Expansion draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Expansion draft

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So, the forwards we have to protect?

Horvat
Boeser
Virtanen
Miller
Roussel (contract expired?)
Toffoli (if resigned)
Pearson (if resigned)

The forwards we don’t have to protect?

Pettersson
MacEwan
Gaudette

The who the fuck cares unprotected list?

Sutter (contract ends)
Eriksson
Leivo
Motte
Beagle

Am I wrong or right?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s too far away to worry about. The Canucks will probably lose a decent player to Seattle. The last expansion draft, they were fortunate to lose Luca Sbisa’s contract. The roster was so terrible that they protected Markus Granlund and Brandon Sutter. This time around the protected list should contain a fair bit more quality.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am The forwards we don’t have to protect?

Pettersson
MacEwan
Gaudette

Am I wrong or right?
Wrong Dude, we need to protect those guys or Seattle has the option of selecting them.

(Lind as well)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:24 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am The forwards we don’t have to protect?

Pettersson
MacEwan
Gaudette

Am I wrong or right?
Wrong Dude, we need to protect those guys or Seattle has the option of selecting them.

(Lind as well)
So the key towards we have to protect

Pettersson
Horvat
Miller
Boeser
Virtanen

Less than key (two of these)

Lind
Gaudette
MacEwan

Who cares about

Leivo (if we sign)
Pearson (if we sign)
Toffoli (if we sign)
Sutter (if we sign)
Roussel
Beagle
Motte
Eriksson

If calculations are correct, we should be trading Gaudette. Lind and MacEwan can play centre.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:11 pm If calculations are correct, we should be trading Gaudette. Lind and MacEwan can play centre.
Makes sense Dude, but my gut tells me we'll re-sign/protect Toffoli and trade Jake.

After the X-draft we'll roll onward with:

Miller – Pete – Boeser
Toffoli – Horvat
– Pearson (re-signed post X-draft as a UFA)
Pod/Hog – Gaudette – MacEwen

PROTECT:

Miller
Pettersson
Boeser
Toffoli
Horvat
Gaudette
MacEwen

TRADE Virtanen+ for Dumba :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LMFAO ..... Lind and MacEwen will play centre and that Virtanen+ will be traded for Dumba. It would be a massive +++.Lind and Mac aren’t good enough to play at his level on the wing yet they will magically become good NHL centres. Wake up. Smoke less rock... you guys are in your late 50s/early 60s and still hitting the glass beak, Jesus Christ
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hmmm, sounds like ole Hargraves carries even more wood for The Gaud than he does for The Trojan, who knew...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am So, the forwards we have to protect?

Horvat
Boeser
Virtanen
Miller
Roussel (contract expired?)
Toffoli (if resigned)
Pearson (if resigned)

The forwards we don’t have to protect?

Pettersson
MacEwan
Gaudette

The who the fuck cares unprotected list?

Sutter (contract ends)
Eriksson
Leivo
Motte
Beagle

Am I wrong or right?
This summer and next year you'll see every team holding off on UFA extensions unless you're talking marquis talent. UFA's don't require protection and can't be selected. Seattle will have an early window to talk to players but that's not a guarantee they'll sign them. Edler's two year deal was signed with this very thing in mind. The team avoids the need to protect him, he avoids the prospect of being forced to move, and you can bet there is a handshake agreement that the Canucks will try to bring him back after the expansion draft.

Pearson won't get an extension offer from Vancouver either. Especially if Toffoli is re-signed this year. Benning will bank on him not signing in Seattle and wanting to come back and play here.

Roussel will also be on the list of players exposed.

I think the only for sure protection spots up front are taken by

Horvat
Boeser
Pettersson
Miller

Toffoli if re-signed.

The probably players.....

Virtanen
Gaudette

For sure exposed if still here.....

Sutter
Beagle
Roussel
Leivo
Motte
Eriksson
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If Tanev wants to stay in Vancouver I wonder if we will see Jim offer him a one year deal and then a multi-year after the expansion draft.

I think Tanev would be retarded to accept it based on his injury history, even though this has been a his best year since joining the team. Did anyone else miss the fact that Tanev and Stecher are our only defensemen to play all 67 games this year? That's crazy for Tanman.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:21 pm

Sutter
Beagle
Roussel
Leivo
Motte
Eriksson
Thanks for doing the legwork -so, Per, this list is why we think Seattle will take Demko.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:27 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:21 pm

Sutter
Beagle
Roussel
Leivo
Motte
Eriksson
Thanks for doing the legwork -so, Per, this list is why we think Seattle will take Demko.
If that's the list going into the trade deadline next year, and the Canucks are committed to Markstrom for more than 2 more seasons, then Benning would be very wise to sell high on Thatcher as it will be an all but certainty that we lose him for nothing.....or have to pay Seattle picks to keep him.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:40 pm Hmmm, sounds like ole Hargraves carries even more wood for The Gaud than he does for The Trojan, who knew...
He is, without question the King of the Piss and Moan crowd.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:40 pm Hmmm, sounds like ole Hargraves carries even more wood for The Gaud than he does for The Trojan, who knew...
Doylie likes them fresh faced and regularly falling on their knees?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:09 pm
Doylie likes them fresh faced and regularly falling on their knees?
He likes the kids most certainly, it’s why he gets pissed off at Benning for trading picks and prospects
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:19 pm Seattle is going to settle on philblob's Kraken.
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:24 pm Seattle Crackheads. Accurate
fax
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.