Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 am Lol Blob is 6 ft 220.... I did hit 240 a few years back. I should be 200 even but those last twenty pounds are hell to get off
Munchies n beer’ll do it bloberino... as in not having... lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:07 am Obviously ESQ will point to his icetime last season during the hottest stretch of his career and pronounce him a top 9 guy to prove his point that injuries were such a huge factor in the Canucks shitty season.
Seriously? :roll:

ESQ was involved in a discussion about how much injuries hurt the team last season.

And Dorsett was a top 9 guy last season.

Now, by the power vested in me by God and man, I hereby declare Esquire the winner of this debate!

You may kiss the clownfish.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 am Doc is 5ft 6 , 275 lbs
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 am Blob is 6 ft 220.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:02 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:07 am Obviously ESQ will point to his icetime last season during the hottest stretch of his career and pronounce him a top 9 guy to prove his point that injuries were such a huge factor in the Canucks shitty season.

ESQ was involved in a discussion about how much injuries hurt the team last season.

Now, by the power vested in me by God and man, I hereby declare Esquire the winner of this debate!

Lol he was a top 9 forward for 20 games. He previously was a 4th liner his entire career.m
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=82715

Tend to signify enforcer, no?
Where ever he was though, always heard valuable team-mate and a fan fave.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:38 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:25 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:56 am Pretty sad indicator when Dorsett is considered a top 9 player on the team.
Why is it sad... he was playing awesome!

He was scoring .35 goals per game (a 28 goal pace) second only to Mr Boeser.

And Dorsett was doing it without power play time!

Not to mention he was 2nd to Jake in hits per game at the time he got shut down.

BTW he was also a "top 9 player" in Columbus his last 3 seasons there...
It’s sad cause reefer doesn’t realize that Dorset is actually a good player, and his absence created a hole in the lineup.
more like spilled milk
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:47 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:02 am

Lol he was a top 9 forward for 20 games. He previously was a 4th liner his entire career.m
AGAIN: The conversation was about last season, NOT "his entire career".Image

Try to keep up with conversations in which you are directly involved...

(ass an asside I already pointed out Dorsett was a 3rd liner his last 3 seasons in Columbus)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:05 am http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=82715

Signifies energy player who sticks up for his teammates

... and he was a key member of our #1 PK unit when he went down last season.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

micky107 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:05 am http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=82715

Mick, for my purposes I tend to focus on TOI in figuring what "line" a player is on. This goes back to the 2011 season, when I noticed that the 3rd line of Torres/Malhotra/Hansen was the best 3rd line in the league for offence with 30 points a piece, while playing 12 min (Torres) to 16 min (Malhotra) per game ( link. Those guys got PP time and PK time as well.

If Dorsett had 30-point upside while playing only 12-15 min/game, he'd be a 3rd liner on the team in the league, like the 2010/11 Canucks.

When you look at Dorsett, in a 10 year career he was under 10 min twice (including in 16/17, when he played 14 games so his average is skewed by his final game before surgery playing 1:42).

He played over 15 min/game twice, and last season was his second-most min/game over his career.

Enforcers like Boogaard post 4-6 min/game. Ryan Reaves has never cracked 10 min/ game over his 8 year career.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Certainly was worth having around.
I would be very comfortable in considering DD as a multidimensional asset.
It is hard to imagine or sort of pretend, if you will, that with the right team and circumstances,
just what he could have achieved.
A good deal of the enforcing he did, which ultimately ended his career, was more often then not, because nobody else
answered the the many bells that were ringing all those years.
Really like the guy. :)
Hope he eventually makes the choice to stay in the game.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If his shoulder could clear a medical.
And, if the Canucks are planning to move on without maybe Hutton or Polliot or Biega or Stecher or Del Zotto or whoever,
This guy just may work out pretty well at an amount that isn't crippling.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=116024

I know, not a mega move but maybe a small piece that could fit?
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:51 pm If his shoulder could clear a medical.
And, if the Canucks are planning to move on without maybe Hutton or Polliot or Biega or Stecher or Del Zotto or whoever,
This guy just may work out pretty well at an amount that isn't crippling.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=116024

I know, not a mega move but maybe a small piece that could fit?
I think de haan will be highly sought after.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Never heard of this rumour:

https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/hug ... ?view=list

According to them, @ the Juolevi draft, JB had a deal with the Habs. If Dubois was available @ 5th, he'd trade the pick for Jordan Subban's big bro (PK). I have heard JB say that the one things he covets most for our team is a RS PP D-man. PK would definitely fit the bill and would have made the last 2 years with the Sedins much more interesting. Wonder if he holds on to Jordan if PK was around. *hehe*
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kinda crazy but the younger (25yrs) and bigger(6'2,207lbs) Ben Hutton in his rookie year matched De Haan's top point total of 25pts.

I'd like to see Huts one more year if he can get on Travis Green's good side, if not then deal him, but Huts is the type to really be a decent point producer in a depth role in the right situation, but for whatever reason Green really has it in for him lol :?

We know Green/Baumer wanted Edler to be a beast so Eddie got his powerplay ice time improved @ 2:49 per game on the powerplay, as we all know Edler at first refused to pass to Boeser jokes, then Pouliot got the next pp/g @ 1:35.

Hutton averaged 2:17 and 2:03 pp/g under Willie and then Green came along and chopped that down big time to 0:58 pp/g.

Ben Hutton seems determined to persuade Green by improving his skating and be more aggressive like MDZ who Green loves as he gave him 2nd most TOI behind Edler.

But with Juolevi seemingly ready to join the big club, the left side needs a roster spot opened up. :o
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

The scary part of trading Hutton is it puts the Canucks into farm team status, which is the same strategy the Oilers seemed to have used for years. They keep trading young players before they have fully developed. In general teams should wait till defensemen are 25 or 26 before they make a well informed judgement. Edmonton would look better if they had done nothing instead of trading Dubnyk and Hall. There is a bigger risk trading away Hutton’s upside than MDZ’s who is what he is at his stage of development. I’m not saying they shouldn’t trade Hutton, but they may regret it, so they need to be really confident he won’t blossom on another team. Becoming the development team that young guys play with for two or three years, and then once they are closer to being developed getting traded to another NHL team is not a good strategy. The Canucks should be nervous about trading away anyone under 26.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.