Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Skriko wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Cherry Picker wrote:If the Canucks exceed expectations, just try to hit with the picks you get. Another late pick like Brock is as good as an early pick like Jake. Screw playing to get in the lottery. This is the Canucks. It doesn't work.
This makes more sense than pretty well anything discussed lately about a rebuild.

One thing...would the team stop handcuffing the future with boat anchor multi-year deals for washouts moving forward please...those are game changing moves for the worse. Fuck Eriksson and other long term duds like him.

This summer Benning seemed to get that sentiment. Del Zotto, Burmistrov, Gagne and Vanek. All short term deals. Likewise, I sincerely hope he stays away from these long term deals chasing vets. Like next year E Kane may make it to FA. That scares me because he will get north of 6. Now if Tavares.....I guess it depends on who he is chasing.
Agree on recent changes to Mr spendy-happy. Too bad we can't get a Mulligan on the Loui contract. It was very leaves-like of us
I'm not too mad about the eriksson trade, they tried to find someone who would work with the sedins on their last few years, it just didn't work out
Its the term carrying on for 4 years after they retire that's the bone in the soup. 2 or 3 years of him was a gamble worth taking but to go 6 wasn't very astute.
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Eriksson looks trash for sure, but at this point one can only hope he hits his stride sooner or later....took awhile to get going in Boston yada yada.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:With Gudbranson back Wierioch was reassigned to Utica.

Gaunce ahead of schedule and may be activated soon without going to Utica first. Meaning for now we will carry 7 Dmen once Gaunce is back.
Gaunce might as well go to Utica. He won't crack last night's line-up.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Its the term carrying on for 4 years after they retire that's the bone in the soup.
Or a few years more of the Sedins on a bold discount?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Its the term carrying on for 4 years after they retire that's the bone in the soup.
Worse case Ontario
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
I'd be happier with just Eriksson >>over the Sedins after this season, but be good for the Sedins to make the playoffs here in what could be their final season, go out with a bang! I say.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Weird day.

Stetcher returned to Vancouver for further testing. Out in definetly, could be a couple of weeks, or months. Will know more once tests done.

Wierioch recalled.

Demko recalled but no goalie hurt. Murph suggests it's a cap thing as Edler and Eriksson to be placed on LTIR but why Demko to fulfill this cap thing?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canu ... late=basic
The only HW the Canucks need
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Probably because Demko was playing well and they wanted to reward him with his NHL salary
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

TDA Rum wrote:Probably because Demko was playing well and they wanted to reward him with his NHL salary

So is it just like an overnight thing. Once we reach the cap then we get cap relief? I confess I don't understand the move.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Gotta be more to it. I really for the life of me do not know why they would yank Demko when it's going perfectly
on the farm. They're gonna make a move, at least it has that odor...
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Weird day.

Stetcher returned to Vancouver for further testing. Out in definetly, could be a couple of weeks, or months. Will know more once tests done.

Wierioch recalled.

Demko recalled but no goalie hurt. Murph suggests it's a cap thing as Edler and Eriksson to be placed on LTIR but why Demko to fulfill this cap thing?

So it's Eriksson who is going on LTIR. :o
Rick Dhaliwal‏: Good for team to be as close to cap as they can be before Erickson goes on LTIR. Demko
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

They are $930,000 under the cap, Demko's cap hit is $925,000
... which puts them to within $5000 of the cap.. the closer you are to the cap, the more relief you can get by putting players on LTIR...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:

Wierioch recalled.

Rick Dhaliwal‏: Good for team to be as close to cap as they can be before Erickson goes on LTIR. Demko

But why? Can someone explain this.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Just announced, one day call up.
http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/cap/
But I posted this anyways.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:

Wierioch recalled.

But why? Can someone explain this.
Just what people are saying online it's so when your team is almost maxed to cap, and you put a player on LTIR, you maximize the cap relief or something to that effect. This is like L. Gilman styles of cap maneuvering.