Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:54 pm If we're being really real.

AAV's
W. Nylander 6.9M, Gaudreau 6.75M, Pastrnak 6.6M, Larkin 6.1M, Guentzel 6M, Meier 6M, Konecny 5.5.

Boeser lines up with these guys, he should be in-line with $6.5M - $6.9M AAV x 6 years ish.
I dunno bro, you've chosen some of the most team-friendly contracts in the league as comparables.

(not counting Nylander of course) :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I said a couple months ago he shouldn’t be more than Pasternak on a six year deal.
I stand by that. If he turned down 7m x 6. He’s asking too much and should sit. That was a rumour, so I don’t put much stock in it. I wouldn’t give 7m unless it was 7 years, and I’d be fine with 8m x 8 as was also rumoured, but that would be my max.
The Canucks need to avoid getting bent over like Dumbass, not only for the cost for Boeser, but the scary thing is the precedent it sets heading into negotiations with Hughes and Pettersson. This cannot be a “sign him at any cost” contract.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rumour has it talks are picking up now...right on time for Oct 2 ;)

My cuz played a bit in the NHL and apparently camp and preseason games are the least favorite part of being an NHL player
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm I said a couple months ago he shouldn’t be more than Pasternak on a six year deal.
I stand by that. If he turned down 7m x 6. He’s asking too much and should sit. That was a rumour, so I don’t put much stock in it. I wouldn’t give 7m unless it was 7 years, and I’d be fine with 8m x 8 as was also rumoured, but that would be my max.
The Canucks need to avoid getting bent over like Dumbass, not only for the cost for Boeser, but the scary thing is the precedent it sets heading into negotiations with Hughes and Pettersson. This cannot be a “sign him at any cost” contract.
I could see Brock getting less than pastrnak, but only on a short-team deal.

It was always going to be a tricky negotiation - terrible injuries over 2 years, seems to have not hit his potential but he's had his wrist taped up for 1.5 years.

I'm still optimistic so I think any long-term deal is buying low - if he signs a bridge, he'll be making a hell of a lot more on his next deal.

But the other issue is Brock's dad's health - I think Stecher mentioned it in the media. It's a pretty legit reason to not be 100% focused on the contract negotiation.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm I said a couple months ago he shouldn’t be more than Pasternak on a six year deal.
You've gotta remember to adjust that Pastrnak contract for inflation

... and remember it's widely considered the league's most team-friendly contract.

But hey, if the rumours are true, the numbers being discussed by the two sides will never reach Dumbass “sign at any cost” proportions.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:45 pm
I could see Brock getting less than pastrnak, but only on a short-team deal.

It was always going to be a tricky negotiation - terrible injuries over 2 years, seems to have not hit his potential but he's had his wrist taped up for 1.5 years.

I'm still optimistic so I think any long-term deal is buying low - if he signs a bridge, he'll be making a hell of a lot more on his next deal.

But the other issue is Brock's dad's health - I think Stecher mentioned it in the media. It's a pretty legit reason to not be 100% focused on the contract negotiation.
Only somewhat true because it's his agent doing all the work on his behalf, they probably set a couple numbers and terms up, same with the team, go high, go low yada yada, it's getting close.
Dhaliwal:

Boeser talks have picked up since last night. Deal not imminent but at least they are talking. Positive sign.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Can only speak for myself but I feel it's imperative that Boeser signs for no less than four years.
A two year bridge is frightening.

LOL>>> they'll break the signing just before or after the Victoria game :)
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm
You've gotta remember to adjust that Pastrnak contract for inflation

... and remember it's widely considered the league's most team-friendly contract.
$7M x3, gets more CASH over a lot of his comparables and can see if he's deserving of the mega contract then - health wise.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If it’s a three year deal it sure as fuck won’t be 7 million per. That’s a terrible deal for Vancouver.

At three years he should be between 5 and 5.5.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

REPORTS COMING IN ON A 3 YEAR DEAL

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 6523340800
Rick Dhaliwal
‏@DhaliwalSports

Boeser and Canucks getting close .

5:42 PM - 16 Sep 2019
https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 9665545216
Rick Dhaliwal
‏@DhaliwalSports

Hearing it’s a bridge deal for Boeser.

5:50 PM - 16 Sep 2019
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/ ... 5359792129
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC

Another RFA stand-off is coming to an end. Could be tonight.

5:52 PM - 16 Sep 2019
https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/stat ... 6297306113
Dan Murphy
@sportsnetmurph

It’s going to be a three year deal for Boeser. #canucks

5:54 PM - 16 Sep 2019
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:59 pm REPORTS COMING IN ON A 3 YEAR DEAL
Drance:
3-year deal for Brock Boeser would buy out all of his pre-arbitration years.

Deal would expire in the summer of 2022.

As it currently stands, the Canucks are only committed to Horvat, Miller, Ferland and Myers for the 2022-23 season.
Gaffar saying it'll be just under $6M AAV, there ya go Hargraves.
Last edited by SKYO on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Just as Luongo's recapture penalty comes off the books too...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hargraves is here to help
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm ^ Just as Luongo's recapture penalty comes off the books too...
Both Lu and Loui are gonzo.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

BOOM

OFFICIAL: #Canucks re-sign @BBoeser16
to a three-year deal worth an average annual value of $5.875 million.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -309195048