Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 pm
... or perhaps schmucks such as yourself (no offense) don't see the value of a superior 200-foot game.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:09 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:16 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm All I know is that for $6M the bucks are getting bent over the table.
Isn’t it the doe’s that usually get bent over?

WTF Reef are gay Deer really out there?

Whodathunkit?

Gay Deer are queer

Queer Eye for the Deer Guy

Are the guys that hunt these faggot Deer gay as well?

If you eat the gay Deer meat will you turn gay?

Lotsa questions and blobcat wants answers
Blobby is curious about these things... :wink:

Personally I think Hollywood stole Reefer's persona in order to create the Brick Tamland character.
There's a good chance of that.....I mean he does show up here of late with a level of ire that is akin to bringing a hand grenade to a street fight.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Diamond; agent for both Granlund and Tryamkin, spoke on the radio (650am) this morning.
Basically said Nikita will honor his KHL contract then return to Canucks. Said that could change if there were some sort of problem with the team he is on. If that were the case, he would return to Canucks.

Was pretty honest on Granlund's situation.
Wants to stay in Vancouver, realizes he had a crap year.
Will sign a two or, if necessary, a one year show me contract.
(in other words, cheap).

Heard this stuff live when picking up my son from work.
Would put up a link but 650am isn't easy like 1040 was.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:10 am
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm All I know is that for $6M the bucks are getting bent over the table.

Whodathunkit?

Gay Deer are queer

Personally I think Hollywood stole Reefer's persona in order to create the Brick Tamland character.
There's a good chance of that.....I mean he does show up here of late with a level of ire that is akin to bringing a hand grenade to a street fight.
What ya mean.

I’m tunneling Trump 8-)

Just going through a couple things in the home front and no, there was no death of fish. Nor does it impact my wife or kids.

Anyways I will try and mind my manners more.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:07 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:10 am

Whodathunkit?

Gay Deer are queer

What ya mean.

I’m tunneling Trump 8-)

Just going through a couple things in the home front and no, there was no death of fish. Nor does it impact my wife or kids.

Anyways I will try and mind my manners more.

Is that like tunneling under the channel?
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm For the illustrious Pettersson, I'd want him with Eriksson and a big LW/C type on his left, start him on the 3rd line.
Why LE?

Because he is Swedish?
Yeah why not?

You see Reef some people come over here from overseas and it's nice for them to have someone who knows about their country and language etc, it helps them transition quicker into the North American culture.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm For the illustrious Pettersson, I'd want him with Eriksson and a big LW/C type on his left, start him on the 3rd line.
Why LE?

Because he is Swedish?
Yeah why not?

You see Reef some people come over here from overseas and it's nice for them to have someone who knows about their country and language etc, it helps them transition quicker into the North American culture.
Agreed to a point.

Helps him adjust but I assume Green will manage it. I want to see EP play with the best player who can help him develop.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Of course Granlund will sign a one year deal. He has no leverage. I read somewhere that he would likely get 1.5 a season. Severe overpayment if so. If he wants more than 1 million a season tell him to take a hike. I would be phoning to see if you can get a 4th or 5th rounder for him. What is the threshold where you can bury him in the minors and it doesn’t count against the cap? That’s what they need to be able to do with a borderline guy like Granlund
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:48 pm Of course Granlund will sign a one year deal. He has no leverage. I read somewhere that he would likely get 1.5 a season. Severe overpayment if so. If he wants more than 1 million a season tell him to take a hike. I would be phoning to see if you can get a 4th or 5th rounder for him. What is the threshold where you can bury him in the minors and it doesn’t count against the cap? That’s what they need to be able to do with a borderline guy like Granlund
:eh:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:40 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 pm
Why LE?

Because he is Swedish?
Yeah why not?

Agreed to a point.

Helps him adjust but I assume Green will manage it. I want to see EP play with the best player who can help him develop.
Well Eriksson is no slouch, he's a couple years removed from scoring 30 goals, and has scored 551 NHL points in 840 NHL games, dude has skill and has a vast amount of quality NHL experience, more importantly he plays a ultra reliable 200ft game and can penalty kill. I think playing with the Sedins stifled his career with those lofty expectations and Willie + Travis Green don't know how to coach him properly (not entirely their fault as both are rookie NHL bench bosses).

By all accounts Loui is a quality linemate to start your NHL career.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:48 pm Of course Granlund will sign a one year deal. He has no leverage. I read somewhere that he would likely get 1.5 a season. Severe overpayment if so. If he wants more than 1 million a season tell him to take a hike. I would be phoning to see if you can get a 4th or 5th rounder for him. What is the threshold where you can bury him in the minors and it doesn’t count against the cap? That’s what they need to be able to do with a borderline guy like Granlund
I'd be fine with 1.5M. He's a versatile depth guy that could take a regular third line shift when the injuries hit.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:18 pm
I'd be fine with 1.5M. He's a versatile depth guy that could take a regular third line shift when the injuries hit.
Elmer needs to start lowballing guys instead of bending over in every contract negotiation. In a vacuum Granlund is fine getting 1.5. Then you add in a half dozen other guys who are overpaid and it doesn’t take long to throw the whole payroll out of whack.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:55 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:18 pm
Elmer needs to start lowballing guys instead of bending over in every contract negotiation. In a vacuum Granlund is fine getting 1.5. Then you add in a half dozen other guys who are overpaid and it doesn’t take long to throw the whole payroll out of whack.
More of your Vancouver Canucks are underpaid than overpaid Mr Negative.

I especially love the Horvat/Tanev extensions.

Lot's of cap room for the new core moving forward, there's no problem here...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tunneling Trump? W.T.F.?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau