Playoff OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Playoff OOTS

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Kassian scores a short-handed goal. Oilers up 1-0. Also laid out Dillon with a massive hit in the first. Having an impact.
Hes the player we wanted when we traded white choco-fro for him.
Steam-rolled Couture on another epic PK. He's been the best player on the ice.

I wonder if Jim wishes a re-do. Virtanen could use some mentoring.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Another monster hit on the PK. How he didn't get a charging penalty I don't know. Fans chanting Kas-i-an, Kas-i-an, Kas-i-an. Now that's funny given the history.
Sam Gagner is so three rebuilds ago for Edmonton fans.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
99% of people here *looks at Dan* :evil: hate the Flames

Canadian teams always...who cares if they hated our team.

Go JOHNNY_HOCKEY go!
Just because there is still hockey doesn't mean you have to cheer for any team at all ...this isn't the Olympics
Come on Ratster...you're a former albortian...no sentimental ties to your old horse stomping grounds? No Iginla jersey hidden away in the darkest corner of the closet? :lol:
None whatsoever... I will admit I do like monohan... :look:
Hahaha...I dont all out cheer for calgary but have to admit i am for the coilers. I love what chiarelli did by giving that team some balls.
If you need air...call it in
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Suspension incoming...

https://streamable.com/q1az9
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:Is Grabner one we let get away!
Another Nonis pick, looking like a good one. *hehe*
Hockey Widow wrote: Another monster hit on the PK. How he didn't get a charging penalty I don't know. Fans chanting Kas-i-an, Kas-i-an, Kas-i-an. Now that's funny given the history.
I always thought that year we played Calgary in the playoffs, we really missed Kassassian. Ferland was running around destroying us and we had nothing that could stop him or do something similar to the Calgary D. Kass could have been that guy for us.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Regarding Gatling Gun Grabner, the great Nonis draft pick, Gillis could have kept Grabner, selected Kuznetsov or Coyle instead of trading the 1st pick and Grabner for Bubbles boy - Buyout Ballard and the Canucks couldn be sitting pretty right now, and heck Gillis may still have his job?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Too bad ole Zack the Coke assassin was rockin the cocaine magazine flaps while in Vancouver, hits rock bottom in 'Montreal and winds up Narcotics Anonymous in Edmonton. Trust me he will fall off the wagon again if he already hasn't
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

We got Kassian at the wrong stage of his career. The Oilers took him when he was just about at rock bottom regarding his career and addictions, gave him a chance and we see where that has led. Neither Vancouver nor Montreal were, apparently, in states to be that patient with him. Just the way the moons aligned.

That said, would I cry a tear if someone slipped him some fentanyl and sent him back to rehab if only to fuck with the Oilers? Not one tear. :twisted:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Too bad ole Zack the Coke assassin was rockin the cocaine magazine flaps while in Vancouver, hits rock bottom in 'Montreal and winds up Narcotics Anonymous in Edmonton. Trust me he will fall off the wagon again if he already hasn't
Na! He had the rest of his teeth pulled.
He is much more aerodynamic. He goes like the wind.
We should have stuck with him!
Did you know that Kevin fixed his head to the point he chose to get the help he needed.
I miss Kevin. Good guy!
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote:We got Kassian at the wrong stage of his career. The Oilers took him when he was just about at rock bottom regarding his career and addictions, gave him a chance and we see where that has led. Neither Vancouver nor Montreal were, apparently, in states to be that patient with him. Just the way the moons aligned.

That said, would I cry a tear if someone slipped him some fentanyl and sent him back to rehab if only to fuck with the Oilers? Not one tear. :twisted:
Zack had a game where the stars aligned for him, the puck was a magnet on him all night. All season he was on the 3rd and 4th line doing pretty much what 4th liners do all year, he has one of those games in the playoffs and now he's the next Gordie Howe, lol, ya gotta love the Dead Cat Bouncers out there.

Coke heads are never out of the woods, falling off the wagon is quite simple for them. Gotta love those who think the Oilers are the hero's here, permanently fixing him, the Canucks had him in stage 3 substance abuse counselling or whatever stage it was called, the worst stage, they were very patient with him, did all they could to help him (you are wrong about the Canucks on this, Lancer), but as you know with coke heads, they tend to have to hit absolute rock bottom before the light sets in, so they asked around if anyone would take the problem off their hands, Benning had to let everyone know about Zacks personal struggles with the demon when trying to trade him, Bergevin took a flyer, didn't quite work out as we saw with his infamous 6am chicken scratch prowling of the streets of Montreal for a refill of more white powder to keep that train a rollin'. I knew of Zacks coke problem a few months before he was traded, even mentioned here.

To be honest, Zack owes the Canucks and Habs a big thanks and apology at the same time.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote:Gotta love those who think the Oilers are the hero's here, permanently fixing him, the Canucks had him in stage 3 substance abuse counselling or whatever stage it was called, the worst stage, they were very patient with him, did all they could to help him (you are wrong about the Canucks on this, Lancer)
I have no doubt that the Canucks organization exercised as much patience and assistance with him as they could bear but he hadn't hit rock bottom yet and the organization cut their losses when the opportunity to get something for him arose. I don't fault the Canucks for that at all. You wonder what kind of chemistry would have come from his continued presence in the dressing room, even if he was sent to rehab, until he saw the light.

I'm not painting the Coilers as any kind of savior. They took a roll of the dice on a coke-head seeing the light and got lucky.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Go JOHNNY_HOCKEY go!
Uncle Danth Leg livths in Lethbridge.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: I wonder if Jim wishes a re-do.
:roll:
RoyalDude wrote:Too bad ole Zack the Coke assassin was rockin the cocaine magazine flaps while in Vancouver, hits rock bottom in 'Montreal and winds up Narcotics Anonymous in Edmonton. Trust me he will fall off the wagon again if he already hasn't
I was thinking exactly the same thing last night.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Go JOHNNY_HOCKEY go!
Uncle Danth Leg livths in Lethbridge.
Nope. Moved outta there a year and a half ago
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Nope. Moved outta there a year and a half ago
Uncle Danth Leg'th heart remainth in Lethbridge.
____
Try to focus on someday.