Playoff OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Playoff OOTS

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Did roberto loan Pecker his beach ball?
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote:
Mëds wrote:I can't see the Predators getting it done in Pittsburgh in game 7.

PPG is most certainly in Rinne's head at this point, and even if the team in front of him can collectively muster the best game of their careers, it's all for naught if Rinne can't put it together.....and you sure as shit don't start your backup for that.
LOL - where have we heard THAT one before? :D
No shit eh.....lol.

The counter argument to that is that Nashville's backup is some guy named Saros. That other situation was some guy named Schneider.

Doc's panic attack diagnosis aside, the two teams respective alternatives are different.

It's a tough call. We all saw what happened when Torts dressed the guy he thought gave him the best chance at 2 points.....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Doc's panic attack diagnosis aside, the two teams respective alternatives are different.
Dafock? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Two in a row in the cap era, quite an accomplishment. Was hoping for Preds but I can't find a reason to dislike the Pens. Well Sullivan!!!!!!

Now the real season begins :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Two in a row in the cap era, quite an accomplishment. Was hoping for Preds but I can't find a reason to dislike the Pens. Well Sullivan!!!!!!

Now the real season begins :D
Yeah they proved they can win it without a franchise d-man.... you just need 2 franchise centres and 2 cup-winning goalies!

I wish Nashville (and their fans) could have won. I can't think of a more spoiled franchise than Pittsburgh (Lemieux-Jagr-Crosby). Good for the Crosby narrative, I don't think it does much for the NHL.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I wish Nashville (and their fans) could have won. I can't think of a more spoiled franchise than Pittsburgh (Lemieux-Jagr-Malkin-Crosby). Good for the Crosby narrative, I don't think it does much for the NHL.
Small correction, IN...

New blood would have been nice, but I'm somewhat satisfied that we didn't add yet another recent expansion team to the list of Cup winners before our beleaguered Canucks.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Puck wrote:.... we didn't add yet another recent expansion team to the list of Cup winners before our beleaguered Canucks.
What a poignantly apt choice of words.

If you imagine an incorrect folk etymology and resulting word relationship, and consider Lancer's signature line.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote: Doc's panic attack diagnosis aside, the two teams respective alternatives are different.
Cory "panic attack" Schneider.....I believe you coined that one back just before Schneids was traded for the 10th.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Nashville got jobbed in game 6 by that early whistle.

But it was the way the rules are written.

I like what Poile said in their post-season presser. Basically if we have rules to review and overturn other incorrect calls, why not that one? Everyone knows that goal should have counted, but the rules aren't there to let it count.

Bang on. The league won't change it though. It's one of their few remaining loopholes to control scores and influence outcomes. :P
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Puck wrote:.... we didn't add yet another recent expansion team to the list of Cup winners before our beleaguered Canucks.
What a poignantly apt choice of words.
Beleaguer [bih-lee-ger]
verb (used with object)
1. to surround with military forces.
2. to surround or beset, as with troubles.
3. to abuse one's status as an unaccountable sports body to fuck with, torment and deter a given franchise for capricious reasons.

Origin of beleaguer

1580-90 (for definitions 1 and 2) from Dutch or Low German belegeren "to besiege," from be- "around" (see be- ) + legeren "to camp," from leger "bed, camp, army, lair,". be- + leaguer

1970 (for definition 3) from common English "bugger" (to rectally violate someone) and "league" (an unaccountable sports body). bugger + league = beleaguer.
Ronning's Ghost wrote:If you imagine an incorrect folk etymology and resulting word relationship, and consider Lancer's signature line.
People do notice... (sniffle)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Cory "panic attack" Schneider.....I believe you coined that one back just before Schneids was traded for the 10th.
DOH!

Not sure how I missed that one, carry on carrying on...
____
Try to focus on someday.