Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove »

Tryamkin interview:

https://www.sports.ru/hockey/1062396799.html
I will think about returning to the NHL when my contract with Avtomobilist would be over. If they will need me, if I play good enough that they would want to sign me. I have not turned over the page with the NHL for myself but this is not 100% guarantee that I will go there.

I watch the NHL games, mostly with Vancouver - there is 12-hour time difference so I wake up, watch the games before my practice, this is interesting to see how the team is doing. Read reviews, follow the Russian players, how they play, who scores, interesting stuff.

I keep contact with Kolya Goldobin, talk on phone sometimes, he is proving that he can play and score, I am happy for him. Sometimes the Russian factor plays the role, this is unavoidable.

The Sedins brothers are gone, they have made huge contribution in the club history, the amazing people who played for the same club for 18 years. Now young players have a chance to prove themselves, and if Vancouver is lucky to get the 1st or 2nd draft pick, this would be very important because the club needs another young leader like Brock Boeser. The first two are going to be Svechnikov and Dahlin, both are very good players
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Looks somewhat hopeful for the season after next, I guess???
Come on Groot. You know you belong here.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:36 pm .
Tryamkin interview:

I will think about returning to the NHL when my contract with Avtomobilist would be over. If they will need me, if I play good enough that they would want to sign me. I have not turned over the page with the NHL for myself but this is not 100% guarantee that I will go there.

I watch the NHL games, mostly with Vancouver - there is 12-hour time difference so I wake up, watch the games before my practice, this is interesting to see how the team is doing. Read reviews, follow the Russian players, how they play, who scores, interesting stuff.

I keep contact with Kolya Goldobin, talk on phone sometimes, he is proving that he can play and score, I am happy for him. Sometimes the Russian factor plays the role, this is unavoidable.

The Sedins brothers are gone, they have made huge contribution in the club history, the amazing people who played for the same club for 18 years. Now young players have a chance to prove themselves, and if Vancouver is lucky to get the 1st or 2nd draft pick, this would be very important because the club needs another young leader like Brock Boeser. The first two are going to be Svechnikov and Dahlin, both are very good players
All the more reason to keep Goldy aha. :thumbs:

& lets win a lotto draft for once hey?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:26 pm Looks somewhat hopeful for the season after next, I guess???
Come on Groot. You know you belong here.
Yeah and that's him talking to the Russian press

... where you're tempted to say "What? No! I would never leave the Motherland!"

Oh yeah, Nikita is coming back baby!

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Optimistically I’ll say 50-50 he comes back in two years.

He has two more years left on the deal. He would be 26 at that point.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tryamkin playing out his contract over there is alright IMO. With what's brewing here, coming over for the 2020-21 season could be good timing for us and him.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

With the KHL in financial troubles and already lowering the cap and cutting franchises who knows how long that contract will exist.

The fact that he's talking about coming back is a good sign! Goldy is just gonna have to hang out for a couple more years I guess.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 pm Tryamkin playing out his contract over there is alright IMO. With what's brewing here, coming over for the 2020-21 season could be good timing for us and him.
Timing would be great for your Vancouver Canucks and the 2020 expansion draft.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Drafting Svechnikov may also help lure the Redwood Tree back
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Wasn't there a rumor last summer that Avtomobilist was on the verge of folding? This sounds like if that happens, we're likely to get him back sooner.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm The fact that he's talking about coming back is a good sign! Goldy is just gonna have to hang out for a couple more years I guess.
Fine, we overlook his bucket of blunders and keep Goldobin for his flashes of brilliance, but really mostly because Tryamkin wants to kiss him and love him and hug him and squeeze him and call him George.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Tryamkin interview:

To have Tryamkin back would be huge.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:49 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm The fact that he's talking about coming back is a good sign! Goldy is just gonna have to hang out for a couple more years I guess.
Fine, we overlook his bucket of blunders and keep Goldobin for his flashes of brilliance, but really mostly because Tryamkin wants to kiss him and love him and hug him and squeeze him and call him George.
that cracked me up, funniest thing I heard in a while.

Thanks CP you made my day.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Cheers
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:39 am
Tryamkin interview:

To have Tryamkin back would be huge.
Pun intended or not....lol