Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3302
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Madcombinepilot » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:46 pm
Sounds like it’s a done deal with Edler 5.5 million over three years. Modified NMC for the first two years. If this is true that’s a good job by Elmer.

Keep Gardiner the fuck away from here hopefully too
I like Gardiner's game more than Edler's overall, but Gardiner is getting $7-$8 million not $5.5 so it's apples to oranges. With Hughes and Elder taking most of the left side minutes I'm not sure there's room for Gardiner as well. Juolevi could make some noise there too.

Still lots of time for Jimbo to overpay a guy like Myers given he's a right shot, especially if the rumours Tanev is available are true.
Especially since it's Edler at 3 years and Garnder and Myers will be aiming for 5+ years..

If this is how it shakes out, AWESOME contract for JB, amd good on Edler!!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15969
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by micky107 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Image
"evolution"

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Diehard1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:02 pm

Friedman now reporting it might be a 4 year deal - if so it changes the deal for me. 4 years is too long for Edler, he's already slow and injury prone so what do you expect him to be at 37?

I guess if the cap hit is low enough it's ok, but he should not get 4 years. Then again, Jimbo gave a 33 year old Jay Beagle a 4 year deal and he just scored 3 goals in his first 57 games with the team, so what could go wrong?

It's just one of likely a few moves to come, so perhaps Jimbo will do something else to put this into a better context.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Diehard1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
Yep and they will likely get it. I'd be shocked if Jimbo isn't right in there offering huge money to both.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Chef Boi RD » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Left side D

- Edler
- Hughes
- Hutton
- Juolevi
- Tryamkin (rumours he wants to come back)
- Brisebios
- Teves
- Sautner


For next season, trade Hutton now and promote Juolevi? Keep Hutton and store Juolevi in Utica?

With how thin the right side is, the rumours of trading Tanev are bogus

Tanev
Stecher
Schenn
Biega
Woo
Rafferty
Chatfield
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15969
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
Yep and they will likely get it. I'd be shocked if Jimbo isn't right in there offering huge money to both.
He’d better not be. These guys are both worse players than Edler. They could end up being this summer’s Eriksson and Lucic. Take the cheque book away for anything longer than three years Francesco.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Chef Boi RD » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:16 pm

So this change of heart resigning Edler could be a sign of the Canucks not liking their chances with UFA D this summer.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by micky107 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Ya, well, every ones getting into the act today... :shock:
.
Ryan Henderson
@RJHenderson7

Todd Diamond, Nikita Tryamkin's agent, just now with @DonnieandTheMoj offered a bit of an update on Tryamkin..
- Today better than 50% chance he returns to #Canucks
- Feels much better about current #Canucks team than the one he left
- His KHL contract expires April 30 2020
10:42 AM - 19 Jun 2019
..........................................................
Wow, I'm stoked.. :drink:
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8594
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:16 pm
So this change of heart resigning Edler could be a sign of the Canucks not liking their chances with UFA D this summer.
Sure hope thats the case. Edler is better than every single pending ufa remaining so why not ride his loyalty into a team friendly cap hit?

Or...they've got a trade or 2 lined up which will absorb our remaining cap space
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
Yep and they will likely get it. I'd be shocked if Jimbo isn't right in there offering huge money to both.
Really?? :eh:

With Edler signing there's no need for another LHD (Gardiner).

Maybe Myers (if Jets don't re-sign him) but I feel Jimmy will land his RHD in a trade.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8594
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm
Diehard1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
Yep and they will likely get it. I'd be shocked if Jimbo isn't right in there offering huge money to both.
Really?? :eh:

With Edler signing there's no need for another LHD (Gardiner).

Maybe Myers (if Jets don't re-sign him) but I feel Jimmy will land his RHD in a trade.
I'd say thats accurate as well. With Tanev apparently on the block it sure smells like a substantial right side piece is coming in soon. I would say its quite possible to be Ristolainen

Risto has 3 more years @ 5.4/yr.
I can see the 10 OA going out and RR coming back
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:48 pm

I'd love it to be Risto, depending on the price of course.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15969
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:07 pm

micky107 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:17 pm
Ya, well, every ones getting into the act today... :shock:
.
Ryan Henderson
@RJHenderson7

Todd Diamond, Nikita Tryamkin's agent, just now with @DonnieandTheMoj offered a bit of an update on Tryamkin..
- Today better than 50% chance he returns to #Canucks
- Feels much better about current #Canucks team than the one he left
- His KHL contract expires April 30 2020
10:42 AM - 19 Jun 2019
..........................................................
Wow, I'm stoked.. :drink:
So a 51 % chance he might come back. These jocksniffers are so desperate to break a story.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15969
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:44 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm
Diehard1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
Yep and they will likely get it. I'd be shocked if Jimbo isn't right in there offering huge money to both.
Really?? :eh:

With Edler signing there's no need for another LHD (Gardiner).

Maybe Myers (if Jets don't re-sign him) but I feel Jimmy will land his RHD in a trade.
I'd say thats accurate as well. With Tanev apparently on the block it sure smells like a substantial right side piece is coming in soon. I would say its quite possible to be Ristolainen

Risto has 3 more years @ 5.4/yr.
I can see the 10 OA going out and RR coming back
The guy apparently is a trainwreck in his own end. I’d rather chase Tyson Barrie if you are throwing that pick around. He is only average in his own zone but he’s a much better offensive player than Risto
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply