Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:54 pm
If we're being really real.

AAV's
W. Nylander 6.9M, Gaudreau 6.75M, Pastrnak 6.6M, Larkin 6.1M, Guentzel 6M, Meier 6M, Konecny 5.5.

Boeser lines up with these guys, he should be in-line with $6.5M - $6.9M AAV x 6 years ish.
I dunno bro, you've chosen some of the most team-friendly contracts in the league as comparables.

(not counting Nylander of course) :wink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 949
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Cherry Picker » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm

I said a couple months ago he shouldn’t be more than Pasternak on a six year deal.
I stand by that. If he turned down 7m x 6. He’s asking too much and should sit. That was a rumour, so I don’t put much stock in it. I wouldn’t give 7m unless it was 7 years, and I’d be fine with 8m x 8 as was also rumoured, but that would be my max.
The Canucks need to avoid getting bent over like Dumbass, not only for the cost for Boeser, but the scary thing is the precedent it sets heading into negotiations with Hughes and Pettersson. This cannot be a “sign him at any cost” contract.
We are all Jim Benning.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8520
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Rumour has it talks are picking up now...right on time for Oct 2 ;)

My cuz played a bit in the NHL and apparently camp and preseason games are the least favorite part of being an NHL player
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2544
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by ESQ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Cherry Picker wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm
I said a couple months ago he shouldn’t be more than Pasternak on a six year deal.
I stand by that. If he turned down 7m x 6. He’s asking too much and should sit. That was a rumour, so I don’t put much stock in it. I wouldn’t give 7m unless it was 7 years, and I’d be fine with 8m x 8 as was also rumoured, but that would be my max.
The Canucks need to avoid getting bent over like Dumbass, not only for the cost for Boeser, but the scary thing is the precedent it sets heading into negotiations with Hughes and Pettersson. This cannot be a “sign him at any cost” contract.
I could see Brock getting less than pastrnak, but only on a short-team deal.

It was always going to be a tricky negotiation - terrible injuries over 2 years, seems to have not hit his potential but he's had his wrist taped up for 1.5 years.

I'm still optimistic so I think any long-term deal is buying low - if he signs a bridge, he'll be making a hell of a lot more on his next deal.

But the other issue is Brock's dad's health - I think Stecher mentioned it in the media. It's a pretty legit reason to not be 100% focused on the contract negotiation.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Cherry Picker wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm
I said a couple months ago he shouldn’t be more than Pasternak on a six year deal.
I stand by that. If he turned down 7m x 6. He’s asking too much and should sit. That was a rumour, so I don’t put much stock in it. I wouldn’t give 7m unless it was 7 years, and I’d be fine with 8m x 8 as was also rumoured, but that would be my max.
The Canucks need to avoid getting bent over like Dumbass, not only for the cost for Boeser, but the scary thing is the precedent it sets heading into negotiations with Hughes and Pettersson. This cannot be a “sign him at any cost” contract.
You've gotta remember to adjust that Pastrnak contract for inflation

... and remember it's widely considered the league's most team-friendly contract.

But hey, if the rumours are true, the numbers being discussed by the two sides will never reach Dumbass “sign at any cost” proportions.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10947
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by SKYO » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:59 pm

ESQ wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:45 pm
Cherry Picker wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm
I said a couple months ago he shouldn’t be more than Pasternak on a six year deal.
I stand by that. If he turned down 7m x 6. He’s asking too much and should sit. That was a rumour, so I don’t put much stock in it. I wouldn’t give 7m unless it was 7 years, and I’d be fine with 8m x 8 as was also rumoured, but that would be my max.
The Canucks need to avoid getting bent over like Dumbass, not only for the cost for Boeser, but the scary thing is the precedent it sets heading into negotiations with Hughes and Pettersson. This cannot be a “sign him at any cost” contract.
I could see Brock getting less than pastrnak, but only on a short-team deal.

It was always going to be a tricky negotiation - terrible injuries over 2 years, seems to have not hit his potential but he's had his wrist taped up for 1.5 years.

I'm still optimistic so I think any long-term deal is buying low - if he signs a bridge, he'll be making a hell of a lot more on his next deal.

But the other issue is Brock's dad's health - I think Stecher mentioned it in the media. It's a pretty legit reason to not be 100% focused on the contract negotiation.
Only somewhat true because it's his agent doing all the work on his behalf, they probably set a couple numbers and terms up, same with the team, go high, go low yada yada, it's getting close.
Dhaliwal:

Boeser talks have picked up since last night. Deal not imminent but at least they are talking. Positive sign.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by micky107 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Can only speak for myself but I feel it's imperative that Boeser signs for no less than four years.
A two year bridge is frightening.

LOL>>> they'll break the signing just before or after the Victoria game :)
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10947
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by SKYO » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm
Cherry Picker wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm
I said a couple months ago he shouldn’t be more than Pasternak on a six year deal.
I stand by that. If he turned down 7m x 6. He’s asking too much and should sit. That was a rumour, so I don’t put much stock in it. I wouldn’t give 7m unless it was 7 years, and I’d be fine with 8m x 8 as was also rumoured, but that would be my max.
The Canucks need to avoid getting bent over like Dumbass, not only for the cost for Boeser, but the scary thing is the precedent it sets heading into negotiations with Hughes and Pettersson. This cannot be a “sign him at any cost” contract.
You've gotta remember to adjust that Pastrnak contract for inflation

... and remember it's widely considered the league's most team-friendly contract.
$7M x3, gets more CASH over a lot of his comparables and can see if he's deserving of the mega contract then - health wise.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15872
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:19 pm

If it’s a three year deal it sure as fuck won’t be 7 million per. That’s a terrible deal for Vancouver.

At three years he should be between 5 and 5.5.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:59 pm

.
REPORTS COMING IN ON A 3 YEAR DEAL

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 6523340800
Rick Dhaliwal
‏@DhaliwalSports

Boeser and Canucks getting close .

5:42 PM - 16 Sep 2019
https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 9665545216
Rick Dhaliwal
‏@DhaliwalSports

Hearing it’s a bridge deal for Boeser.

5:50 PM - 16 Sep 2019
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/ ... 5359792129
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC

Another RFA stand-off is coming to an end. Could be tonight.

5:52 PM - 16 Sep 2019
https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/stat ... 6297306113
Dan Murphy
@sportsnetmurph

It’s going to be a three year deal for Boeser. #canucks

5:54 PM - 16 Sep 2019
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10947
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by SKYO » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:59 pm
REPORTS COMING IN ON A 3 YEAR DEAL
Drance:
3-year deal for Brock Boeser would buy out all of his pre-arbitration years.

Deal would expire in the summer of 2022.

As it currently stands, the Canucks are only committed to Horvat, Miller, Ferland and Myers for the 2022-23 season.
Gaffar saying it'll be just under $6M AAV, there ya go Hargraves.
Last edited by SKYO on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm

^ Just as Luongo's recapture penalty comes off the books too...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15872
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Hargraves is here to help
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3821
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Hank » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm
^ Just as Luongo's recapture penalty comes off the books too...
Both Lu and Loui are gonzo.
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10947
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by SKYO » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:14 pm

BOOM

OFFICIAL: #Canucks re-sign @BBoeser16
to a three-year deal worth an average annual value of $5.875 million.


https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -309195048
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Post Reply