Boeser Watch: UND Eliminated

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Boeser Watch: UND Eliminated

Post by Strangelove »

nuckster wrote:Dr. Evil's, big me little me
Bitterster.
____
Try to focus on someday.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Strangelove wrote:
nuckster wrote:Dr. Evil's, big me little me
Bitterster.
Well philosophically, its like u two are joined at the hip with the "Lord Benning" thing
cc oldtimer
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

nuckster wrote: Well philosophically, its like u two are joined at the hip with the "Lord Benning" thing
We could say the same about the Urine Crew no?

But it's not just Topper and yours truly... there are at least a dozen "Lord Benning folk" around here.
____
Try to focus on someday.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Strangelove wrote:
nuckster wrote: Well philosophically, its like u two are joined at the hip with the "Lord Benning" thing
We could say the same about the Urine Crew no?

But it's not just Topper and yours truly... there are at least a dozen "Lord Benning folk" around here.
Its all good.
A division, kinda like the fallible and infallible JB clubs.
cc oldtimer
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

after a hoot and a coold hoppy beer i found myself thinking, "Hey, who the f do i have to blow around here in order to become a "1st team all star" here anyways? lol Is there a graduation day from 2nd team all star to first team all star? do i invite my parents?

Anyways, in keeping with the theme of this thread, the game today with Boeser, and then Boucher scoring two, and watching Horvat fly, and Tryamkin evolving into 'super-groot', one begins to feel that 'hey, maybe we're finally going o turn a corner again? :)

I remember in around 2000 we started to turn a corner, and before that, '91, damn i'm old, cause i can even remember the fluky but exhilarating season in '82... but that is a completely different scenario compared to now
cc oldtimer
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

double post
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nh ... iller-back

Fun read on Boeser's first game. The rink was only 20 minutes from where Brock grew up and he was thrilled to have his first game there. The Canucks moved heaven and earth to make it happen, not because Boeser asked but
because they wanted to do it for him.

Loved how WD had Brock's parent come into the dressing room to read out the starting lineup. Everyone was teared up. Brock said he didn't know they were doing that and it meant a lot. He also got bring his prom date from last year and was thrilled she could see him play for her new, favourite team.

It was the Canucks idea to get him to Vancouver, not Utica. They feel 9 games here better prepares him for the off season. He was hoping to play with Bo ans Sven and watched a lot of their tape to get an understanding of their game. Said he felt it was an effortless transition to playing with them.

He gets no class B bonus only class A on a contract less that one million per.

And Boucher gets mentioned a lot in the article, especially his shot. Strong case to be made to return Megna, who was papered, to Utica and let Boucher have his ice time. I'd like to call up Cassells until Gaunce is healthy personally. A fourth line of Cassells/Labate/Cramarrosa. See what we have in this dogs.

Hearing Chaput signing could be close.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:I haven't cared much about the current standings the last couple of years. Yes, I've wanted to see the team compete on a nightly basis but I've been far more focused on the future. I would rather see a team compete for a win every night than one that throws in the towel at the first November storm.

I don't bitch and moan on a daily basis. I saw the plan Genius Jim laid out when he was hired and he has, for the most part, stuck to it. I long ago knew there would be bumps in the road but I have also noted great strides being made. I didn't get hung up micro analyzing every word management spoke, instead I remained focused on the bigger picture.

It is for these reasons I laugh at those who have spent two years complaining.They are caught up in the moment, unable to see what is coming. Blinded by their own need for immediate gratification. It is what separates management, the long term planners, from those toiling at menial tasks pushing brooms on the factory floor.
Yawn....... fart. Probably should have said Benning is right and anyone that questions any move he makes is an idiot. This "immediate gratification" crap and "folks can't handle a rebuild" drivel is hilarious. It will be highly amusing watching the sperm guzzlers defend the Virtanen and Juolevi draft picks in the next couple years. The fact you guys still defend the Eriksson and Sutter contracts is funny enough but hey keep on keeping on. :lol:

There's no middle ground with you guzzlers. I have given Elmer credit when he's made decent moves and torched his ass when he fucks up. You pinheads think he hasn't made a single error at all in three years .
It's Hilario reading this after Toppers post. Yup! Topper nailed it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Interesting article, HW, but even more interesting is a tidbit mentioned in the comments. Apparently Boeser's Dad has MS and his Mom works two jobs. So the signing really helps out the kid's family and is a a pretty classy move. Is this all true HW?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
No there aren't. There's four guzzlers.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's gut busting hilarious how the one who coined the term - Urine Crew,'for those who dare slagged his hero - The farce himself - Mike Gillis, is now captain of the urine crew for hating the guy responsible for trying to clean up the horrid mess his hero - Mike Gillis made and left
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I guess if a person who judges management with balance and reality is considered urine crew ... whatevs buds.

If you would pull your head out of your ass you'd know I also bashed Gillis for some of his shortcomings , but deres dat whole narrative thing that will punch your post full of holes so you don't want to do dat.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I also bashed Gillis for some of his shortcomings.
Stop it.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Stop it.
Yes you should.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Stop it.
Yes you should.
How you liking Boeser? Tryamkin?