Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:11 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:07 pm Image

I think he's wearing falsies now.
Falsies are for tits...

Caps
Dentures
Partials
Bridges

That sort of thing are for teeth
Quite right Ratski.

Micky, , this is not ‘Nam. This is posting. There are rules.

For Fuckssake I did not watch my buddies die face-down in the muck

... so that you could waltz around abusing the English language!! :evil:

Look Micky, I'm not asking you to be an Arthur Digby Sellers, just try to stay within the lines mmmmkay?

You were over the line. Mark it zero. Next frame...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rick Dhaliwal:

UFA Tyler Toffoli’s agent Pat Brisson : “During the pandemic I’ve been in touch with Jim a few times. For the short time that Tyler has been in Vancouver, he has definitely enjoyed the city and the direction of the team.”
A good sign for Toffoli to re-sign with the team, it's a good fit and he gets to play with some talented players to set him up for one-timers.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:54 pm
Rick Dhaliwal:

UFA Tyler Toffoli’s agent Pat Brisson : “During the pandemic I’ve been in touch with Jim a few times. For the short time that Tyler has been in Vancouver, he has definitely enjoyed the city and the direction of the team.”
A good sign for Toffoli to re-sign with the team, it's a good fit and he gets to play with some talented players to set him up for one-timers.
I’d like to see him back myself. Regardless of the cost to get him, he fit in well while he was here. If he comes back, it likely spells a trade of one of Virtanen or Boeser, unless the Canucks are prepared to send out some decent assets to ditch Sutter, Eriksson, Beagle or Baertschi.

To me though the priority of the UFA is Markstrom, Tanev and then Toffoli in that order.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:06 pm
Rick Dhaliwal:

I’d like to see him back myself. Regardless of the cost to get him, he fit in well while he was here. If he comes back, it likely spells a trade of one of Virtanen or Boeser, unless the Canucks are prepared to send out some decent assets to ditch Sutter, Eriksson, Beagle or Baertschi.

To me though the priority of the UFA is Markstrom, Tanev and then Toffoli in that order.
I do t think you have to give up assets, (excluding Loui), opposed to expecting less back.

Sutter, Beagle and arguably Baertschi still have value.

.... just way less than some think.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

After Louie, it’s probably Beagle and Roussel that should be given away. They have some value, but their contracts run two more seasons after this. Sutter’s only lasts one, so it will be off the books when Petey and Hughes have to get paid. If they can off load those three contract they should be able to sign all the important pieces after the season. But if they can only get one, I’d go with Toffoli.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:06 pm
Rick Dhaliwal:

Also we can buyout Baertschi this offseason saves the team $1.6M in cap space next year & cost $800k in 2021/22.
Hopefully the league will allow a Compliance Buyout in this extraordinary time in the NHL and the cap likely not going up anytime soon. *ahem* LE.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:45 am
Also we can buyout Baertschi this offseason saves the team $1.6M in cap space next year & cost $800k in 2021/22.
If CapFriendly is correct, we only save about $550k if we buy out Baertchi. We are already saving $1,075k with him in the minors. A buyout is only saves us the difference, then burns us next year when we need the cap space even more.

Baertchi is either trade bait (we can retain salary and still be ahead), stuck in the AHL, or he breaks the contract. Buying him out
only bumps our cap hit on the year we sign Hughes and Petey.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The 4 horsemen of the cap crunch gangbang apocalypse are-

Eriksson

Baertchi

Sutter

Beagle

...with Luongo and his cap recapture penalty holding the camera
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Baertschi wants back in the NHL. So far no one has offered anything for him or plucked him off waivers. A mutual termination of contract sets him free to pursue whatever options he wants, but given his history his agent should be screaming at him to not be stupid. But it would solve one problem and give him his freedom. Too bad really. I liked him and thought he was worth the 2nd we gave up. But ya we need to move on from him with how loaded we have suddenly become in top 6.
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:58 am Baertschi wants back in the NHL. So far no one has offered anything for him or plucked him off waivers. A mutual termination of contract sets him free to pursue whatever options he wants, but given his history his agent should be screaming at him to not be stupid. But it would solve one problem and give him his freedom. Too bad really. I liked him and thought he was worth the 2nd we gave up. But ya we need to move on from him with how loaded we have suddenly become in top 6.
Adding an asset to move Baertschi is as cheap as " Baertschi and a 6th for a 7th. "

If Baertschi gets any games in during the playoffs, a god showing would up his value.

If Baertschi gets any games in durning the playoffs, we are so badly injured we are fucked anyways.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I don't think it would be much of a problem moving Baertschi with just $2.4M due him in real bucks.

Just retain a little of that or whatever.

Loui will retire. :thumbs:

Sutter might be difficult to move, but only because of all those injuries.

But with Loui retiring, we can easily afford to ride out one more year of Sutts. :wink:

Beagle? I love what Beagle brings.

Keep him for one more year, and then he is only due $1.2M for his last season (post-bonus).

Obviously that was the plan from Day One, you can tell by the contract-structure and Jimmy's comments at the time.

(he said he only wanted to sign him for 3 years but Beags would have gone somewhere else if he didn't get that 4th year)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:52 pm
Beagle? I love what Beagle brings.

Keep him for one more year, and then he is only due $1.2M for his last season (post-bonus).

Obviously that was the plan from Day One, you can tell by the contract-structure and Jimmy's comments at the time.

(he said he only wanted to sign him for 3 years but Beags would have gone somewhere else if he didn't get that 4th year)
I agree about liking what the Beag brings. Hes heart and soul and the kids probably love him barking up for them

Beagle and Sutter are far from the issue anyway as they are still contributing positively on the ice. If Loui does in fact hang em up theres no concerns whatsoever moving forward
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

From IMAC Q&A:
Eriksson is still owed $5 million over two years after another signing-bonus instalment of $3 million is paid this summer. Would you walk away from $5 million? Loui’s not retiring, but I do think the Canucks will try to run the Zach Bogosian playbook and see if the sides can mutually agree to terminate his contract, which would allow Eriksson to sign elsewhere and finish his career on his terms – instead of in the minors.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/can ... r-toffoli/
Mutual termination....giggity. Its a good read. Its been so fuckin long without hockey and i can smell the playoffs now...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:46 am ...with Luongo and his cap recapture penalty holding the camera
$3.033M x 2 more seasons.

TSN Dhaliwal:
I see Markstrom getting $6m (per year). And if he can't get it from the #Canucks
, he'll easily get it on the open market.
If Marky wants around $6M per & we are already paying Luongo $3M per, that'll be $9M + demko + 3rd string, that's too much cap space on goaltending.

Canucks goalie coach Clark seems to hold a masters in teaching/guiding his pupils incl. Bobrovsky and now Marky, I believe he can work his magic on Demko next.

So I'd be inclined to let Marky walk and sign a veteran goalie to split duties with Demko at a much, much cheaper cost.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:11 am From IMAC Q&A:
Eriksson is still owed $5 million over two years after another signing-bonus instalment of $3 million is paid this summer. Would you walk away from $5 million? Loui’s not retiring, but I do think the Canucks will try to run the Zach Bogosian playbook and see if the sides can mutually agree to terminate his contract, which would allow Eriksson to sign elsewhere and finish his career on his terms – instead of in the minors.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/can ... r-toffoli/
Mutual termination....giggity. Its a good read. Its been so fuckin long without hockey and i can smell the playoffs now...
Almost sounds too good to be true. Do you think he actually knows something or just spitballing? I would have sent him to Utica at the start of this year.