priority of important positions to have strength in - Goaltending, Centre and Defence all take precedence over the Winger, we had already drafted two wingers in the first of the two previous drafts - Boeser and Virtanen. Prior to the draft everyone was saying the Canucks need to fix their future on defence. There were a lot of moans for not drafting Tkachuk but at the same time the same moaners appreciated the decision. But let's remember one important thing here, let's sit back and wait to give proper judgment on Juolevi. Do you not think that is fair Bibbles?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The 33rd overall in a great draft is probably more valuable than McCann. Have gander at the players chosen in the 2016 2nd round Pacific Blue
I do like Jonathan Dahlen at 42nd and Will Lockwood at 64th.

Asplund is 35th in scoring in the SHL with 4 goals 12 assists. Pettersen is 1st with 11 goals 25 assists. Asplund is two years older than Pettersen
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And I like Debrincat, Kyrou, Krys, Girard, Katchouk and the other kid Tampa took Raddysh.Or only Canucks prospects are any good right lol ?Yzerman is the motherfucking genius if anyone is.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Olli is not projecting as a top 2 just yet Pacific Blue. If he does ,great but he’s not even a top pairing guy on Tram Finaland at the WJC this year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And lol Asplund is 11 months older.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:And I like Debrincat, Kyrou, Krys, Girard, Katchouk and the other kid Tampa took Raddysh.Or only Canucks prospects are any good right lol ?Yzerman is the motherfucking genius if anyone is.
You not like the prospects of Dahlen and Lockwood? Dahlen was a star at last years WJC's. Lockwood is that speedster piss and vinegar you so desire.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:And lol Asplund is 11 months older.
Me bad. But regardless, Asplund isn't looking Stalwart mate. Pettersen - generational.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Olli is not projecting as a top 2 just yet Pacific Blue. If he does ,great but he’s not even a top pairing guy on Tram Finaland at the WJC this year.
Again let's just wait and see how Juolevi plays out. Fair, no?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:And lol Asplund is 11 months older.
Me bad. But regardless, Asplund isn't looking Stalwart mate. Pettersen - generational.
What about the other half dozen guys I listed off ( and there are more , it was an excellent ,deep draft) , I didn’t even mention Asplund. Point is this team needs to continue to add to the prospect pool. Look at Tampa they constantly have young talented players at all positions throughout their organization.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Olli is not projecting as a top 2 just yet Pacific Blue. If he does ,great but he’s not even a top pairing guy on Tram Finaland at the WJC this year.
Well we have to , don’t we ? I just hope they draft bpa in 2018 and not overlook a kid because his dad used to smack Trevor around back in the day .
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Well we have to , don’t we ? I just hope they draft bpa in 2018 and not overlook a kid because his dad used to smack Trevor around back in the day .
And that is why they didn't draft Tkachuk, folks. BPA? Your BPA list? Your neighbours BPA list? Who's BPA list we talking about? Was Pettersen your BPA when the 5th pick came up? BPA is an unknown until 2-3 years after said draft. Although I will say this, to be leading the SHL in scoring as an 18 year old - Pettersen is generational.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pretty much every draft list that was publicly available or online had Tkachuk ahead of Olli and you know this.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pretty much every draft list that was publicly available or online had Tkachuk ahead of Olli and you know this.
Trevor Linden has been on record saying that it was a tough decision, not enough seperation they surmised at the time and so it came down to positional need between the two. The future D was atrocious looking and they had chosen two wingers in the first round of the previous two drafts. I don't get the rage Bibbles but whatever cranks your top
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s always bpa. Every year no matter what in the first round.