Prediction for Draft Spot - 2017 - with Poll

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Where will the Canucks pick?

1st
29%
2nd
15%
3rd
12%
4th
27%
5th
17%

Total votes: 41

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Prediction for Draft Spot - 2017 - with Poll

Post by Meds »

Edler + Markstrom + 5th overall to Dallas for 3rd overall + 60th/70th overall.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Mëds wrote:Edler + Markstrom + 5th overall to Dallas for 3rd overall + 60th/70th overall.
That definitely might interest Dallas but not sure why the Canucks should be interested. There's no consensus 3rd best prospect so not worth trading up unless you could somehow move into the top 2.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rockalt wrote:
Mëds wrote:Edler + Markstrom + 5th overall to Dallas for 3rd overall + 60th/70th overall.
That definitely might interest Dallas but not sure why the Canucks should be interested. There's no consensus 3rd best prospect so not worth trading up unless you could somehow move into the top 2.
Yeah it's not worth overpaying to move up a couple spots in this draft unless Patrick falls to #3, if anything keep the #5 and try to get the #3 by taking on cap and filling some holes on Dallas roster.

If I was Dallas I'd trade a 3rd rounder for Bishop's rights.
Sign him big dollars $6.5m x 6.

Trade the #3 pick + Niemi for Alex Edler + Granlund + 2nd rounder.

Sign TJ Oshie 5x5

re-sign their RFA's affordable bridge deals: Faksa, Ritchie, Lindell, Nemeth.

Benn - Seguin - Granlund
Eakin - Spezza - Oshie
Roussel - Faksa - Ritchie
Shore - Janmark - Cracknell
McKenzie

Edler - Klingberg
Hamhuis - Honka
Lindell - Johns
Nemeth

Bishop
Lehtonen

$72m cap hit.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Last 3 posts have been deleted, Charlie stick to your designated place.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:
rockalt wrote:
Yeah it's not worth overpaying to move up a couple spots in this draft unless Patrick falls to #3, if anything keep the #5 and try to get the #3 by taking on cap and filling some holes on Dallas roster.

If I was Dallas I'd trade a 3rd rounder for Bishop's rights.
Sign him big dollars $6.5m x 6.

Trade the #3 pick + Niemi for Alex Edler + Granlund + 2nd rounder.

Sign TJ Oshie 5x5

re-sign their RFA's affordable bridge deals: Faksa, Ritchie, Lindell, Nemeth.

Benn - Seguin - Granlund
Eakin - Spezza - Oshie
Roussel - Faksa - Ritchie
Shore - Janmark - Cracknell
McKenzie

Edler - Klingberg
Hamhuis - Honka
Lindell - Johns
Nemeth

Bishop
Lehtonen

$72m cap hit.
I think we should attempt, (try) and move up to #1 or #2 this year.
The fans need a boost.
The team needs a boost.
And whether they have it figured out, ownership needs a boost.

If I am to be absolutely, brutally honest, there are only 3 untouchable players.
Not including the guys still in college or junior at this time.
Horvat,
Beoser,
Demko.

If you try and cut through all the hype-through-desperation, hopeful expectations, personal favorites and blind trust that many will improve or become more, that's all I can come up with. (That's if I want to be brutally honest).

I would at least be attempting extreme due diligence this year.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So when are the 12 peeps who voted #1 going to come out of the closet?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote:
I think we should attempt, (try) and move up to #1 or #2 this year
I
Why? Patrick and Hischier are not generational. Even Bob McKenzie said Mittlestadt could easily end up being the best forward to come out of this class, same can be said for Vilardi, Glass, Tippett and Necas

There are no McDavids, Eichels, Matthews and Laine's in this class, far from it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Need a playmaking centre. Pick Cody Glass
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Need a playmaking centre. Pick Cody Glass
would not have a problem with that...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:So when are the 12 peeps who voted #1 going to come out of the closet?
I'm out

Disappointed but with Linden sitting there looking like the loveable loser i guess i should be used to it by now.

Moving on now just like we had to before...

Losing the Perrault coin flip

Swept by NYI in finals

Trading Rick Vaive then hes HOF

Everything Bill LaForge

Trading Cam Neely then hes HOF

Nedved not Jagr

94 game 7 Terry "Mr NY" Gregson- why is there 2 hands on my shoulders

Linden getting Zamboni'd by Lemieux

Brashears head

Bertuzzis punch

Cpt. Invisible

Blah-cocks owning us

2011 Everything Luongo and the god damn Bruins

2015 playoffs vs Calgary and watching a scrub DESTROY our entire defense

Losing 2 lotteries in a row bad when your team is almost eorst in the league.

Its been a long, shitty ride canucks fans. Can it really last forever?
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Almost makes me feel like drinking UDL lol, but I have my greater power strong.

We should be like Nashville then and draft talent on defense, so at #5 take Timothy Liljegren his mono really messed with him this season, which dropped his value, but he will rebound superb.
Jeff Marek of Sportsnet - Mar. 8th: "A strong Five Nations Tournament alleviated all fears that his game was slipping. For most teams he is the best defenceman in this year's draft."

ISS Hockey - Mar. 7th: "Elite skater both in terms of speed & agility. Played well at 5-Nations, finishing 2nd in shots"

ISS Hockey - Feb. 3rd: "Offensively creative defender. Recently returned after bout w/mono and scored his 1st goal."

Mike Morreale NHL.com - Jan. 20th: "Liljegren (6-0, 191) missed two months because of mononucleosis earlier in the season but is a solid prospect with great upside. He's calm, smart and creative, and can move the puck with authority."

Future Considerations: "An active, offensive-minded rearguard who likes the puck on his stick…skates with strong fluidity and agility, getting from one point to the next effortlessly as his feet always seem to be in motion…can take the puck end-to-end a la Erik Karlsson…his offensive IQ is off the charts as is his creativity…makes strong breakout passes to move along the attack to his forwards before jumping into the play himself…has a strong wrist shot that is quick off his blade, strong and accurate, and he gets some solid velocity on his slap shot"

Dennis Schellenberg Hockey Prospectus - Nov. 9th: "Very strong and matured puckmoving skills, delivers at both ends of the ice, has a booming shot and competes real hard in his own zone. A leader on the blue line who is competing against men in Sweden for the second season."

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2017/NHL-Draf ... -Liljegren
For more analysis - http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Future top pairing of Juolevi - Liljegren don't mind that one bit, because if we can't draft a premiere center well then shit might as well build like Nashville and have a talented AF defense.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Liljegren gets slammed by the scouts for his apparent low IQ. Are you sure you want to go there?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:
micky107 wrote:
I think we should attempt, (try) and move up to #1 or #2 this year
I
Why? Patrick and Hischier are not generational. Even Bob McKenzie said Mittlestadt could easily end up being the best forward to come out of this class, same can be said for Vilardi, Glass, Tippett and Necas

There are no McDavids, Eichels, Matthews and Laine's in this class, far from it.
If early projections are true, Next Year may be the time to go after a defense man.

Admittedly, projections are subjective and must be taken with a grain of salt.
Bodies almost grown. Minds? Who knows. Just gotta find out as much as you can..
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

There are no standout number one protected Dmen in this draft. A few potential top fours but that's it. We need a centre, preferably a playmaking centre. We have a chance to draft one in the 5th spot. Take a centre Jim.

With Trymankin leaving the Canucks may try to hold onto all their D until they can see if Juolevi is ready and get a chance to assess Brisbois and where he sits on the development curve. Of course they could lose a D in expansion and or trade another.

Just the other day a friend told me the Canucks were not surprised by Trymankin's departure, in fact they were expecting it, somewhat. And they are ok with it as they feel he needs another 1-2 years before he is mature enough to handle the rigours and expectations of the NHL. Not a knock on the kid. Just an assessment. Of course they would have been more thrilled had he signed a two year deal but they weren't prepared to extend the no Utica clause. That was the carrot they used to get him here but they wanted the option open moving forward. But they strongly feel his time here has opened his eyes and if he gets the fire in his belly to come back he will. I guess the hope is he goes back to the KHL and sees what he is missing here. My point, although they obviously won't build around him they do have him penciled in as a potential in two years.

So pick a centre.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Just the other day a friend told me the Canucks were not surprised by Trymankin's departure, in fact they were expecting it, somewhat. And they are ok with it as they feel he needs another 1-2 years before he is mature enough to handle the rigours and expectations of the NHL. Not a knock on the kid. Just an assessment. Of course they would have been more thrilled had he signed a two year deal but they weren't prepared to extend the no Utica clause. That was the carrot they used to get him here but they wanted the option open moving forward. But they strongly feel his time here has opened his eyes and if he gets the fire in his belly to come back he will. I guess the hope is he goes back to the KHL and sees what he is missing here. My point, although they obviously won't build around him they do have him penciled in as a potential in two years.
If true, that's pretty sad. Although, this was the cast of characters that wanted him to be Chris Pronger (why not Chara?). Of course they'd feel he needs more time to find his "balls and become nasty". He's a Russian, he's not built that way (mentally).

I thought Tryamkin was one of our bright spots last year. With Stetcher consistently out-muscled defensively, Hutton having a sophomore slump, and Gudbranson not coming as advertised, he was a bright spot. Not a chance in fuck he belongs in the minors with this team. Maybe on a Nashville or Anaheim...