Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:27 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:56 am
Jovocop wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:32 pm Also, Tanev, Markstrom, Schaller, Leivo, Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi, Edler, Benn, and Spooner will be off the books in a year and two.
Yeah it's nearly half the roster, but you'll still need to replace the bodies.

Two top-4 dmen and a 1B goalie alone could cost upwards of $18M in a couple years.
Hopefully, two years from now, the Canucks can have some cheap entry level contract players ready, Woo, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Juolevi and Lind.
I’d add Madden, Tryamkin, MacEwan and Lockwood as potentials
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Woo, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Juolevi and Lind.

I’d add Madden, Tryamkin, MacEwan and Lockwood as potentials
Also Jasek had 2pts in two games this preseason.
Joey Kenward:

Of all Canucks draft picks who played in Utica last year, Lukas Jasek got the least amount of attention from Canucks fans.

Quietly the 6th Rd pick from 2015 was one of most impressive prospects playing 1st year of pro (9G,20A).

Now up to 1G, 1A over two 2 preseason games.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Still in a playoff race but time for a bump..

Biggest one is Markstrom. Absolutely imperative we see him again for a large enough sample size to know 100% his knee will be 0 problem
moving forward in his career. Possible there may be few if any NHL players participating in any world events. I doubt he'd go anyway.
If we get that opportunity, and, if he looks to be on a full pace back to what would have been Vezina Trophy finalist, we have a huge decision.
As of now; Demko, IMO, seems to be feeling a little more comfortable with " The Man" status as games go by. Still, a small sample size.
Other things are in play, expansion draft, age, personality. Still; a gigantic determination.

One other that resonates around this fan base is / will be, the Jake Virtanen contract or trade. Ole Jake is a bit of a fan favorite and I too
hope to re-sign him. Be a considerable raise though. WTF! we can afford it.

Most think Stecher will be gone. Not sure. He deserves no raise so unless he does something that would piss off his agent, bye.

Chris Tanev has adequately convinced me this year, he's worth re-signing. We will need more. Don't think Barrie is the answer.
"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Micky wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:42 pm Chris Tanev has adequately convinced me this year, he's worth re-signing. We will need more. Don't think Barrie is the answer.
I hear many people suggesting the Canucks let him walk. It may come to that if a mutual contract can't be reached, but they have no one to replace him with. Myers,Stetcher, Barrie if they go after him, none of those are 1st pairing RHD's.
If they lose Tanev it will leave a huge hole and could be a step backwards in improving the D core.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

dangler wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:22 pm [quote=Micky post_id=375800 time=1583617352
I hear many people suggesting the Canucks let him walk. It may come to that if a mutual contract can't be reached, but they have no one to replace him with. Myers,Stetcher, Barrie if they go after him, none of those are 1st pairing RHD's.
If they lose Tanev it will leave a huge hole and could be a step backwards in improving the D core.
I dunno about that, Tanev is under 20 min/game, 4th on the team.

My preference is to replace Tanev, but I wouldn't get into a bidding war for him over term or AAV. I think he'll fit under the cap and Toronto won't be able to afford him, so he's likely staying.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sportsnet@Sportsnet
“I’m trying to prove to them that I want a contract, and also trying to prove I deserve the contract that I want,” said the
@Canucks' Tyler Toffoli.
:?: Sounds big.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:43 pm :?: Sounds big.
Only to you buddy...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/can ... olumn-yet/
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:52 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:22 pm [quote=Micky post_id=375800 time=1583617352
I dunno about that, Tanev is under 20 min/game, 4th on the team.

My preference is to replace Tanev, but I wouldn't get into a bidding war for him over term or AAV. I think he'll fit under the cap and Toronto won't be able to afford him, so he's likely staying.
Curious if you understand Tanev doesn’t play PP and Hughes does not kill penalties
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:19 pm Curious if you understand Tanev doesn’t play PP and Hughes does not kill penalties
Maybe you missed the part where Tanev has never played the PP and is on pace for his fewest ATOI since 2013?

He's great, I'm just saying he's not a top-pairing. Which is why he's not cracked the top-100 in the league for TOI , and is instead ranked down around other Legit Top 4D like Erik Gudbranson. (Just kidding, Tanev is getting a full 16 seconds a game more than Guddy).
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There are no top pairing RH D men out there on the UFA market other than Alex Pietrangelo. At this point in their careers Tanev and Edler are probably # 4 guys. Kinda like Tyler Myers. Problem is we don’t have a legit 2/3 guy to drop in between Quinn Hughes and Edler/Tanev/Myers. The latter three need to be carried by better partners and we don’t have that here.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:44 pm There are no top pairing RH D men out there on the UFA market other than Alex Pietrangelo. At this point in their careers Tanev and Edler are probably # 4 guys. Kinda like Tyler Myers. Problem is we don’t have a legit 2/3 guy to drop in between Quinn Hughes and Edler/Tanev/Myers. The latter three need to be carried by better partners and we don’t have that here.
This is the top dead center core of Vancouvers issues. Napkin isnt going to miraculously fill that role either Chef....before you start barking up that tree
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:44 pm There are no top pairing RH D men out there on the UFA market other than Alex Pietrangelo. At this point in their careers Tanev and Edler are probably # 4 guys. Kinda like Tyler Myers. Problem is we don’t have a legit 2/3 guy to drop in between Quinn Hughes and Edler/Tanev/Myers. The latter three need to be carried by better partners and we don’t have that here.
Myers doesn’t need to be carried, he just can’t carry a pairing himself, edler does a lot of heavy lifting for stetcher. Your right though all 3 are 2nd pairing guys though. I think what may happen this offseason is boeser or virtanen May he used to upgrade the right side d. I also think barry could be a target, now if barry turns back into the barry from Colorado that’s good, if it’s the Toronto version not so much. I also am not a fan of keeping the wingers high in the dzone, it really isolates the dmen.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:25 am
Myers doesn’t need to be carried, he just can’t carry a pairing himself, edler does a lot of heavy lifting for stetcher. Your right though all 3 are 2nd pairing guys though. I think what may happen this offseason is boeser or virtanen May he used to upgrade the right side d. I also think barry could be a target, now if barry turns back into the barry from Colorado that’s good, if it’s the Toronto version not so much. I also am not a fan of keeping the wingers high in the dzone, it really isolates the dmen.
Yeah I think one of Jake or Brock will be dealt if plan on hanging on to Toffoli. Agree about the lack of defensive back pressure from the wingers.

Not sure I’d target Barrie. He’s a poor defender and he’d need PP 1 time and he won’t get that here. There are players out there that would be a massive upgrade on the RH side over Tanev or Stecher. I like Tanev but you can’t blow your brains out signing him. He is already in a slow decline.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trade Horvat for a D-man and make Pettersson and Miller your top 2 centres
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:47 am Trade Horvat for a D-man and make Pettersson and Miller your top 2 centres
Tempting,Gaudette could even replace him if he improves more.