Competitive and/or Contending

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Competitive and/or Contending

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Seems to be legit does not in any shape or form mean it's for certain.

Just like Blob says MAY, it does mean for sure.
Exactly, so who are these people you say are saying it's "for certain" a particular prospect will be a star?

You created scarecrows who you say are "counting chickens before they hatch".

Are you hearing more whooshing sounds or is any of this getting through?
Reefer2 wrote: Cripes if we say anything positive you go against us, if we say anything negative you go against us.

We can't win for trying.
Turnabout is fair play.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote:But we should probably stop right now with the political talk in the Hockey Forum amirite? :mrgreen:
I agree with you there, but it's a heck of an interesting pattern. You had asked once what my posts said about my personality. Apparently the answer is: far more than I might have guessed.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

True Cliffy, our posts reveal much more than just whether or not we are team players. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Are we surprised that the Hockey Writers have the Canucks ranked 7th? This after Blobbee ranked the Canuck prospect pool "top 10" and after Button had 4 Canuck prospects in his top 50 NHL prospect list? You know the amazing thing about those 4 prospects that Button drools about is that only one of them was a lottery pick! What is Gillis excuse?

JimBro Benning says hi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Can't help but notice it's the pro-Trump "Fake News" crowd that continuously pumps the militantly pro-Benning, refuse to acknowledge any mistakes, agenda.
Funny, I can't help but notice it's the anti-Lord Trump crowd who are anti-Lord Benning

... mutinously rebelling against rightful leaders, trying to find fault where it doesn't exist.

But we should probably stop right now with the political talk in the Hockey Forum amirite? :mrgreen:
At this point I suspect there is less "anti-Lord Trump", and just anti-politician in general. :hmmm:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:Take a bow JimBro Benning, the pundits at the Hockey Writers love your work! 7th best! What an effin' Genius!
You don't add much anymore RD, what happened to you.

Maybe we should call you Polly instead.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
ESQ wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Yeah two seconds and a third wouldn't be a drop of piss in the ocean. Three more high end prospects in the system ? Who needs em ?
Pretty much. The value of 2 2nds and a 3rd are inconsequential compared to the drop from 2nd to 5th the last 2 years.
Good point ESQ.

Not sure why Blob keeps whining, GMJB has drafted 28 times over 4 NHL drafts = NHL average.

Also not sure what "two seconds" Blob is crying about
No it isn't

A rebuilding team with a decent manager would have drafted at least a half dozen more kids over those four years.

Because you are purposely being an asshole
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:Are we surprised that the Hockey Writers have the Canucks ranked 7th? This after Blobbee ranked the Canuck prospect pool "top 10" and after Button had 4 Canuck prospects in his top 50 NHL prospect list? You know the amazing thing about those 4 prospects that Button drools about is that only one of them was a lottery pick! What is Gillis excuse?

JimBro Benning says hi
I guess when you're team is busy winning and contending your focus tends to stray from the concerns the bottom feeders tend to have such as rebuilding and replacing worn out parts.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Take a bow JimBro Benning, the pundits at the Hockey Writers love your work! 7th best! What an effin' Genius!
You don't add much anymore RD, what happened to you.

Maybe we should call you Polly instead.
That's what smoking rock at the Astoria all hours of the day will do to you Reef
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Are we surprised that the Hockey Writers have the Canucks ranked 7th? This after Blobbee ranked the Canuck prospect pool "top 10" and after Button had 4 Canuck prospects in his top 50 NHL prospect list? You know the amazing thing about those 4 prospects that Button drools about is that only one of them was a lottery pick! What is Gillis excuse?

JimBro Benning says hi
Craig Button also ranked Fake Virtanen as a late second rounder.

So was he being a dick ? Or was that number 6 pick a major fuck up ?

Oh .... oh I know Harry Neal's made the pick
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
ESQ wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Yeah two seconds and a third wouldn't be a drop of piss in the ocean. Three more high end prospects in the system ? Who needs em ?
Pretty much. The value of 2 2nds and a 3rd are inconsequential compared to the drop from 2nd to 5th the last 2 years.
Good point ESQ.

Not sure why Blob keeps whining, GMJB has drafted 28 times over 4 NHL drafts = NHL average.

Also not sure what "two seconds" Blob is crying about
No it isn't

A rebuilding team with a decent manager would have drafted at least a half dozen more kids over those four years.

Actually I fucked up. He should have had three more seconds and a third. Overpayment for both Sutter and Gudbranson and needless trades for Vey and Pedan.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
ESQ wrote:
Good point ESQ.

Also not sure what "two seconds" Blob is crying about.

Garrison for a 2nd flipped the next AM for 22-yr-old Vey. (Garrison for pre-traumatized Vey = good trade)

2nd for 22-yr-old Baertschi = good trade.

McCann + 2nd for 24-yr-old Guds = good trade (or perhaps Brokeback Blob prefers his team softer?)

(Sutter trade involved a mere 9-spot pick upgrade - 55th to 64th, not sure if I've ever mentioned this)
No it isn't

Actually I fucked up. He should have had three more seconds and a third. Overpayment for both Sutter and Gudbranson and needless trades for Vey and Pedan.
Well you best unfuck yourself, re-read the red part and THINK ABOUT IT.

Let's face it, you omitted the red part because: You. Can't. Handle. The. Truth.

Oh it's true!

All you're interested in doing is pulling crap out of your diaper and flinging it at the wall.

Seriously bro, your policy of ignoring every damning rebuttal just doesn't pass the sniff test.

(it's best you heard it from a friend) :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Also not sure what "two seconds" Blob is crying about.

Garrison for a 2nd flipped the next AM for 22-yr-old Vey. (Garrison for pre-traumatized Vey = good trade)

2nd for 22-yr-old Baertschi = good trade.

McCann + 2nd for 24-yr-old Guds = good trade (or perhaps Brokeback Blob prefers his team softer?)

(Sutter trade involved a mere 9-spot pick upgrade - 55th to 64th, not sure if I've ever mentioned this)
Does adding the red part you accidentally omitted change things for ya? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fact :
One second added in for Sutter + a 3rd was overpayment for the toothpick. Benning sent a better and cheaper player in Bonino ( at worst these players are equal but one makes more $ ) and Clendenning for the higher paid toothpick. HE did Pittsburgh a favour by helping THEM out of a cap problem. That is ONE 2nd pissed away.

FLORIDA PANTHERS ALSO HAD CAP ISSUES which was why they divested themselves of Erik Gudbranson. A blue chip prospect like Jared McCann + a 4th round pick SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ENOUGH. Throwing in a 33rd overall pick in an excellent draft was retarded. That is TWO SECONDS pissed away.

Trading Garrison for a 2nd was fine. I never had a problem with it. Trading a 2nd for Vey was a terrible trade. Only a fucking mongoloid would argue that. That is THREE seconds pissed away for dumdum .... try to keep up oldtimer.

Andrei Pedan isn't an NHL player. Another poor trade. Although not near as stupid as the pissing away of the previously mentioned 2nd round picks.

I don't care if you typed your diatribe in red or fucking purple. I just took a massive shit on your chest and wiped my ass on your face. :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fact :
One second added in for Sutter + a 3rd was overpayment for the toothpick.
"Fact" :lol:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Benning sent a better and cheaper player in Bonino ( at worst these players are equal
Even Bullshitter Blob is forced to admit Sutter and Bonino are of similar value.

A 9-spot pick upgrade (55th to 64th) shouldn't be worth filling your diaper over there Mr Bubbles.

Face it, the only reason your pull-ups runneth over is because: You. Can't. Handle. A. Rebuild.

Sutter is at least a 9-spot-pick-upgrade better than Bonino...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: but one makes more $ ) HE did Pittsburgh a favour by helping THEM out of a cap problem.
As I've said before, a WIN-WIN trade... each team did the other a favour y'might say.

Pens needed to watch their capspace as they were Cup contenders.

Nucks needed the asset who was willing to stick around through a rebuild.

And the two players have similar salaries now on the 'next contract' everyone knew was coming.
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
FLORIDA PANTHERS ALSO HAD CAP ISSUES which was why they divested themselves of Erik Gudbranson. A blue chip prospect like Jared McCann + a 4th round pick SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ENOUGH.
Y'know, prefacing something with "Fact" or CAPITALIZING... isn't going to convince anyone of anything.

It's funny how players like Bonino/Clendening/McCann were garbage in your eyes

... right up until the day they were traded away.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Throwing in a 33rd overall pick in an excellent draft was retarded.
You haven't been paying attention.

RHS 24-yr-old dmen with Top-4 potential are at a premium these days.

It's odd how you love Gudbranson the player... but expect to acquire him for next-to-nothing.

You missed your calling -> you should be a Leaves fan.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Trading Garrison for a 2nd was fine. I never had a problem with it. Trading a 2nd for Vey was a terrible trade. Only a fucking mongoloid would argue that.
Y'know, prefacing something with "Fact" or CAPITALIZING or calling folks who disagree "mongloid"

... isn't going to convince anyone of anything.

You've been told many times that a 50th overall seldom plays as many games as Vey has played.

And you know damn well that after the trade Vey was traumatized/demoralized by off-ice events.

The Garrison trade was made so that GMJB acquired the pick LA wanted for Vey.

Garrison for pre-traumatized Vey = good trade
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Andrei Pedan isn't an NHL player. Another poor trade.

Andrei Pedan was 21 when acquired by GMJB... we will see if he yet becomes an NHL player.

Also GMJB reacquired the 3rd-round-pick he gave up for Pedan (in the Lack trade)

I look at it this way: Lack for Pedan + 7th.

And as I say: Garrison for pre-traumatized Vey.

If we're trying to grade GMJB's overall score it makes more sense, is more fair, to look at the bigger picture.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I just took a massive shit in my diaper!
Yes we know all too well: You. Can't. Handle. A. Rebuild.
____
Try to focus on someday.