Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Keep Edler, hes the locker rooms Elder statesman like Chara is to the Bruins. Well liked in the room but more importantly is an example of professionalism, dedication, preparation, discipline etc. The less you have of that presence in the room the more the kids are getting all Edmonton Taylor Hall on ya
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:12 am Keep Edler, hes the locker rooms Elder statesman like Chara is to the Bruins. Well liked in the room but more importantly is an example of professionalism, dedication, preparation, discipline etc. The less you have of that presence in the room the more the kids are getting all Edmonton Taylor Hall on ya
I don't think anyone is suggesting they would rather see Edler walk, they just don't want Jimbo to go all Sutter Stupid with the contract negotiation.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:25 am
theman wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:58 am I was thinking 14m over 2 years, or 19m over 3 with NMC for first 2 and NTC for final year. Something along those lines. Edler has to realize that for the good of the franchise, he needs to be exposed for the expansion draft. Perhaps go as high as 21m over 3, with the movement protection listed above?
Problem is that trade protection expires June 30th. So if he has a 3-4 year deal and the second year has a NMC he needs to be protected because it is not an expiring contract. So if he wants more than two years it’s a NTC after year one.

His fear obviously is that Seattle would select him. Edler feels he has at least 4 more years and wants that final contract with the security of not having to move. We can’t promise to re-sign him after the expansion draft, it’s unrealistic and he knows it. His play could deteriorate, he could be injured, Benning could be gone, he could just not fit moving forward.

As the summer moves along he and his wife will become more comfortable with the idea of moving on. If someone offers 3-4 years at the coin he wants with a full NMC he should take it.
Edler's other problem stems from no other GM wanting to give him 3 years with a NMC either. Edler's agent should realize that the Canucks will re-sign Edler in 2 years, if he still has game. And right now, we can over-pay him for the next 2 years. Once the emotions are removed, it seems pretty obvious that a 2 year deal is all that he can be offered.

Perfect World - Edler signs for 2 years, $7mil/per, then re-signs for 2 years at $3mil/per.

Perfect Disaster - Edler signs for 3 years, $6mil/per with full NMC. In year 3, he starts to suck, we lose a top 4 D-man in the expansion, and we also have cap issues as Hughes and Petterson are both signing their new contracts, so we lose another player. No thanks to the Perfect Disaster option.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think we might have to go 2 years, $16M contract for Edler here folks.
$8M x 2.

So basically $5.3M x 3 squished into 2 years, thereby he makes mad looch, gets his dough to help retire and we don't have to protect him in the Seattle expansion draft, we can afford it thanks to Petey and Hughes on their lovely ELC's - enjoy it folks it'll only last two more years then MASSIVE PAYDAYS awaits, also why I think we should pay a lot for a two year contracts to some high scoring vets.

And we can only afford to do this thanks to our owners, you racists berry pickin' hatin posters ha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:50 pm I think we might have to go 2 years, $16M contract for Edler here folks.
$8M x 2.

So basically $5.3M x 3 squished into 2 years, thereby he makes mad looch, gets his dough to help retire and we don't have to protect him in the Seattle expansion draft, we can afford it thanks to Petey and Hughes on their lovely ELC's - enjoy it folks it'll only last two more years then MASSIVE PAYDAYS awaits, also why I think we should pay a lot for a two year contracts to some high scoring vets.

And we can only afford to do this thanks to our owners, you racists berry pickin' hatin posters ha.
Oh ya; Not too many public appearances since.
He might get heckled at drat day.
That wont go over too well.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Weaponize cap space and save a dman vs Seattle - while keeping our best dman in the process - no brainer if you rich & got mad cap space thanks to drafting our future CORE on ELC's, that's how it's done son.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:50 pm I think we might have to go 2 years, $16M contract for Edler here folks.
$8M x 2.

Berry pickers arent a race skyo.

Or wait...

Do the berry pickers race? First one with a full basket gets a drink of water?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Or a ride home :(
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Will Ben Hutton get a new contract with the Canucks?
Does he deserve a raise?
Will he play for the same?
Arbitration?
Negotiate to / for, trade?

Whatever happens, doubt he can use>>>Image <<< on his resume again...
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

AND Edler is going to be a UFA.
Rick Dhaliwal:

Doesn’t sound like the #Canucks and Alexander Edler will get a deal done.
Looks like 1 of the best defenseman in franchise history could be hitting the market.
Well an extra $5M hit the market, and our top dman is gone, at least Benning stood his ground on no NMC.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Much can happen between now and July 1st.

The objective here is to improve the defence for next year and beyond. If this means moving on from Edler, so be it, but I don’t believe anything until it’s official.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:37 am AND Edler is going to be a UFA.
Rick Dhaliwal:

Doesn’t sound like the #Canucks and Alexander Edler will get a deal done.
Looks like 1 of the best defenseman in franchise history could be hitting the market.
Well an extra $5M hit the market, and our top dman is gone, at least Benning stood his ground on no NMC.
Loaded on my mouse right now. Ya beat me to it.
Freakin game changer!
I admit I'm surprised. At the end of the day, you cannot blame Eddy for goin for the home run. Shit, I would.
No kidding, bet he can go out and get 7 for 4yrs.
Benning must already have a plan. Now it's tense.

Hopefully not Zaitsev. Not good enough.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

IF true, then Tryamkin is coming back in 2020, I see why Zaitsev is a target - Russian facts.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 am Much can happen between now and July 1st.

The objective here is to improve the defence for next year and beyond. If this means moving on from Edler, so be it, but I don’t believe anything until it’s official.
Yep. I imagine both sides are comfortable with allowing Edler to interview with other teams once the window opens. Gives him a chance to see if he can get a better deal elsewhere. I don't imagine he'll find many takers on the Expansion Draft trade protection, and if he does, is it a better situation than what the Canucks are offering (stability and community). He's not getting 8-years, so there's not much incentive to sign before July 1.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:57 am IF true, then Tryamkin is coming back in 2020, I see why Zaitsev is a target - Russian facts.
Sure this is happening
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”